News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Site not remembering password

Started by Wargamer, May 30, 2013, 12:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

For some reason the site won't keep my login details remembered. When I close the browser I'll be logged out again even if I set my login details to "forever".
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

InsaneTD

Try clicking on a link on the page and see what happens. It logs me in when I do that.

Sorck

Do you have the same issue on other sites?

Wargamer

Yes, it seems clicking a link fixes it...

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Sorck

Quote from: Wargamer on May 30, 2013, 01:59:59 PM
Yes, it seems clicking a link fixes it...
If the problem occurs again could you copy the URL from the URL bar at the top of the page before navigating to one of the links? It could be useful in diagnosing the issue.

Wargamer

Sorck

Quote from: Wargamer on May 30, 2013, 06:29:12 PM
Had my home set to http://www.secondsphere.org/index.php. I changed it to http://secondsphere.org and the problem went away. :)

Cookies and their domains... a world of pain.

secondsphere.org is where the site should be accessed from, www.secondsphere.org is just where most people go to (and it just happens that some browsers don't allow the same cookies on both, apparently).