News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

1250 Tyranids

Started by Arkitek, May 14, 2013, 04:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkitek

He's a newb at Tau but he's a smart cookie.

Who loves kroot hounds for some inscrutable reason, but never mind that.

I fully expect him to take an Ethereal and Fireblade or two Fireblades and spam Fire Warriors backed up by Riptides.
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Arkitek

Oh, guys, problem. Ethereals are Stubborn. So they ignore any negative leadership modifiers. By RAW, this would include the Deathleaper's abilities.
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Chicop76

Quote from: Arkitek on May 15, 2013, 06:29:12 PM
Oh, guys, problem. Ethereals are Stubborn. So they ignore any negative leadership modifiers. By RAW, this would include the Deathleaper's abilities.

Lol. I forgot about that. I have to relook at deathleaper to see if it still lowers are not. Anyway it still have a +2 cover save and cause movement penalties around him. The negative leadership still works on farseers and the +5 rending isn't bad.

Arkitek

Yeah, it was pretty fun.

I ended up playing against a Chaos list and trashed them 9-3 after one of the devilgaunt broods got me First Blood and Slay the Warlord in a single turn of shooting. Then they also earned me Linebreaker while contesting an objective. It was glorious.

Chicop76

Quote from: Arkitek on May 16, 2013, 04:44:33 AM
Yeah, it was pretty fun.

I ended up playing against a Chaos list and trashed them 9-3 after one of the devilgaunt broods got me First Blood and Slay the Warlord in a single turn of shooting. Then they also earned me Linebreaker while contesting an objective. It was glorious.

Awesome! Doom and a bunch of deep striking devil gaunts is hard to contend against.

I think a tyrant power let's you outflank. In the past I always thought outflanking tervigons would be a bad ideal. However with the devilgaunts via ds it is worth while to do. It will give you combat options if anything lives long enough to assault them.

I also think like wp said a doom would be a good ideal. The doom however may be over kill though. What's nice though you can use deathleaper on a bloodthirster and lower him to leadership 6 and have the doom force a leadership test on him possibly killing the thirster.

Glad you did well and may the force be with you.