News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

2000 pt BA list for Apoc

Started by Tempest Six Two, November 20, 2012, 02:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest Six Two

Here's my list for the weekend's battle. 6 players, 2000pts each, teams of 3. Going to be playing one of the new missions from the new BRB with a couple of small rule extras in play (such as all infantry count as scoring- not just troops).

------
Librarian- Terminator Armour, Force Axe, Storm Shield
Librarian- Jump pack, force sword

Furioso- heavy flamer, blood talons
Assault Termies x5- TH/SSs all round
Sanguinary Priests x2- Jump Packs

10x Assault Marines- jump packs, 2x meltaguns. Sgt has Power Axe, meltabombs
10x Assault Marines- jump packs, 2x meltaguns. Sgt has Power Sword, meltabombs
10x Assault Marines- jump packs, 2x meltaguns. Sgt has Power Sword, meltabombs

3x Attack Bikes- Heavy Bolters

Stormraven Gunship- PlasCan turret, nose M/melta
Stormraven Gunship- AssCan turret, nose M/melta

1990pts
-------------
So yes, its ridiculously loaded up on melta (original plan was m/melta bikes as well!!), but this is fine by me. Later Assault squad additions will feature flamers, but I'm expecting a tonne of armour in this game- I'm the only person not taking a Super-Heavy for this battle, so my tactic is to strike hard and fast and melt anything I can before it can hurt me!

The first Stormraven will be carrying the Termy Libby and his posse of Assault Termies, they are there to deploy out into the enemy's nastiest unit, and either tie them up or take them out.

The second raven brings in the Furioso, although there is no huge requirement to bring him to assault immediately- if there's minimal AA threats I'd keep him airborne for a while before delivering the dread into a choice target.

Not sure on how to run the Assault Squads- might combat squad one of them and drop Sgt, 2x meltas and two plebs in for some DoA armour killing... In essence im hoping to engage the enemy as quick as possible so my allies can take their objectives with the minimal of fuss. My small elite force will most likely not live to the end of the battle, but it should definately give my opponents a good mauling... 

C+C are always appreciated....

My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m