News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Revival

Started by Hospital is Fun, January 25, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hospital is Fun

Hiya. I've been out of the hobby for quite a long time and have recently decided I want to be involved once again. I have played 40k, Fantasy and LotR but for now will be starting with 40k. Predominantly, I have collected Space Marines and Eldar, but I'm moving away from the light side and will probably start up with some Orks. This also means that all my old bits and models will be hitting eBay, since I want to do this properly with a fresh start.

As well as Warhammer, I have a large interest in art and design. I have a full time job but I also do freelance art and graphic design work, as well as similar things that can be done in Photoshop. I'm currently working on putting together a complete portfolio and creating a website.

I guess that's enough for now.

Narric

Greetings HiF :P

There are definitely some Green skinned players hanging around, so I'm sure you'll be able to ask for their advice on how to win with them Orks.

If you're wanting to sell your stuff, why not post up what you have in the Trading board? I've tried selling stuff through eBay in the past, and its honestly not worth the insertion fees. Better to find people directly and organise it privately.

Before I lose your attention, make sure you have a quick read through of our Forum Rules. I'm sure you're a perfectly reasonable Wargamer & Person, but if this is your first forum, then it can't hurt to familiarize yourself with the rules ;)

I'm a hobbyist artist myself. Do you have a DA account or similar you could link?

Hope you enjoy your stay here. ^_^

Hospital is Fun

Thanks for the welcome Narric.

Just been doing a bit of reading and I get the impression this place has died a bit? I remember Tau Online from a long time ago and it took some digging to realise you'd all moved here, although I've long forgotten my username and most other people's. I was just a lurker really, but it's time to get this place active again!

I'll take a look at the trading board, thanks. Although I would only be interested in money for what I want to get rid of, so eBay is probably the way to go for me. I have other things like Bionicles from years ago that I want to sell.

Haha, I'm on Heresy-Online as well, but I don't think their layout is particularly good. I'm aware of how forums work and suchlike.

I had a small dA account but never really did much with it. I will be getting a new one started up when I finally get around finalising everything else. What's yours?

Narric

We were never quite the same after the exodus from TO. We hear from active TO Members that its pretty much an unmoderated forum focused on Tau. That isn't to say we're completely dead. A few still collect Warhammer and others have moved onto other wargames yet still share here. I still play 40k, but for the most part I try and use non-gw models and miniatures for my armies.

I'm sure I'd have remembered an avatar like that, but its good to hear people can still find there way over from TO.

I'm sure people could find use for some Bionicle parts :) Heck i remember a Tau titan back ye olde TO that had a skeleton of the old Bionicle models. With the current model output of GW, I'm sure Bionicle parts can be used comfortably for something 40k XD

My DA is http://narric-sb0.deviantart.com/ ;)

Mabbz

Welcome to 2S! Always good to see a returning member. I have no idea who you are, but TO was a long time ago and I was mostly a lurker too.

Quote from: Hospital is Fun on January 25, 2014, 10:44:19 PMAs well as Warhammer, I have a large interest in art and design. I have a full time job but I also do freelance art and graphic design work, as well as similar things that can be done in Photoshop. I'm currently working on putting together a complete portfolio and creating a website.
Art and graphic design you say... with no ulterior motive whatsoever :shifty:, I would like to ask if you would be capable of making cover art for a fan-made 40k supplement? No reason, just curious.

Hospital is Fun

Quote from: Narric on January 25, 2014, 11:16:57 PM
We were never quite the same after the exodus from TO. We hear from active TO Members that its pretty much an unmoderated forum focused on Tau. That isn't to say we're completely dead. A few still collect Warhammer and others have moved onto other wargames yet still share here. I still play 40k, but for the most part I try and use non-gw models and miniatures for my armies.

I'm sure I'd have remembered an avatar like that, but its good to hear people can still find there way over from TO.

