News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Mass Effect: The Council RPG (Roleplay)

Started by Rarity Declis, June 01, 2012, 09:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

The Matriarch addressed the Spectre.

"Canditate Harukis work was indeed exemplary. I have a task for her. She is to discover who is behind the attack on Thessia. Once this information is discovered we will be able to act accordingly."

She thought for a moment.

"I have nothing specific in mind for T'Sunde. If you feel she is capable, I would place her under your direct command until this battle is won. Unless my fellow council members have another use for her? As for you Maria. I would be my choice that you be made the Commander of the Citadel Fleet in an official capacity. A ship can be assigned to you if you wish it. You have proven yourself to be a fine military commander and you deserve to be rewarded as such. You will maintain your duties as a Spectre, going where the council needs you, secretly and silently, but you would have the resources of a Battle Group at your disposal if they are not being used for any other purpose.

What do the rest of the council think?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Rarity Declis

TURN 4:

The War of Janiri:

On the Ground:

Candidate T'sunde held the Asari, Quarians and Geth forces together as they stood before the numerically greater forces before them. Although many lost their lives, the Asari and Geth held the lines before the Quarians in all areas suddenly charged forwards. Although nearly a third of them died, they managed to finish off the Krogan on the moon once and for all.

Although this was a victory for the Council Forces, few on the ground could deny that the Quarians, particularly Admiral Eva'din who led the vanguard, had won this battle for the Asari.

However, in the darkness of the moon, the Asari took great care in capturing any mercernaries still alive, and killing those too weak for capture. Some Quarians who joined them on such tours began to feel uncomfortable around them, and after a few days, the Asari and the Quarians exchanged barely a word.

Admiral Eva'din praised the actions of Candidate T'sunde greatly, however.

In Space:

Here, the Quarians took charge in the absence of Spectre Maria, and proceeded to block off escape for the enemy forces. The First Quarian Fleet in particular worked hard with the Geth and proceeded to gut the enemy Fleet. The fleeing remains of the enemy Fleet were then hunted down and destroyed, despite pleas for mercy, by the Asari.

Both the Quarians and Geth in that battle regard the Asari as blood thirsty, and old legends of murderous Asari that feed off murder began to rise among their ranks, though none dared to say such to their face. Still, the rumours spread, even at the Citadel.

The Battle Against the Rachni:

As Taskforce 1 and the Geth 2nd Fleet fought tirelessly against the Rachni, the force was weaker due to the loss of Geth-Commander, now being considered for Spectre status.

However, due to Commander Stephens of the Cerberus Taskforce working well with the Geth, over half of the Rachni force was destroyed. As the Rachni choose to fall back, the 1st Council Fleet arrived through the Mass Relay and destroyed what remained of the Rachni forces.

It is said that the crews of both the Geth and Cerberus exchanged tokens of gratitude, and now feel somewhat bonded. (+1 bonus when these Fleets fight together).

A Turian Fleet has arrived on the outskirts of the Citadel. Not responding to hails, nor attacking, and has remained out of attack range and has shown no signs of planning an attack. Different designations to the Mercernary Fleet.

The Man They Call Jayne

The Matriarch sat in the council chambers reading the reports of the battle. They had won, at great cost.

Now to deal with the issues at hand.

"Quarian, I and the rest of my people offer you our gratitude for your assistance, we are indeed indebted to you. However I have here rather worrying reports that claim your people would not work with us on the clean up operations? I trust there is a reason for this? A battle is not won just because the enemy is beaten."

"Commander Stevens. . .We found one of your men in our shipyards. A spy. Can you explain this? Are you not our allies? Perhaps you seek to distabilise the Asari? Your spy will not be returned, and further infiltrators that are discovered will be executed. We do not tolerate such behaviour, nor do we practice it. This is a warning to everyone present. An unprovoked attack was made on my homeworld, and we are seeking the people behind it, we cannot allow spies in our midst."

Mabbz

"With respect, Matriarch, you should be grateful it was only a spy. We were the target of an assassination attempt. The would-be assassin we captured was human, although we cannot divulge any knowledge of who sent him due to the ongoing nature of this investigation. Nevertheless we advise all races to increase their security, in case we are not the only council member to be targeted."

The Man They Call Jayne

"I was unaware of your situation Geth. Be assured that security will be getting much much tighter very soon."

Will's on Fire

"Matriarch, bloodthirsty methods appear to have appeared across your front lines. This is not something we feel comfortable supporting. However we will continue to support you as much as we can. We do however, feel that if your bloodthirsty methods continue we will have to do what we can to prevent this diabolical behaviour. We have reports of your warriors becoming feral. In fact, one admiral wishes you to be suspended as a councillor. For now we feel this is unneeded but should it continue..."

"Geth, we have a similar problem. We have a salarian and a human spy. We find this poor judgement on their behalf and feel we should do something to demonstrate to them our displeasure. As for us, we feel through this act we may have gained your confidence and allow us to at least have a joint settlement of our planet Rannoch. Our population is growing too large for ships. Maybe we could push this through?"

"In all, I believe the Illusive man needs to step forward and explain this to us, especially why he should still be on the council!"

Then finally, he turned to the spectre: "I would like to put Admiral Eva'din forward as a spectre."

