News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Three Black Templar Lists [750pts]

Started by Narric, June 08, 2013, 09:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Will be interesting to hear some critism of these lists. They're ones I've used for my previous two Vassal games, with a third that I shall use next time.

List One
Made a few months ago, long before the idea for the Campaign was started.

Based on the save file title, I know it was meant for an Allied Detachment, rather than a main army, hence why it had only one Troops choice.

Spoiler
HQ
Marshall Novan - Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Adamantium Mantle, Artificer Armour
180pts

Troops
Crusader Squad (14) - 7x Initiates, 7x Neophytes, Crusader Seals, 1x Power Axe
206pts
Land Raider Crusader - Dozer Blade, Searchlight, Blessed Hull
296pts

Fast Attack
Assault Squad (5) - Krak Grenades, Meltabombs, Power Axe, Storm Shield, 2x Plasma Pistols
148pts

Total = 774pts

Admittantly, I am now in the awkward position of having used a list that was over the limit set, and still lost the game :P As I said, awkward XD

List Two
After my defeat, I figured I should try a more Standard FOC list, and so swapped out the Crusader carrying Crusaders for another squad of Crusaders and two Razorbacks.

In the game, my opponent had fielded three Vendetta Gunships. Quite scary at such a low points game.
I had forgoten to actually use my Land Speeder, so I'm not sure how useful it would have been.
Go Here for the Battle Report.

Spoiler
HQ
Marshall Novan - Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Adamantium Mantle, Artificer Armour
180pts
Emperors' Champion - "Suffer not The Unclean to Live"
125pts

Troops
Crusader Squad (5) - 5x Initiates, 1x Flamer
86pts
Razorback - Lascannons, Dozer Blade, Searchlight
96pts

Crusader Squad (6) - 6x Initiates, 1x Power Sword, Meltagun
116pts
Razorback - Lascannons, Dozer Blade, Searchlight
96pts

Fast Attack
Land Speeder - Heavy Bolter
50pts

Total = 749pts

List Three
This list is currently untested. However, I hope it will work better then my previous two.

Spoiler
HQ
Castellan Dreryn - Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Crusader Seals, Artificer Armour, Bionics, Auspex
108pts
Emperors' Champion - "Suffer not The Unclean to Live"
125pts

Troops
Crusader Squad (5) - 5x Initiates, 1x Multi-Melta, 1x Meltagun
100pts
Crusader Squad (5) - 5x Initiates, 1x Power Sword, 1x Flamer
96pts

Fast Attack
Land Speeder - Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Pattern
70pts

Heavy Support
Land Raider - Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon
250pts

Total = 749pts

Reasons why I think this list will work better than its predessors:
1- Tougher Transport, with better loadout of weaponry.
This means my Troops and accompanying Castelan Will be well protected as they cross the battlefield to the enemy positions. It also gives me some Anti-air capability with the dual Twin-linked Lascannons for tougher targets like IG Vendettas, and the Heavy Bolters can surely cause havok on lighter crafts, lie all the Xenos Flyers.

2- Versatile & Mobile Weapons Platform
By this I mean the Land Speeder. Its a Fast Skimmer, and only two weapon systems. Thanks to Errata, the Typhoon is Heavy 2, rather than Heavy 1, twinlinked. And it has to optional firing modes. It has plenty of fire-power to take out elite units, and Light infantry without too much hassle.

3- "Suffer not the unclean to Live"
Out of all the vows, this seems best, as the reduced Initiative will only become apparent when you face Combat focused races like Dark Eldar and Tyranids. The boast in Strength makes all the other Power Weapon types semi-useless. The Emperors' Champion himself is a powerful force to deal with. I kinda want to see how he fears against some Tyranid MC at some point.

After all that, it will be great to hear some critism on this lists, and possibly ideas for improvement.

Thanks for reading

Narric