News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Army-Base RPG [Feeler Thread]

Started by Zen, April 01, 2013, 06:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

If anyone cared to remember and notice those army-base RPGs Aun, myself and a couple of others did a long time ago, I want to revive it.

Basically, you guys play a commander of sizable army e.g. regiment for Imperial Guards and company for Space Marines. Preferably, I like the campaign to be limited to two sides e.g. Imperium and Chaos or Tau and Chaos. I'll be limiting certain factions like I would prefer if there are 1 Space Marine company for every 1 Imperial Guard regiment for example. I haven't decided yet. However, if everyone agrees to play one faction then a full Space Marine Strike Force would be alright.

What I would like to know is the theme and fluff of your army i.e. specialties, history, drawbacks, a certain hatred for certain enemies, etc.

You may have notice that I have excluded some armies like Eldar and their dark cousins. Preferably, I want to use factions that has "standing" armies and armies that will stand and fight but I could make allowances for 1 or 2 player (Depending on the number of participants) to play those armies.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

This sounds rather interesting... I'd be happy to play either Imperial or Tau, as I have armies of both who's fluff I'd like to hash out.

One note - a full Marine company versus a Guard regiment? That's just meeeaaan.
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Zen

Quote from: Dra'Tuisisch-Novae on April 01, 2013, 06:11:07 AM
One note - a full Marine company versus a Guard regiment? That's just meeeaaan.
Do some Hit and Run, Precision Strikes, Raids, and all that jazz.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

No no, I mean that an entire Battle Company against a Guard regiment is massive overkill on the part of the Marines :P.
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Aun

I will play as Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines, Scythes of the Emperor Imperial Space Marines or an all-Kroot mercenary band depending on what everyone else chooses. 

If Novae does go with Tau I'll probably do Scythes of the Emperor since it would be neat and thematic. They have such a history together;

Mabbz

I have no memory of the RPGs you speak of, so before I sign up how does it actually work?

If I do join, it'll either be Space Marines (the Red Talons chapter I used for Wargamer's deathwatch RP), IG (AdMech preferably) or Tau.

Zen

Vote if you're gonna join. I'll wait until the end of the week but at most, there would be 3 per side excluding myself who will be GM and playing a faction on both sides to move the plot along.

So far, looks like we could do a Tau Empire vs Imperium thing.

Waaaghpower

I'm interested! Of course I'd preferentially be orks but I'd gladly play guard instead since that seems to be out of the question.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Zen

Quote from: Waaaghpower on April 01, 2013, 01:50:56 PM
I'm interested! Of course I'd preferentially be orks but I'd gladly play guard instead since that seems to be out of the question.
Well, you could if your Orks are up to being mercenaries for the Tau Empire  :shifty:

Waaaghpower

Dem gits iz un orky! We'll show 'em how to throws a WAAAGH! Right 'n propa!

Zen

Okay, so...
Imperium:
- Aun: Scythes of the Emperor (Space Marine)
- Linn: <Something Imperial>
- Waaaghpower: Imperial Guard

Tau:
- Novae
- Mabbz

If we get one more for Tau, we will have enough players.

Railgun Convention

I could throw in my lot for the Tau.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Waaaghpower

Er... I meant I'll be renagade orks for the tau.

Zen

Alright, for those who are joining, what I need is the fluff, theme and background of your army.

In terms of numbers, assuming you are at full strength, each player will have:
- Space Marines will operate in single companies with 10 squads.
- Imperial Guard Regiments will have 10 companies
- Tau "Contingents/Forces" will have 10 cadres

Preferably, you should make your army themed around a primary type i.e. Space Battle Company, Imperial Guard Mechanized Company, Tau Mobile Infantry Cadres, etc. You are free to have some support units but I will decide in the end how much support units you will have. Along the campaign, you will gain some additional support whenever you've met certain criterias. Try not to have "everything" in your army. Of course, for some like the Imperial Guard, their level of training will affect their numbers i.e. Veterans will number less than a regiment with half of its number being newly-acquired conscripts.

The Allfather

I would like to join in with a detachment of Battle Sisters