News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Built in weapons and weapon destroyed results

Started by Will's on Fire, August 03, 2012, 12:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will's on Fire

This is probably covered somewhere and I've missed it, but I've looked through a few times and can't find it.

When you get a weapon destroyed result on a Dreadnought, do you randomise between the two arms and the built in weapons are removed with the arm, or do you roll individually for each weapon, therefore with a chance of only taking out the built in weapon?

Cheers,

- Will

knightperson

I believe it would be per arm. Based on the Soul Grinder, which is the rules I'm more familiar with, doesn't it say something like "heavy flamer built into the CCW"? If so, then when you lost the CCW you also lose the built-in weapon. The Soul Grinder is like that. When you take a Weapon Destroyed result on one of those monstrosities, you lose either the right arm with it's integrated harvester (6-shot bolter), the mawcannon with all its firing modes, or the left arm with its CCW.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Sorck

Just as, with an APOC co-axial weapon, you would only count the 'main' weapon when randomising for damage. Destroying the main weapon takes out the co-axial one as well.

Basically if a weapon would used to have gotten destroyed when a different weapon was, ignore it when randomly selecting the damaged weapon. (and therefore destroy both at the same time if the main is destroyed.

Am I making sense? Knightperson may have made more sense than me. :P

Matt1785

I have never seen it played any other way then to remove an arm.  Two weapons destroyed results and Dreads are armless... or as many arms as they have I suppose... but I guess I don't see anything in the rules for it specifically.

Will's on Fire

Cheers guys, thats the way I've always played it, but someone was arguing differently and I couldn't find anything other than the rules of logic that it would work like that.

It's times like these when MT's old sig quote about the woodchipper comes to mind. :P

- Will

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Lucky the orks are smart enough not to put more than 1 weapon per arm on their deff dreads :D
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

InsaneTD

That's the ways it's been for as long as I can remember. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the wording was vague and open to silly ways of interpting it. Or the other player didn't read the rule propwrly. Which is probably more likely.