News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Need help with a tournament list.

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, April 19, 2013, 05:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

I have a tourney in a few weeks and I have until the end of the month to get my list in. My problem is this. I do not have, nor can I get any of the shiny new hurty units. I am stuck with what I used to have.

I will be facing off against DA, GK, Orks, Necrons and some BA I think. And one other Tau player.

I have at my disposal:

Firewarriors x36
Crisis suits x 10
Stealth suits x 6
Hammerhead Chassis x 2
XV88 x 3
Numerous Drones.

I cannot take Foregworld units, but i can use a forgeworld model to represent a normal unit.

I cannot Proxy as such, but I can say that I have different weapons from what is modeled on the unit. So a Deathrain suit can go out as a Helios and so on.

Its 2000 points, and I may use up to 500 of those points for Allies. I am thinking SM librarian with some Scounts, mainly for Psychic Hood and Gate of Infinity.

I need this list to be tough and hard hitting. The other players are all very experienced and their lists are mean.

Any suggestions?

I have been thinking Farsight Bomb with Gate of Infinity.

Helios bodyguards. A Heatwave team with added Burstcannon each. Or maybe a 3rd flamer, im not sure yet. With a BC 3 of these suits come in a 92 points. Seems like a bargain to me.

I MAY be able to get hold of an Ethereal, preferably Aun'Va, which would really boost my mid range firepower.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Waaaghpower

It looks like, with the exception of Orks, you are mostly going to be playing against pretty heavy stuff and a ton of 3+ or 2+ armor as well as big tanks. Depending on the Ork player, you could also end up fighting a massive horde as well, but your biggest threat will still be the marines you have to face.

In other words, take anti armor. A lot of it. You're gonna need anti tank for most of those armies, (if not all,) and good AP too.
I don't know enough about Tau specifically to help you there, but that's my 2c.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

The Man They Call Jayne

The 2 Ork armies are BIG hordes. If it is anything like what I saw on tuesday, at 2000 points each guy had well over 150 models. There are going to be several fliers involved aswell.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4