News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Veq vs Mkoll/Warmaster Russ. 2x600 Point Games

Started by Arguleon-veq, November 09, 2012, 12:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

Had a few games against Mkoll today at 600 points.

Here is what i took game 1:

Rune Priest[Balor]: Chooser, Melta Bombs
10 Grey Hunters: 2 Melta, Banner
Drop Pod:
5 Grey Hunters: Plasma Gun
Lone Wolf[Ral'tan]: Terminator Armour, Chainfist, Stormshield

I was to face this in both games:

Chaos Lord[Angmar]: Power Axe, Jugger, Sigil, MoK, Vet, Melta Bomb
7 Bezerkers: Power Wep, Melta Bomb
7 Bezerkers: Melta Bomb
Maulerfiend:

Balor opened his eyes with a start, his scrying had given him visions of horrors beyond imagining. A world drenched in blood, a daemon apocalypse.

He immediatly ordered his strike cruiser to make haste to the world in his vision. They had suffered casualties in their campaign against pirates preying on imperial shipping lanes but this was no flight of fancy and the stoic Warhounds chapter would not allow a world to drown in blood at the hands of the great enemy without a fight, no matter how undermanned they may be.

The Warhounds arrived in system two weeks later, the distress calls from the planet still ringing out, over and over although most ended in the pitiful screams of those broadcasting those final signals being brutally hacked apart.

Long range scans showing the last pockets of the population being gathered together for some unholy ritual spurred the Warhounds into action. They could not save these people but they could save the world itself from damnation.

The Warhounds deployed rapidly, speed was of the essence. As they closed with their enemy it become apparent that their foe was already known to them, Angmar the Allmighty, exalted of Khorne. The Warhounds had crushed his force with the help of local PDF in a neighbouring system months before, cleary he had chosen this defenseless world for nothing but slaughter in order to attone for that failure.

Balor turned to the mighty Ral'tan 'It seems as though we have an opponent worthy of your talents brother champion'
Ral'tan smiled his feral smile and growled 'Let him come'.

3 Objectives
Dawn of War

Deployment/Terrain:

As it was a small game we played on a 4x4 table. There were a series of small bunkers [3] dotted around the middle of the table with objectives in two of them. In his deployment zone is a massive bunker with the last objective. In mine is a big ruin and a medium sized bunker.

I deploy the plasma hunters on the ruins and the fangs on the bunker, Ral'tan between them. He deployed one unit on his objective and the rest of his force central. He got to infiltrate one unit with his warlord trait and they started as close to me as they could on one of the middle objectives.

Turn1:

Mkoll goes first and moves his Bezerkers up and runs them which gets them out of sight of my fangs. The mauler and lord also move up towards me.

I drop my pod behind his lord and mauler. 2 meltas, 4 missiles and a living lightning go into the mauler but i only remove 2 hull points.

Ral'tan the lone wolf charges the bezerker squad and kills the champ in a challenge.

Turn2:

The lord turns around and joins the bezerkers who jump down off the bunker in his deployment zone. The mauler piles into the lone wolf.

The lord and bezerkers crash into my grey hunters, i take 2 bezerkers down with overwatch then lose 4 marines for no kills, i flee and am not caught.

The mauler wounds Ral'tan but the bezerkers dont finish him. I get a pen on the mauler but it is saved, keeping it alive.

My hunters rally and unload their shots into the bezerkers they had just fled from, the missiles and living lightning add to the fire and reduce them to 1 bezerker.

The mauler misses with everything and the bezerkers only cause a singlewound on my lone wolf, I then roll a 1 and also fail my FnP so he dies and gives up first blood.

Turn3:

That was a big moment as because Ral'tan died in my turn the mauler is now free to charge Balor and his grey hunters whilst the bezerkers can get my long fangs. They both make their charges and the lone zerker and lord charge my pod grey hunters.

My pod grey hunters are wiped out. My long fangs lose 3 guys for only 1 kill although they also got one with overwatch. Thankfully my grenades finish the mauler before it smashes my unit apart then in a catastrophic explosion from the meltabomb it wounds 5 marines and i fail 3 saves, crippling my last unit.

In my turn the pod wounds the lord taking him down to 2 wounds whilst the plasma gunner in my remaining 2 grey hunters down the lone bezerker. In combat I lose another fang but hold.

Turn4:

Angmar the khorne lord moves towardsn my remaining 3 guys. I finally lose my lost long fang leaving 4 bezerkers.