I'm sure people could find use for some Bionicle parts :) Heck i remember a Tau titan back ye olde TO that had a skeleton of the old Bionicle models. With the current model output of GW, I'm sure Bionicle parts can be used comfortably for something 40k XD

My DA is http://narric-sb0.deviantart.com/ ;)

Why do you use non-GW models? I intend to buy from Firestorm Games, Gifts for Geeks and Bits n Kits. Then for paints I guess I'll try Vallejo? I need to get new modelling equipment and paints if you have any recommendations. I took a look at GW's website and all the new paints are so confusing! I remember the good old days where there was just one large collection.

I never used this avatar previously, so you wouldn't remember it aha.

I'll get everything together and see what's about. If anyone in the trading board needs something I have then sweet, otherwise I'll just go to eBay. I can send the stuff through work as well.

Nice, I'll follow you when I get around to making a new account.

Quote from: Mabbz on January 26, 2014, 01:25:27 AM
Welcome to 2S! Always good to see a returning member. I have no idea who you are, but TO was a long time ago and I was mostly a lurker too.

Quote from: Hospital is Fun on January 25, 2014, 10:44:19 PMAs well as Warhammer, I have a large interest in art and design. I have a full time job but I also do freelance art and graphic design work, as well as similar things that can be done in Photoshop. I'm currently working on putting together a complete portfolio and creating a website.
Art and graphic design you say... with no ulterior motive whatsoever :shifty:, I would like to ask if you would be capable of making cover art for a fan-made 40k supplement? No reason, just curious.

Thanks mate. I am capable, if you can give me more details of what you'd like. Drop me a PM?

Edit: Is there some kind of bug? I chose my forum rank to be Orks. It still says it is Orks but clearly hasn't worked. I also tried to look at the different themes but they didn't change.

Narric

Quote from: Hospital is Fun on January 26, 2014, 03:06:43 PM
Why do you use non-GW models? I intend to buy from Firestorm Games, Gifts for Geeks and Bits n Kits. Then for paints I guess I'll try Vallejo? I need to get new modelling equipment and paints if you have any recommendations. I took a look at GW's website and all the new paints are so confusing! I remember the good old days where there was just one large collection.

I never used this avatar previously, so you wouldn't remember it aha.

I'll get everything together and see what's about. If anyone in the trading board needs something I have then sweet, otherwise I'll just go to eBay. I can send the stuff through work as well.

Nice, I'll follow you when I get around to making a new account.
Anvil Industry Exo-Lords and Black Ops models make great stand ins for Space Marines, while the A.R.C Drones make great Imperial Guard. I could PM you some Miniature websties, as they have some awesome stuff you could use ;)

Look forward to seeing what you have for sale ;)

With regards to the Forum rank system.

That is a very old and very likely broken piece of the forum. It unfortunately won't work. It nice to have it set your army of choice however, as other members can see it when they view your profile, so it can act as a flag for which Faction you're currently focusing on. ;)

The Allfather

Welcome aboard!

I'm sort of trying to get back in as well, but probably won't until I move somewhere with more active fellow hobby people.

Hospital is Fun

Sure mate, send some info over. Shame about the ranking system but it's no big deal. So how many regular members/mods are about these days?

Quote from: The Allfather on January 26, 2014, 07:30:15 PM
Welcome aboard!

I'm sort of trying to get back in as well, but probably won't until I move somewhere with more active fellow hobby people.

Thanks mate. For the most part I'll only be active in the hobby side of things with painting and modelling, although I have just found out someone who is just getting into the hobby lives near me so that's promising at least.

Mabbz

Thanks mate. I am capable, if you can give me more details of what you'd like. Drop me a PM?
PM dropped. If you can help me, then you have my thanks  ;)

On an unrelated note, I have to ask. What made you choose the name "Hospital is Fun"? Sorry, it just seems like a really weird choice  :-\

Hospital is Fun

Quote from: Mabbz on January 26, 2014, 10:21:14 PM

PM dropped. If you can help me, then you have my thanks  ;)

On an unrelated note, I have to ask. What made you choose the name "Hospital is Fun"? Sorry, it just seems like a really weird choice  :-\

That's a fair question. I used to be in and out of hospital all the time with diabetic related issues. Been through intensive care before, saw somebody die, all that shit. I haven't been in hospital for just over a year and having the twisted mind that I do I make a joke of it.