The Man They Call Jayne

"The Asari Warriors are doing little more than getting revenge on an enemy that tried to bring us to extinction. Do not forget that the Asari have been fighting before your species was even walking. We have done it all. We moved past the need for such methods centuries ago, but we have not been threatened like this in an equally long time. Tell me you would not defend you people with every fibre of your being under such circumstances. We took as many prisoner as we could for interrogation. Those that were too badly wounded were put out of their misery. We do not have the resources to heal so many mercinaries nor the inclination."

Mabbz

"The assassin was human; that does not necessarily mean he was working for Cerberus. We are not ruling out any race as possible culprits as of yet. As for the settlement of Rannoch, you part in the battle was more than adequate to gain our trust on the matter. You may begin returning you population to Rannoch whenever you are ready, although we must point out that Rannoch is unlikely to be able to support you entire race in addition to us. Many Quarians will have to remain on their ships."

Will's on Fire

"I bid you to realise that I did in fact realise that, and we did in fact through our ENTIRE population at this. We risked everything to help you, if something went wrong then we could have been caused severe damages. By becoming "feral" you risked all, seemingly throwing tactics and careful planning to the ground and launching out after the mercenaries. Maybe you should stay restrained and bare in mind consequences that could be caused by such actions."

Turning to the Geth, "Ours, once more was a ceberus spy. I find this insulting to our race. I wish to raise a suspension from the council for the Illusive man until he explains this. As for the settlement, we find this a happy compromise and will begin landing some of our population as soon as possible. We thank you for this."

Rarity Declis

Commander Stephen's hologram flickered hesitantly, her eyes flicking to the Illusive Man's chair.

"Mam, I am but a humble soldier. What wiser heads than I do is up to them. I'm just here to talk about the Rachni Front."

Maria chuckled at the Quarian. "First, you demand that the Matriarch step down. Then you demand the Illusive Man step down. Do you plan that the Geth should rule all of us? Younger races are truly foolish." She shook her head.

After a moment, she did stop chuckling and consider the Quarian sternly. "However, the Quarians have fought bravely, and I trusted Eva'din with the Fleet over Janiri." She turned back to the Council. "She is a good commander, quick-witted and brave, unafraid to do things that need to be done. If the Council is willing to accept, we shall allow Eva'din a spot in Candidacy. It would be unorthodox for such a new Council race to suddenly have a Spectre, but the Quarians have done well."

She looked to the Council. She had returned with the Fleet as soon as possible. "I, as ever, serve the Council as the voice of the Spectres. Candidate Haruki has been given a Destroyer-Class vessel from my Fleet to investigate who is behind the Mercenaries. Candidate T'sunde is currently in command of ground forces on Janiri, and is handling the... questioning... of the survivors. Finally, we have the Geth Candidate, who remains without a task."

"I ask the Council what I am to do. I do not believe the Rachni threat to be finished, Councillors, nor can we forget that in the near future a Fleet shall be engaging the Citadel." A hologram showing the Citadel and the Turian Fleet outside was shown.

"Which brings us to this. A Fleet of not inconsiderable strength has shown up on our doorstep, said not a word, and refuses to attack nor leave. Shall we leave them? I cannot, in good conscience, lead the First Council Fleet elsewhere until they are dealt with. However, I do not suggest an attack. If they were going to attack, they would do so by now. Perhaps they are waiting for reinforcements?"

Maria then tapped a few notes on her pad. "An assassination attempt on any Councillor worries me." She turned her purple eyes on the Speaker. "Councillor, why you? The Geth are seen universally as a peaceful presence, well respected and loved. The Illusive Man I can see being assassinated for his attitude, and the Asari are strong and therefore seen as threatening." She leaned forwards. "Any thoughts, Councillor?"

El ShasOcho

The Salarian Diplomat stepped forward.

"If the council wishes, the Salarians will investigate into this assassination affair. We can put our intelligence teams to work on finding the root of this. Would that please the council?"

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Will's on Fire

"If your "intelligence teams" are as dim witted as your spy we caught I don't think it would be of much use."

The Quarian turned back tot he Spectre. "Thank you for that, it will be a great honour for Eva'din."

The Man They Call Jayne

"Might I suggest that the Geth candidate discover the reasons behind the attempted assassination? It will not be easy, and would show us if he has the skills to be a Spectre."

"As for this new fleet, the First Council Fleet shall remain at Citadel in its defence. We should do nothing to provoke them untill we know more, and are better prepared for any kind of attack."

Mabbz

The Speaker turned to the creator. "Admiral, must you insult every council race? We know that these spies must be aggravating, but you must admit that the council races have good reason to want keep an eye on you, at least for a while. The only reason the Geth haven't got any spies assigned to you race is because they are busy with our own investigations."

Without waiting for a reply, the Speaker turned to the Matriarch. "Your suggestion of having the Geth candidate lead the investigation is a good one. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions we shall do so."

Finally, the Speaker glanced at the Salarian diplomat. "Thank you for your offer, but we cannot currently rule out the possibility that the Salarians were behind the assassination attempt, in which case putting you in charge of the investigation would be a mistake."

El ShasOcho

The Salarian looked at the Quarian with a mixture of confusion and amusement. "I must say I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about."

Turning to the Geth he said, "I understand your issue with this. Rest assured the Salarians have nothing to do with this outrage, however if you wish to take care of issues yourself that is understandable."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in