News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The War Saga: Prelude (OOC Thread)

Started by Waaaghpower, April 25, 2015, 12:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Waaaghpower

As for Talents and Skills: They're just things that you're better at then the average person.
For tasks which anyone can do with a reasonable chance of success, (Cooking, for example,) Skills give a +15 bonus to rolls and Talents give a +30.
For tasks which require advanced training, Skills simply allow you to perform them and Talents give a +20.

(The precise number is subject to change.)

Also, I'm adding this to lore and I mentioned it to Narric in a PM, but the Great War happened about two hundred years ago.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Waaaghpower

I'm running out of space in my first post, so I'm going to start adding info and data to my second.

Waaaghpower

Also: I'm just going to say it now, there's going to be a few balancing kinks to work out as I get everything going. I will try and avoid changing player gear, but I might have to if something ends up being far too powerful or weak next to how it *should* be functioning.

Also, I am going to add to the rules a 'Power consumption' to any weapons or gear that use Spirit. I'll need to balance it, but it will probably work like the Magic system. (Batteries will have an 'Energy' capacity similar to the player's, but will add weight. (Either to the weapons themselves or the armor, depending on where the batteries are.) Gear will use either 'Energy per turn' or 'Energy per use', depending on the effects.)

Narric

HectorSmash

I would offer but, after Dawn and Dusk I'll probably be moving on from here. That's why I keep bugging you guys for contact info :P I don't wanna lose touch just because I don't use the forum.

Speaking of the forum, I still can't view most intra-forum links, hehe. Just as well, really.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: HectorSmash on April 30, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
I would offer but, after Dawn and Dusk I'll probably be moving on from here. That's why I keep bugging you guys for contact info :P I don't wanna lose touch just because I don't use the forum.

Speaking of the forum, I still can't view most intra-forum links, hehe. Just as well, really.
If you have a recommendation for a better Forum to run this on, I'm all ears. (Assuming Narric and Mabbz are cool with it.) I only chose SecondSphere on account of I already have an account here and I don't know anywhere better.

Narric

Nought wrong with setting up a dedicated forum. I think a few sites offer a free service, and for a small group of people you're not going to need much.

Quote from: HectorSmash on April 30, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
You may want to talk to Sorck about that ;)

Mabbz

Updated my profile with equipment and small ability changes. What happens if no one else joins?

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on April 30, 2015, 11:01:28 PM
What happens if no one else joins?
I rewrite the plot to work with three characters. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Waaaghpower

Also, just so everyone's aware, I've been consistently adding more stuff to fluff, rules, etc.

Waaaghpower

Also, imma reduce the number of wounds everyone gets by a lot. I'm thinking 20 right now. Maybe less.

Mabbz

Jayne Cobb, Holly Short, Orion Fowl and Valkyrie Cain are member of the Thirteen? Interesting.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on May 02, 2015, 08:23:19 AM
Jayne Cobb, Holly Short, Orion Fowl and Valkyrie Cain are member of the Thirteen? Interesting.
I needed a coupled filler names...

Mabbz

Oh, I can't complain. Dreylan Scarab, China Sorrows, Nefarian Serpine and Erskine Ravel are all characters from the Skulduggery Pleasant books that I've used as characters in RPs. Oh, and I also stole Pleasant as a surname for E,tD and Edgely for this very RP. In fact the only original names I've come up with have probably been Hazy, Ducktape and Galithir. Names are hard.