News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Local tournament

Started by salamut2202, October 17, 2012, 07:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salamut2202

Because so much of the club is made up of local uni students, we're celebrating the end of exams with competing in 6th edition! This list has been winning me a good 80% of my games since the 6th but theres eldark venom spam and flying necron croissant bakery afoot so any improvements if you will.

Fortunatly we have the decisive decision making of the United Nations so it's going to be held at 1750 OR 2000 points  :facepalm001: . This is the 1750 list but the 2000 point back-up tak-ons will be in brackets next to the thing they replace at that points level.

Shas'O - 130
CIB
Shield
VRT
Stims

12 warriors in a fish with a disruption pod and an SMS -225

10 kroot with 5 hounds -100

3 XV8s with TLMP and flamers -141 (2000: 3 TX42 Piranahs with Disruption pods and missile pods -225)

4 tetras -200

2 XV9 2 fusion cascaders and 2 shield drones each

Hammerhead -170
Railgun
BCs
MT
TL
Disruption Pod

Skyray - 150
SMS
Disruption pod.

Allies: Eldar Corsairs(IA xi For those into that sort of thing)

Prince -160
Void Sabre
Fusion pistol
Shadow field

4 Blade sworn -132
fusion pistols
power weapon

venom with a scatter laser -55

5 eldar corsairs with jetpacks, 1 flamer and 1 missile launcher -191 (See everything there? Double every number you see -382)

5 Jetbikes with a cannon -135 (4 of them with a cannon -110)

The HQ is an assaulty 'O with Hit and run and because of the independant character confering the special rules thing, he can jump in with the corsairs or the XV9s so they can have it too. He's flexible.

The troops are there because I have to. Kroot infitrate and try to get enemy objetives. Fire warriors zoom, objective take and perform drive bys and eat infantry.

Death rain suits do what deathrains do but if I have the points I replace them with Missile Pod piranahs simply because they are fast and generally last longer. XV9s did what I took helious suits for but they to the heavy armour/infantry thing exactly a million times better.

The Tetras and Skyray are an independant unit that kill flyers. 16 markerlight hits, 2 or 3 on average clip a flyer and seeker missiles away. Unless the flyer is a monstrous creature, than the tetras ground him and I laugh in my oponents face because the FAQ trolled tyranids hard. Once we're out of missiles than it's all markerlight support from there. It usually covers most flyers seeing most armies don't have much more than 3 flyers, and that's rare. Unless you're 1 particular t'auk'cka necron list that spams more flying robotic croissants than a french cylon breakfast.

The prince and his retinue are just one of those awesome venom zoomers that seek out important heavy infantry squads/HQ units/vehicles and dead them in the face until killed to death. They sometimes have fire dragon syndrome but they usually get more than their weight in meat. Plus they look cool, their models are an archon with kabalites with swords. Replace 'fusion pison' with 'blast pistol' and the venom's 'scatterlaser' with 'splintercannon'. Take that wysiwyg!

Corsairs are jumpy firepower of death. you might think that the flamer and the missile launcher are a weird combo but I like the oportunity to snipe at a tank or a nasty hit against a squad that the rest of the squad to the stormbolter equivilant to a las gun. Flamers are cheap and as well as flush out guys from cover, they add punch whenever I need to go into overwatch. I would run 2 squads but half of them are vespid because of the money I'm not made of, so it remains one to avoid confusion.

Bikes do what bikes to - be fast space marines and stay alive until there's an objective to take. I sometimes back up the venom with it. Reaver models because the other jetbikes are fugly.