News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Eastward, Unto Dawn [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper

Prae'tor scanned the area, looking for some hint of what had happened. The attackers had ben ferocious and by the looks of things, quite thorough.

'Personally, I think we should wait here for a few days. Clean up this mess, rest and look for any other clues. Then we should follow them.'

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Vyper on May 02, 2012, 06:50:16 PM
'Personally, I think we should wait here for a few days. Clean up this mess, rest and look for any other clues. Then we should follow them.'
"A few days? Here? Are you out of your mind? A few days is more than enough time for their trail to be hidden even better than it is already. We'd never find out where those responsible have gone."
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

"I agree with the Thief. A few days and they will be gone. Also, soon it will not just be the carrion birds looking for food. The smell of death travels far across the desert, and other, larger creatures may come looking for a bite to eat, creatures that are not impartial to hunting their prey."

Salman examined the flesh of one of the burnt dead. Salman had become rather adept and telling the cause of burns, be it burning arrows, fire from a burning tent, oil and flame, especially magickal flame, as he had many encounters with that. What type of burns were these?

[OOC] Rav could you Identify the type of burn that is present? I am sort of assuming Salman could identify it, but you can roll for it if you want.[/OOC]

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Vyper

'You have obviously never met a true hunter before. I could track you blind folded. Besides we know not what foul sorceries surround these 'things'. If we get to close they could learn of our presence.  Maybe days was not a wise choice, but by no means should we follow them immediately.'

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Vyper on May 02, 2012, 07:09:45 PM
'You have obviously never met a true hunter before. I could track you blind folded. Besides we know not what foul sorceries surround these 'things'. If we get to close they could learn of our presence.  Maybe days was not a wise choice, but by no means should we follow them immediately.'

"A day max would seem more sensible. I imagine whatever did this will be long gone in 2 or 3 days."

Railgun Convention

As the rest of the party bickered over when they should leave, the Lion spent a while watching the sky, trying to discern what effects the weather would introduce to the tracking...
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Vyper on May 02, 2012, 07:09:45 PM
"Me? Perhaps, though it would not be so easy as you think. If you're so confident in your abilities though, why haven't you found any tracks of whatever did this yet?

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Vyper

'Tracks are not the only evidence a creature leaves. Look at the way the area has been destroyed. It was a methodical slaughter, they left the same direction that they entered. Ask Farooq. We go south.'

The Man They Call Jayne

Farooq emerged from one of the dwelling munching on a fruit he had found.

"Rather than bicker about who is the more skilled practitioner, perhaps those of you who are inclined to tracking should just get on with it, those of you who are are good with healing can look over the bodies and see if we can learn what we may come up against, and the theif can make himself useful and see if he can open any locked doors or boxes so that we might gather more information. The rest of you can amuse yourselves, build a pyre for these bodies or just stand guard.

Staying here overnight is far from ideal, we can still cover a good few leagues before night fall after we have finished up here."

With that the hashishim slipped silently into the next dwelling and began to search again.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Railgun Convention

"I don't exactly see the need for burning burnt corpses," White Lion quipped. "Regardless, we'd better get on with it. Make sure we know how each one died, though - we don't want to destroy any clues."
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Will's on Fire

Zaag had been staring intently at a collection footprints in the sand for some time.

"Look here, there are the normal footprints you'd expect from the people living here, and working from the depth of the footprints in certain areas of the foot, you can see they were running. These people were not expecting this attack. But that we already knew. The interesting bit are the other prints. They don't seem to be anything I'd normally expect to see."

He looked around at the others. "Does anyone else recognise these as something you've seen before?".

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"I didn't claim to be a practised tracker. I can hunt beasts, this does not look like the work of beasts. I was simply pointing out that spending any time more than necessary here would be a complete waste. They're not exactly about to come back because they forgot their sandwiches. It may have been methodical, but anyone with sense enough for that would not leave by the route they came. It's too obvious, too predictable."

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Vyper

'There is a small wooded area about 6 leagues south of here. If these murderers have kept that direction, then I recommend we head there, set up camp and leave at first light tomorrow.'

And with this Prae'tor moved to the southern edge of the encampment to see if he could gain any more useful knowledge of the assailants.

El ShasOcho

"I can take care of the burning, its a bit of a specialty of mine. That is, unless, anyone feels it should be non-magical fire?" Salman said, snapping his fingers and producing a red flame.

He turned to Farooq. "Hashishim, tell us everything you saw of these mysterious dark warriors. How many were there? How fast did they move? Did they appear to be just raiders, or was did they look like a tribe, with cattle, women and children?"

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Mabbz

"I see little to be gained by waiting here for longer than it takes to examine the area and burn the corpses, if you must. I doubt you'll need my help for that, since I am no tracker and my healing magic isn't backed up by any great store of medical knowledge. If you need me, I'll be searching for any supplies, or items of value."