News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1850 list. This is my rough draft re write. Need help to finalize my list.

Started by Chicop76, June 03, 2013, 06:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Before I begin I really love stealth suits. I only used them one game and missed them since. Do to what I call abunch of random people showing up this weekend I decided to revamp my list. The issue I had was I was being out shot outside of 36". I did keep in mind 600 points was daemons which besides the grinder couldn't shoot. I can see getting a rail gun for my tank, but liking the double skyrays for dealing with flyers.

I was gonna do farsight bomb and saw his points and changed my mind. I have thought about using shadowsun due to her being cheaper.

The ideal here is to have my Ethereal to join my sniper drones and keep them far back. I took a sun filter to negate nite fight and two marker drones for 4bs 5 marker lighs. I hate the controllers for not having networked lights. I figure this squad can deal with high tougness and mark the way for a second volly of shooting. With two skyray's I can give this squad deny cover or help them skyfire. I might change my drones to shield drones at a later date.

My commander will attach with the stealth suits and support them. The ideal is when I can infltrate in and deep strike my riptides in as support. I took 4 gun drones to add more fire power to the squad. I doubt marker lights are needed due to re rolling bs 5 gundrones and the rest of the squd is re rolling to hit and ignoring cover with tank or MC hunter. I think 5 points in giving the squad hit and run is well worth it. I really wish my army builder will let you pick the gear. Anyway it will be nice to have. Also I took the gear that causes to get hot.

Finally my rail gun pathfinders will outflank. They will provide me with the ability to come in fire 6 rail shots with carbines and I will be able to deep strike at their postion. This way I can go to my suits or my finders. I am debating on a homer on my ethereal so I can deep strike to his location.

Intercept is something I should take and may take on my deep striking riptides. I may gve one skyfire. However I am at 48 troops which I feel is not enough really, so the list is where I want it. If I drop anything it might me pathfinders. I have 19 lights which 4 is at bs 4 and 4 at bs 5.

HQ
Ethereal: 2 marker drones, filter
Commander: jammer, puretie, multi, command, controller

Elite
Riptide: ion, fusion
Riptide: ion, fusion
6 stealth suits: 2x fusion, 2x marker, shas'vre: beacon, 2x gun drones

Troop
12 firewariors
12 firewariors
12 kroot
12 kroot