I unload on the lord, my plasma misses with both shots and to add insult to injury dies from an overheat. I do take him down  to his last wound with lightning though.

Turn5:

Angmar crashes into my last 2 guys and slays the rune priest with ease whilst the bezerkers move onto an objective.

My storm bolter on my pod kills another bezerker, taking them to 3.

With that the game is over, Angmar even got a double 6 on his table for slaying my rune priest and turned into a daemon prince!

Result: Khorne wins 5-0!

Balor grinned as he watched the mighty Ral'tan crush an enemy champion with his enormous chainfist. Sergeant Janik directed his 'Trophy Takers' missiles into the hulking enemy daemon engine. All was going to plan.

To his horror the daemon engine come on through the storm of missiles and as Ral'tan turned to block its massive claws with his stormshield a traitor marine struck a weakspot in the back of his armour, felling him. His distraction almost cost him his life as Angmar the Almighty stormed through his unit, sending marines flying with his juggernaughts devestating charge. A savage axe blow caught him in the shoulder, putting him down. As he looked around he knew there was nothing they could do, he activated his teleport beacon and him and the incapacitated Ral'tan were teleported from the field. Sergeant Janik leading a doomed rear guard to allow his 'Trophy Takers' to escape for later thunderhawk extraction.

The surviving trophy takers even claiming in the aftermath of the battle that they witnessed Angmar become a mighty daemon in reward for his victory.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Arguleon-veq

Game 2:

Well after that heavy loss I thought I should give another list a try;

Herald of Khorne: Chariot
5 Plague Bearers: Icon
5 Plague Bearers:
8 Screamers:
6 Flamers
:

Angmar roared in frustration, his gods had forsaken him. Rather than grant him daemonhood for his victory they meant to add his skull to the tally. As a mighty champion of khorne burst into reality atop a chariot forged of daemonic iron and issued him a challenge. He screamed his acceptance and ordered his warriors to him as foul screamers swooped overhead. What follower of Khorne was this that would ally with the daemons of the weakling master of fates. He would prove his devotion with the head of this so called champion.

Skulls for the skull throne!

3 Objectives
Dawn of War

Turn1:

I got the warlord trait that gave my herald an extra VP for every character killed. I would be going first and Mkoll clustered his army together so nothing could be isolated.

I got my preferred wave 1 which was my herald, screamers and icon unit, i dropped them all well away from the enemy and the bearers ran to take an objective.

The khorne force moved towards me.

Turn2:

I get my second plague bearer unit and dropped it well away from any possible action. My screamers swoop towards the mauler but i only just make my charge. They easily destroy it but are now at the mercy of 14 bezerkers, I figure its a sacrifice worth making as they should kill at least half of them and they were the only things I had that could kill the mauler.

The 14 zerkers mve on my 8 screamers whilst angmar charges my herald.

The 14 zerkers do great and i roll pretty badly, killing only 3 bezerkers for the loss of every screamer.

In the challenge I do two wounds to Angmar for the loss of 1.

Turn3:

My flamers arrive ready to start to burn bezerkers next turn whilst both plague bearer units take objectives.

In combat  I wound Angmar again for no lost wounds in return.

The zerkers knowing they cant afford to be out in the open this turn with the flamers around charge into the challenge to give the lord some re rolls with their numbers.

I lose a wound this round and angmar loses 0.

Turn4:

The flamers move up ready to deal with anything that comes out of the combat. My herald finally cuts down Angmar.

In Mkolls turn he then cuts down a zerker champ.

Turn5:

The herald kills the last champ.

The zerkers take my herald down to 1 wound and the game ends.

Result: Daemons win 12-0! [4 from my Herald thanks to warlord and his own warlord trait]
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

Neat games!
It is always good to see short but sweet games, as it seems to be so much more tactical.
Why do you think that the Wolves seemed to take such a beating in the first game?

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Arguleon-veq

I think it was a mix of some bezerkers getting to infiltrate and then the mauler exploding and killing 4 out of 5 in my second scoring unit. I tend to sacrifice my big squad to do some damage and hold up the opponent whilst my long range fire power cleans up then finishes whatever killed the bigger unit which leaves me a scoring on an objective but with those 4 dying in the explosion then the last guy dying to his plasmagun overheating it left me with nothing. Without that explosion I figure Id kill the Khorne Lord, have one objective each and at least get a draw with the chance of my unit killing the last few bezerkers on his objective.

Thats what makes these small games so fun though, something small like that turns the whole game.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33