News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1850 Guard/BA

Started by Arguleon-veq, October 22, 2012, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

Im thinking of running this to make the most of my current Guard models:

Primaris:
Primaris:
Platoon Command: 2 Flamers
Platoon Command: 2 Flamers
50 Guardsmen: Commissar, 6 Power Axes, 3 Melta Bombs, 3 Autocannons, 3 Flamers.
50 Guardsmen: Commissar, 6 Power Axes, 3 Melta Bombs, 3 Autocannons, 3 Flamers.
Vendetta: Heavy Bolters
Vendetta: Heavy Bolters
Manticore:
Defense Line: Quad Gun

Blood Angels -

Libby: Lvl2
Sang Priest:
5 Scouts: Camo Cloaks, Missile, Snipers

There will be a primaris in each squad, libby in one the priest in the other so both have ATSKNF.

Think it could work? Both units are pretty scary in combat and deadly in a firefight due to weight of shots. I have decent anti air in 2 flyers and the quad gun. Im a little concerned about anti heavy tank if my manticore gets dealt with though.

X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chicop76

Looking at that list it gave me an ideal of putting Jacobs in a 50 man guard squad. The +1 atack would mean 100 attacks standing still and 150 attacks on the charge with re rolling to hit on the charge. Thinking about it more I can have straken give them furious charge and they also will have feel no pain thanks to Jacobs.

Would a priest give your guys fnp??? Anyway I think I will edit my sister/ guard list now.

Arguleon-veq

Nah the priest doesn't give me FnP. Only BA units. I'd check to see if its the same for Jacobs. I was tempted for Straken but he is a lot of points and I'd rather be shooting than charging most of the time. Counter attack would be nice though.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chicop76

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on November 07, 2012, 05:21:52 PM
Nah the priest doesn't give me FnP. Only BA units. I'd check to see if its the same for Jacobs. I was tempted for Straken but he is a lot of points and I'd rather be shooting than charging most of the time. Counter attack would be nice though.

Yeah that is 135 attacks atleast assaulting and getting attacked plus 24 power axe attacks on top. Thninking about it Starken may be over kill which the unit already can wipe out a 10 man marine unit rather easily :facepalm001:.

I am thinking you should take a few meltas/ inferno pistols. The outflank up grade with a +1 reserve roll could be nice, but would suck if you got that 33.33% chance to be on the wrong side.