News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

6th ED Battleforce Tau Army

Started by Narric, July 09, 2012, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

This thread is for the discussion of what YOU would do, under the new edition rules, with only the parts from a Tau Battleforce to hand, to create a legal Tau Army list.

I'll put forward my suggestion, and we can take it from there.

Bear in mind, that at first glance, my list may not seem possible, but everything is legally modelled.

The List
HQ
Crisis Commander (Shas'O)
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-tracker
HW Drone Controller, Shield Drone, HW Blacksun Filter
130pts

Elites
Stealth Team (3 suits)
Team Leader - Markerlight, HW Blacksun Filter
3x Burst Cannons, Targeting Array
138pts

Troops
Fire Warrior Team (6 Warriors)
Shas'ui - Markerlight, HW Blacksun Filter
Pulse Rifles
83pts

Kroot Carnivore Squad (12 Kroot)
Shaper - no upgrades
Kroot Rifles
105pts

Fast Attack
Pathfinder Team (6 Pathfinders + Devilfish)
Shas'ui - HW Blacksun Filter
Pulse Carbines & Markerlights
1x Rail Rifle (+ obsolete Target Lock)
Devilfish - Sensor Spines, Decoy Launchers, Seeker Missile*
195pts

Total = 651pts

*Can't remember if Devilfish kit comes with a seeker. can easily be taken off if not the case.

Simple Conversions
As I said this list is lega, and is WYSIWYG. Here are my explinations if they are needed:

Sheild Drone
Place battlesuit shield generator in place of TL Pulse Carbine parts on drone.

Kroot Shaper
This can be one kroot have the knife arm, or any other conversion to make the "Shaper" stand out from the rest of the squad.

Pathfinders
Using carbine in place of rifles, and don't attach either the warriors Shoulder guard, or "power pack." This conversion will be complete, with a small lump of Green Stuff, pressed into the hole on the back of the Fire Warrior torso.

This conversion more or less does rely on the player already owning a small quantity of Green Stuff.

Rail Rifle
I have made a conversion guide for this, but with Forum moves, server crashes, and simply losing track, I don't know where it could be now :(

However, I do have a model to use as an example, and hopefully you can use it to figure out how to make a Rail Rifle with a Battleforce kit.

Conclusion
I will admit, this list may not win many games. But I believe it can serve as a simple core to any Tau Army, offering various areas for the player to expand at their own leisure.

I welcome anyone and everyone to offer their opinion on this list.

Sorck

Good post you have there Narric. :)

The list might not be a powergaming list but it does offer some potential - OK, maybe I should read the 6th Ed Rules before making this assumption but that will have to wait...

Anyhow, have a cookie for your work. :cookie:

EDIT... that smiley has gone missing... ah well, have a :pie: instead. :P