News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Warlords 2014 [Rules]

Started by Narric, January 01, 2014, 05:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Lets start 2014 with a bang, and a voice of Authority.

Dates:
- Entries can be submitted via a PM to Narric (Me) from January 1st until February  20th.
- Voting will take place from February 21st until February 27th.
- Winners shall be announced on February 28th.

Prizes:
Currently 1st place winners will recieve a set of lovely dice. Physical Prizes are a possibilty and shall be negotiated soon.

Along with Physical prizes, Award Seals will also be granted to the Top 3 Entrants.

And here is a picture of the Custom Second Sphere Dice up for grabs;

Rules:
- The Warlord may not be a named Special Character.
- The model(s) must be Game-legal.
- Transports do not need to be included, unless explicitly sated otherwise by Codex/Army Book/Rule Book/etc...
- Up to three pictures may be submitted for the entry. You are limited to 800 x 600 pixels for picture dimensions. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you're not used to picture editing.
- Depending on numbers, Voting may be split in Master and Novice tiers.
- All Models must be fully Painted.

silverfuge

Would it better to combine this with the special character one?
Gm is God

Narric

Quote from: silverfuge on January 01, 2014, 10:34:13 PM
Would it better to combine this with the special character one?
I decided to make them seperate, as not every Special Character is a HQ Choice in 40k, and some game systems such as Infinity don't have distinct categories for models to fall into like 40Ks' FOC but still have named characters.

Also, some people may choose to use a SC figure, and only paint it, whilst a Warlord model of a persons own design would be much more unique.

However, if someone was to create a model that can be used to represent a Special Character, but also a "Pick-&-Choose" Warlord, they can choose which contest the model goes into.

Of course, no one may enter the same model into both, and I will be keeping track of that ;)

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Does fully painted include painted and/or flocked bases? Some people never worry about bases and others believe it's a requisite (and could therefore not enter the contest) so i think clarification is good.

Also i should be able to enter :D
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Narric

In my mind,the model itself being painted is the minimum. While the model should still be on a base, there is no need for it to have any additional detail like flock and sand :)

Jonagon

Well I'm working on a warlord for a comp which has the same deadline by chance, but it won't be game legal since I've ended up turning it more into a diorama.  ::)

It'll probably be thrown out of that comp too for having more than one mini on the base, but i'm doing it anyway :p.

In short, I'm busy with that so won't be entering. :p

Good luck all!

Narric

If we can't except it into this contest, I'm sure we can put together a Diorama Contest in future, so your efforts are not in vain :)

Will's on Fire

I think I have something for this.

- Will

CoffeeGrunt

I'm aiming to get O'Vorcah completed and ready for submission within the next week or two!
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

My backup entry is just awaiting paint, but weather is putting a halt on that :(

My primary entry is still a work in progress :P He's going to be imposing, is all I can say XD

Osiris

May I enter a picture of myself in the gear of a warlord? o.O

And if not a picture of myself, can I submit a picture of a voluptuous model in warlord gear? :D
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Narric

If it can be used as a legal miniature in a wargame, then yes :P

CoffeeGrunt

He's proxying an Imperator Titan as himself...
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on February 01, 2014, 12:19:34 AM
He's proxying an Imperator Titan as himself...
Hmmm.....

I'm afraid we can't except entries with partial or total use of organic material.

Narric

Reminder that Entries for this contest close on February 20th.