News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Vehicles in combat and Fletchette discharger

Started by Grunt90, July 21, 2012, 02:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt90

Ok, so now with 6th edition, you take casualties away from the front in close combat and shooting. If say ten orks attacked my hammerhead, and five moved within base contact and the other five stayed about an inch away, and my Fletchettes popped and killed all five orks in base to base contact, does my vehicle still count in combat and do the other orks now about 1 or more inches away get to attack?

Grunt90

Actually, just think I answered my own question but if anyone has wondered the same, in the fighting close combat step there is the pile in step where on the initiative step of the model(s), they make a pile in move up to 3 inches. Since they should at max be two inches away from the initial charge, they'll always be moving into base contact. But that raises another question, do these new models now take fletchette hits too?

IMO, I would say yes, because it states that any model will be wounded on a 4+, before resolving any attacks. since you resolve attacks by initiative step, I feel that each initiative step the fletchettes would go off.

For example, say two space marines and a sergeant with a power fist assault my hammer head. The two marines get in B2B, while the sarge is 1 inch away. Lets say I get lucky and wound both marines, and then they both die. They don't even really need to die honestly but the real threat is the Powerfist. but so far Fletchette has popped off once. Now, the sarge at Initiative step 1 goes, and does his pile in move bringing himself into B2B contact (He has to do this as the rules state. THis is assuming there is enough room for him to get into contact, but i'm assuming there is since this is a very wide tank they are attacking) Now, since he moved up and is now in B2B, the fletchettes fire off again, with a chance of killing him.

Seems like Fletchette dischargers are pretty sweet with the new assault rules forcing models who have the chance to get into Base contact. No holding back 2 inches to swing that deadly can opener weapon.