News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

800 pts SM semi comp

Started by Chris, August 12, 2014, 08:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hey all, so I've got some of my Sons of Corvane together for a few games at my local.

Here is what I have:

Hq
Master of the Forge: Bike 110

Troops:
Tactical squad: 10 marines, plasma gun 155
Scout squad: 5 scouts, camo cloak, sniper rifles, 70
Landspeeder Storm (Dt FOR SCOUTS)

Fast:
Bike squad: 5 marines, 2 Flamers 115

Heavy:
Predator: TL Las-cannon turret 100
Storm Raven: TL LC, TL MM 200

Narric

That last 5pts could give you a Metlabomb in your Troops section.

The list seems alright.
I'd personally suggest swapping the LSStorm for Lascannon sponson on the Pred, and having a Second Meltabomb to add to the list.

Make sure to report back how your game(s) go ;)

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

List looks solid. I concur with Narric though, the annihilator predator loadout is far more effective. One shot per turn just isnt as good now, especially now that vehicles are durable (Need to roll a 6 to kill a vehicle with 1 lascannon now)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Chris

Hmm... I think I'm going to keep the speeder, just as it adds more to the harassment front as well giving mobility to the scouts (if they need to move).

What chapter tactics do you think would be best for this list? Fluff wise I want to go for Ravenguard, but that would really not help. I was thinking scout would be mean on the bikes, but since they are Very Bulky, they don't get it, and I'm not using jump packers... I'm considering scars, but have you hot any thoughts?
Thanks!

Chris

The game went really well, although that's not too surprising as it turne out I was playing a 12 yr old who didn't really know the rules... I'd pretty much tabled him by the end of turn 2...

Hopefully I'll get to play someone who at least doesn't rely on me reading their codex in order to tell them how to play their army...

Narric

Well hopefully the lad learned something, and teaching the younger players is always good. Hopefully your next opponent is at least the same skill level as you. :P

Chris

Played another game, this time against someone who knew what they were doing.
I just manage to snatch a win against 800pts of Deamons. The scouts and predator where the big figure killers, bikes are being disappointing at the moment...

Narric

Why not trade the bikes for Assault Marines with Meltaguns? Deep Striking Anti-tank might be better then T5 anti-infantry. They're equally fast normally, and DS'ing can get them to where they'r needed faster than a Bikes Turbo-boost.

Chris

I'm definitely going to consider something else, but I just bought the ravenwing battlefield for more bikes... they do make for good mobile far platforms, so I'm looking at having a unit with Flamers and a unit with meltas... May go gravs, but primarily that is for the centurian...