News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Army-Base RPG [Feeler Thread]

Started by Zen, April 01, 2013, 06:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Quote from: Finn on April 04, 2013, 02:27:22 AM
Quote from: Mabbz on April 03, 2013, 07:24:37 PM
Do we have to limit ourselves to codex legal units and forces? Because my commander's fluff has him field testing experimental drone units (Drone harbinger from Dawn of War, for example). Also, for support I would like mobile drone repair facilities, mostly for repairs, but also for fabricating new drones from salvaged vehicles and other metal deposits.
I would rather if you would but then again, I begrudgingly approve of some units like the Tau's Sun Shark and Space Marine's Storm Talon. Drone Harbingers though, I wouldn't approve.
How about Imperial armour units? I would quite like Remoras, heavy gun drones and technical drones.

Zen

Quote from: Mabbz on April 04, 2013, 09:46:06 AM
Quote from: Finn on April 04, 2013, 02:27:22 AM
Quote from: Mabbz on April 03, 2013, 07:24:37 PM
Do we have to limit ourselves to codex legal units and forces? Because my commander's fluff has him field testing experimental drone units (Drone harbinger from Dawn of War, for example). Also, for support I would like mobile drone repair facilities, mostly for repairs, but also for fabricating new drones from salvaged vehicles and other metal deposits.
I would rather if you would but then again, I begrudgingly approve of some units like the Tau's Sun Shark and Space Marine's Storm Talon. Drone Harbingers though, I wouldn't approve.
How about Imperial armour units? I would quite like Remoras, heavy gun drones and technical drones.
Oh yes, those I actually like despite me being anti-Tau.

But like I said, don't worry too much about those kind of support. It'll be provided when available. HOWEVER, I will use the Remoras for a particular stealth scenario I have in mind  :shifty:

Just a note on air support and I have said it before, it will be provided if it is available and if that faction's air force has gained air superiority which would allow for that faction to call in air support. So don't expect for air support if your air force fails to gain air superiority.

LinnScarlett

I got off my fence today and decided to give my Catachan some playtime, so I will be running with them. Give me a bit to shamble their exists-only-in-story command structure and what not into a plausible army! I'll get it fixed today/tomorrow. I'll hop into the RP-thread and see if there is anything to say without needing all that in order, otherwise, I'll be here Fashionably Late. (Or more likely, Alicia running ahead to notify her commissarial colleagues that everything is in order, there were just some minor uh, mishaps!) :P
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Zen

Just some intro about your commander and maybe something about your command retinue if you want.

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Finn on April 04, 2013, 01:08:23 PM
Just some intro about your commander and maybe something about your command retinue if you want.

I'll try to not wall-o-text, hehe.

Zen

Try to reply within 2,3 days after I made a post otherwise I will be moving the RP along.

LinnScarlett

I always check board-RPGs in the morning, as a creative wake-up exercise so that should be fine, Zen!

Also, in how far do our commander(s) lovely canon hero-stats and equipment figure into the picture? I mostly ask this because Hark is designed as a Lord Commissar (i.e. the most senior one in a regiment) and because Straken has stats made of pure shark-wrangling awesome.

My little group is set up as a right-out-of-the-can regimental command with a Colonel, Major, Lord Commissar (plus aide) and Primaris Psyker (plus squad, although these are in my case largely non-Catachan red shirts, because Catachan doesn't breed psykers nearly as often as it does shark wrangling rambos) forming the most senior command group.

The backdrop positions of banner bearer, medic, designated muscle and heavy weapons of the command squad are also there, but I really didn't feel the need to bring them up yet. Although most have been mentioned. You'll all meet them sooner or later.  ;D

Zen

Just don't go over the top with them and also, don't pull a Leman-Russ-out-of-their-back-pockets tricks.

LinnScarlett

It's why I am asking about the stats/codex descriptions, so that I have something I can lean on when rp-ing about them, Zen.

I presume you are talking about the psykers, and don't worry. They exist mostly because I find them fluffy and cool, and they're a good source for random Red Shirt splattering. I'll let you know before I start pulling tricks out of their back pockets...

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Hey everyone. I just got a new job, which necessitates buying a car in a matter of days. I'm really sorry but I just don't have the time to commit to this right now, everything's just exploded with BUSY =/.
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Waaaghpower

Leman Russ out of back pockets?
CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Quote from: Waaaghpower on April 07, 2013, 02:32:10 AM
CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!

I knew that was coming, somehow :P.
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Dra'Tuisisch-Novae on April 07, 2013, 02:57:50 AM
Quote from: Waaaghpower on April 07, 2013, 02:32:10 AM
CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!

I knew that was coming, somehow :P.
Just as planned.

Wait: I've got a better one. But could you see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

The Allfather

So uh... what's goin' on guys?  :shifty:

Railgun Convention

Well, the Tau are waiting for... something to happen.
So how many crashes have I survived now?