News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

1500-1750 list idea, advice wanted!!

Started by Commissar Bane, June 30, 2012, 03:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commissar Bane

Whats up guys, I'm typing this at work so I don't have my list or codex right in front of me for adding up all the points.  ::) I know its between 1500-1750 so bear with me while I just throw down my general idea! And please let me know what you all think :] thanks! Still pretty new to DE.

HQ:

Duke Sliscus (Probably misspelled that)

Archon
-Huskblade
-Venomblade (whatever its called..)
-Soultrap
-Shadowfield
-Combatdrugs
(Should I add anything else to him? there is that clone one, may be good.)

Elite:

5x Incubi
-Klaivex
-Onslaught
-Raider
  -Night shields and flickerfields

10x Trueborn
-8 shardcarbines
-2 Splinter Cannons
-Raider
  -Night shields and flickerfields.

Troops:
5x Warriors
-upgrade one
  -aggy whip
  -blast pistol
-blaster
-Venom
  -splinter cannon
  - night shields? (whichever field doesn't come standard...)

5x Warriors
-upgrade one
  -aggy whip
  -blast pistol
-blaster
-Venom
  -splinter cannon
  -NS/FF (again, whichever doesnt come stock.)

9x Wyches (To go with the duke)
  -hydragauntlets
  -(maybe haywire grenades? worth it??)
  -raider w/ NS and FF.

Heavy:
Ravager
  -Nightshields/flickerfields
Ravager

Pretty sure that was it. For hitting 1750 should I throw some scourges in there? or try and add a razorwing? ideas? Thanks in advance you guys  :P
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind, if you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter. -Gilbran Quail

Commissar Bane

forgot to add this...  :facepalm001:

all 3 raiders have Dark Lances. so I have approximately 9 dark lances in that force.
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind, if you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter. -Gilbran Quail

Rej

Quote from: Commissar Bane on June 30, 2012, 03:25:54 AM
Whats up guys, I'm typing this at work so I don't have my list or codex right in front of me for adding up all the points.  ::) I know its between 1500-1750 so bear with me while I just throw down my general idea! And please let me know what you all think :] thanks! Still pretty new to DE.

Right right, cool cool, it is the idea that counts! Lets get to it then!

HQ:

Duke Sliscus (Probably misspelled that)

Right, Well I've never used him (not a fan of special characters, but thats me), but I've heard good things, a lot of people swear by him and I'm just assuming your going to use him to make those Trueborn insanely good at killing stuff, no arguments here, nice plan.

Archon
-Huskblade
-Venomblade (whatever its called..)
-Soultrap
-Shadowfield
-Combatdrugs
(Should I add anything else to him? there is that clone one, may be good.)

Firstly you can't have a clone field and shadow field at the sametime, I prefer the shadowfield personally, 2++? Yes please. Everytime (although my Archon hasn't survived a game yet, go figure..).
I personally wouldn't bother with the Venom blade, but thats me. I'd figure you've got enough poison shots to deal with tough fellows, use your Archon to chop things that are in abundance. Or characters. Definitely chop Characters.

Elite:

5x Incubi
-Klaivex
-Onslaught
-Raider
  -Night shields and flickerfields

This is where the Archon goes? Nice choice, I love me some Incubi. Though I don't bother with the Klaivex etc, I just don't see it as worthwhile, that could easily change in 6th though, Not sure what the Incubi's weapons count as. So Thats up in the air.
But yeah, 5 Incubi and an Archon? That'll kill you some stuff. Just make sure they get there ok.

10x Trueborn
-8 shardcarbines
-2 Splinter Cannons
-Raider
  -Night shields and flickerfields.

Ah, there's 10. I figured Sliscus would go here to give the 3+ poison. But he can't fit in the raider. Um. I'd say drop a guy, put sliscus in here, and shoot stuff. To death.
That would be a lot of points though, not the most effective way of getting shots (read: venoms) but I'm a fan of the character is adds to the list.

Troops:
5x Warriors
-upgrade one
  -aggy whip
  -blast pistol
-blaster
-Venom
  -splinter cannon
  - night shields? (whichever field doesn't come standard...)

5x Warriors
-upgrade one
  -aggy whip
  -blast pistol
-blaster
-Venom
  -splinter cannon
  -NS/FF (again, whichever doesnt come stock.)

I'd drop the Sybarite, aggoniser and blast pistol. 5 Guys won't last long in combat (they probably won't even get to swing, and probably won't do damage if they do). But then again, 6th edition seems like you can target characters, so could be worth it. Your unit getting charged, slicing up the enemies Sgt before getting hacked to bits. This is actually intriguing me. Need more details on 6th first. But yeah, might actually be viable and worthwhile now.

9x Wyches (To go with the duke)
  -hydragauntlets
  -(maybe haywire grenades? worth it??)
  -raider w/ NS and FF.

Just read that the duke is going here. Can I ask why? He's rules say that he must be deployed in a Raider with Warriors or Trueborn, so he won't be able to start in the Raider with them.
And yes Haywire grenades, I find them invaluable. Plus they'll be stripping hull points like nothing else.

Heavy:
Ravager
Ravager

You can't go wrong with Lance Raiders.

Pretty sure that was it. For hitting 1750 should I throw some scourges in there? or try and add a razorwing? ideas? Thanks in advance you guys  :P

Hmmm. How would you plan on using the Scourges? Deepstriking heat lance? Shardcarbines and splinter cannon mass fire? Haywire blasters to hull point stripping goodness? My advice, give them a job and stick to it.
And adding a razorwing could be great, especially with the new flyer rules! Though I don't know the new rules so I don't know how great.

Ummm. Hope I could help?
Phew...

Commissar Bane

Thanks man! Yea I didnt have the codex on me so I didnt notice the shadowfield/clone field conflict! And also when I looked at the duke I didnt notice if it specified him having to be in the unit he grants the bonus to, Ill have to look back through that, but your advice was helpful! I shall go and reread everything I wanted to include to avoid embarrassing conflicts like the clonefields/shadowfields conflict.  :facepalm001:

Also the warrior squads only have the Syrabites or whatever theyre called because I used to have 2 squads of 10 but I divided it up to make that shooty trueborn squad and cannot find my sprues to replace the aggy and blast pistols on them so I was like "meh whatever" but Ill try and look into it.

I did a 6th edition game today and my 5 warriors beat out 4 assault marines with red thirst, that was just luck though lol

Rej

Having characters in units has become much more useful, especially limiting enemy characters by challenging them in combat.

And also it turns out Flickerfields are no longer useful or worth the points really, you'll be getting a 5+ cover save as long as you moved and a 4+ if you moved flat out, meaning flickerfields are only useful if your vehicles get assaulted or against difficult terrain. Which in my opinion is to situational to be worth the points.
Phew...