News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Nob bikers: a few questions

Started by El ShasOcho, July 25, 2012, 01:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El ShasOcho

Hello folks,

I am planning on adding some nob bikers to my army. A couple questions that I have first:

How do people generally model them? I assume regular bikers with non heads and bodies, but just making sure.

What are the best load outs and unit size for these guys? I would plan on running a warboss in the unit and probably 5 bikers, since it would be 2 3 man boxes.

Any other advice regarding them?

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Painboy is a must. Cybork is optional, but useful against Power Weapons and Heavy Flamers.

I'd take at least half of them with Klaws, but some Slugga and Choppas is good for crowd control. Big Choppas aren't bad either as they can get some S7 I4 hits on a vehicle or high toughness targets.

If you're including a warboss I'd definately look at a Waaagh! Banner. Means your whole squad hits marines on 3+, and the warboss hits captains on 3+.

For modelling, use Nob arms and heads on the normal bodies and legs. The Nobs box has so many spare arm and head sprues it's hilarious - and the Ork Boy sprue has a few too.

Zambia
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Lord Zambia on July 25, 2012, 02:54:25 AM
Painboy is a must. Cybork is optional, but useful against Power Weapons and Heavy Flamers.

I'd take at least half of them with Klaws, but some Slugga and Choppas is good for crowd control. Big Choppas aren't bad either as they can get some S7 I4 hits on a vehicle or high toughness targets.

If you're including a warboss I'd definately look at a Waaagh! Banner. Means your whole squad hits marines on 3+, and the warboss hits captains on 3+.

For modelling, use Nob arms and heads on the normal bodies and legs. The Nobs box has so many spare arm and head sprues it's hilarious - and the Ork Boy sprue has a few too.

Zambia

Agreed. Of course if you have the money, you can always go for the Forgeworld Nob Bikers as they are quite proportionally larger than the normal bikers. The painboy will be the toughest guy to model, but as an Ork player I say go bonkers with the conversion.

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Also as an addition, I'd kit out the bikes so they look like they belong to Nobs. A Nob's bike is his pride and joy just as a Warboss's battlewagon - so have each one unique and with its own trophies! (Makes me want to model some up now...)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

BigToof

The wonderful thing about bikes is that they are fully customizable.  I made Ork-Jetbikes using the Deffkoptas for my Nob Bikers, the Big Five.  I'd also recommend trying to figure out what you want each member to be outfitted with before modeling  Or just use magnets extensively.  It'll save you a lot of hassle.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Khanaris

It depends a little on what the rest of the army looks like.  If you have regular warbikers it is easier to get away with doing light conversion.  Since mine are in a biker army, I had to do a lot more.  I have three of the Forge World bikes.  The other eight were converted from Space Marine and Space Marine Scout bikes.  I think one or two might have had a regular warbike in there somewhere, but they are all heavily converted.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/144033-.html?m=2

I also stuck them on bigger bases.