News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Space Wolves All Comers 1500

Started by Waaaghpower, January 08, 2014, 03:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Well, here's my attempt to build a Space Wolves list that can take on most foes. Before you say it, yes, I know that I will be shredded by flyers. There's not much I can really do about that, short of Allies, and that defeats the purpose in my opinion.
Without further ado...

HQ
Rune Priest - Chooser of the Slain
Rune Priest

Elites
Lone Wolf - Terminator Armor, Chainfist, Storm Shield

Troops
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Melta Guns, Drop Pod
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Melta Guns, Drop Pod
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard, Drop Pod
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard, Drop Pod

Heavy Support
Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers
Long Fangs - 5 Plasma Cannons

Fortifications
Aegis Defense Line - Icarus Lascannon

Strategy is fairly straightforward. Lone Wolf runs forward, Grey Hunters drop wherever they can cause the most damage or any point that needs to be secured, (E.G. objectives.) Rune Priests sit with the Long Fangs.

I'm considering dropping the Lone Wolf in exchange for an extra Drop Pod (To give to the Lomg Fangs, soley so that the Grey Hunters can come in sooner), and Terminator Armor on my Rune Priests (to help mitigate damage from Helldrakes and the like.) Don't know what I'd spend the last 10 points on.
Thoughts?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.