News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

1850 Tau Mark V

Started by Chicop76, May 11, 2013, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Well I am going to give my Tau a go today. I am still modififying my list to be wysiwyg thanks to missle drones and high yield missiles. To be frank I can spend 300 dollars or by missile bits since I already have 9 broadsides. Anyway I'm working on the missile drones which isn't too hard to convert.

All that being said I think this is the list I will be running for tournament play. I droped a fire warrior squad and my hammerhead to add another broadside team. The reasoning for this my riptides is enough to handle a landraider or two. I might drop my 4 man pathfinder team to give my fire warriors bombs to handle tanks as well. If it is an issue I will change my list accordingly.

Since for the most part I seen less vehicles overall, unless crons. I think this list will do well. This list is in response to the 60 hounds of khorne garbage. I think if I now face that list I can erradicate almsot all 3 squads and I have faith they will perish if they try to assault.

1850 Tau

HQ

130 XV-08 Commander
Drone Controller, Counterfire defence system
Signiture System: Puretide Engram Neurochip, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Neuroweb System Jammer

50 Ethereal

Elites

185 XV104 Riptide: Ion Accelerator, Fusion

185 XV104 Riptide: Ion Accelerator, Fusion

Troops

108 FireWarriors
X12 Shas'La

108 FireWarriors
X12 Shas'La

108 FireWarriors
X12 Shas'La

108 FireWarriors
X12 Shas'La

Fast Attack

55 Pathfinders
X5 Shas'La:

55 Pathfinders
X5 Shas'La

11 Pathfinders
X4 Shas'La

Heavy Support

116 Sky Ray: Smart Missile, Blacksun Filter

282 XV88 Broadside team
3x Shas'Ui: 3x target: high yield missle
6 x missle drones

315 XV88 Broadside team
3x Shas'Ui:Drone Controller, 2x Velocity Tracker: high yield missle
6 x missle drones

Total Points 1850

I have a lot of points in heavy support. I might drop the 2 sides and go with snipers and back to 5 fire warrior squads. However I think the durablity of the sides on top of the 2 riptides will do a heap of damage.