News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

FAQs: More frequent and soon?

Started by BigToof, July 31, 2012, 06:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Hi All,
Just another rumour being reported, but it looks like the next batch of FAQs will be in September sometime, probably around when the starter set comes out.

Also, in a less confirmable state, it seems that FAQs in general will be more frequent and made to address issues that pop up as GW hears about it.

It's not that revolutionary, as Privateer Press does something similar, but with the new updates to Codexes via White Dwarf, it's certainly a way to keep everyone interested in the hobby between big releases.

Anyway, please discuss!  :)

Best,
-BT

P.S.  I'm still hoping for AP2 Huskblades and skyfire!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on July 31, 2012, 06:52:47 PM
P.S.  I'm still hoping for AP2 Huskblades and skyfire!

As for that....

via quilava1
Today I attended Games Day Chicago and had a chance to chat with Phil Kelly himself. I mentioned to him my sadness at the lack of a power fist, as our anti-termie combat weapons are limited to the demiklaives. He started to ask me why I just didn't use a huskblade, but stopped himself mid-sentance. A few minutes later, he told me that a new FAQ was on the way. Finally GW has listened to our pleas and brought the feared terminator down a rung in the ladder of brokenness. Almost asked him about Chaos Marines, but decided not to. Would have loved to see his reaction though

So I guess this is somewhat what you wished for Bigtoof.

BigToof

I really, really hope that the individual Codex writers can get some input.
I feel that a lot of changes were initially made just to iron out the basic rules, but we lost a lot of the flavor that was in the Codexes.

In a way the Daemon update actually gives me hope, as it really buffed two units that were either mediocre (screamers) or overcosted (flamers) while also introducing new units.

It could be a way to breathe new life into codexes that aren't going to see updates any time soon (Black Templars, Eldar, Orks, Tau).

I think it's a good trend and hope to see it continue.

Now if only they could adjust the costs for Vendettas, TH/SS and Purifiers...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on August 01, 2012, 04:39:40 PM
I really, really hope that the individual Codex writers can get some input.
I feel that a lot of changes were initially made just to iron out the basic rules, but we lost a lot of the flavor that was in the Codexes.

In a way the Daemon update actually gives me hope, as it really buffed two units that were either mediocre (screamers) or overcosted (flamers) while also introducing new units.

It could be a way to breathe new life into codexes that aren't going to see updates any time soon (Black Templars, Eldar, Orks, Tau).

I think it's a good trend and hope to see it continue.

Agreed on all parts, and also it would allow mini-armies to be fielded as allies as well. Makes WD worthwhile again like the good o' days.

Now if only they could adjust the costs for Vendettas, TH/SS and Purifiers...

:P

The Architect of Change (FT)

Certainly looks like they have changed their tune regarding the faqs although for how long we can only guess at. They may return to the old on more faq line once the tide of comments and questions abate and they think that all the bugs are out of the system

crisis_vyper

From the way the Daemons update works, it is safe to assume that all the other books will have their own little updates that would mitigate the "old codex" syndrome to an extent.