News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Help me Choose (3 Lists, which is best?) - Space Wolves

Started by Waaaghpower, January 24, 2014, 05:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

I'll try and keep this as succinct as possible: I've got three Space Wolf armies, and I'm playing in a 40k League. They allow one proxy a game, but this week they're also allowing a proxy of any one Lord of War.
I'm probably screwed. The one small mercy is that they don't use Forge World, so only the titans in the Escalation book will be considered valid, making it easy to plan for. I've got three list options, but no matter which one I pick, I will end up being doomed against one enemy or another.

If you have any tips for any list, or just think one is better than the others, let me know! Please!

List one:
This is my balanced list. It's probably got the best chance at hurting most everything, but unfortunately it's no good against specific threats. So, if I end up fighting any powerful titan, I don't have the tools to take it out specifically. (I do, on the other hand, have the tools to injure every titan.)

HQ:
Wolf Priest - Combi Plasma (Gives one squad of Wolf Guard preferred enemy.)

Elites:
Wolf Guard Pack - 6 Wolf Guard, 6 Combi Plasma, Drop Pod
Wolf Guard PAck - 6 Wolf Guard, 6 Combi Melta, Drop Pod

Troops:
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Melta Guns, Drop Pod
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Melta Guns, Drop Pod, Wolf Standard

Heavy Support:
Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers

Fortifications:
Aegis Defense Line - Icarus Lascannon

Allies: (Space Marines)
HQ:
Tigurus (Buffs the Long Fangs into awesomeness)

Troops:
5 Scouts - Camo Cloaks, 4 Sniper Rifles (Holds objectives that my Grey Hunters don't want to bother with.)

Heavy Support:
Thunderhawk - Multi Melta, Assault Cannon (This is my Proxy)

List Two:
This is my anti-tank list. It's really good if I end up fighting a Revenant Titan, Stompa, Skullmaster (LORD OF SKULLS!), and can *maybe* handle a Harridan if I pass a grounding test. However, I'm probably not going to be able to hurt the Harridan if it's not grounded, and I have nothing that can handle a Thunderhawk. (Or, for that matter, any kind of flyer spam.) Doing the math, it's also not going to do much to scratch a Transcendant C'tan, because he's stupid hard to kill against everything except Destroyer Weapons (Against which he's stupid easy to kill). I'm currently leaning towards this list, but I'm not sure about it.

HQ:
Rune Priest - Terminator Armor (Buffs Long Fangs)
Wolf Priest - Melta Bombs, Combi Plasma - (Buffs Wolf Guard, as before)

Elites:
Wolf Guard - 8 Wolf Guard, 8 Combi Melta, Drop Pod
Wolf Guard - 8 Wolf Guard, 8 Combi Plasma, Drop Pod

Troops:
10 Grey Hunters - 2 Plasma Guns, Plasma Pistol, Wolf Standard, Drop Pod (Pistol + Standard because I had 25 extra points.)

Heavy Support:
Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launcher

Fortifications:

And, List Three:
This is my third and final list. It's got my best chance at AA, and due to the inclusion of a Destroyer Weapon can kill Transcendant C'tans pretty easily, (Awesome!) but won't do much against Eldar Titans due to their fairly stupid 3+ ignore everything save (Including Destroyer Weapons... For some reason?) It also isn't that much better against a Harridan unless I can ground it, same as before, and only fares slightly better against a Thunderhawk.

HQ:
Rune Priest - Terminator Armor

Troops:

Heavy Support:
Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers

Fortification:

Lord of War:
Thunderhawk Gunship - Destroyer weapon thingey
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Chris

I'd probably go with the third option... It has a better spread of weapons and should be good for most 'all comers'.
The D- weapon can really fuck up anyones game who likes to take lots of infantry (or just about anything without void shields) and the rest of the army is solid enough to be able to stand up to most others!