News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

3 1850 Point Eldar lists, which to use?

Started by Arguleon-veq, November 13, 2013, 12:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

With Skyshields now getting banned fairly often and my inability to roll Fortune even with a pair of Farseers in more than half my games meaning I cant trust a Bike Council I am left with some choices to make with regards to my regular Eldar list. Here are the 3 list options, I have no idea what will work best;

Farseer; Bike, Spear, Mantle
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
10 Guardians;

Wave Serpent; Cannon, Holo, Scatter
3 Bikes;
3 Bikes;
Wraithknight;
Wraithknight;
Wraithknight;

3 Knights, 4 Serpents and 3 very annoying scoring/contesting units in the Bikes and Mantle Seer. Without the Skyshield though are 4 Serpents really durable enough? [I would have to buy a Wraithknight]

Spirit Seer;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;

Wave Serpent; Cannon, Holo, Scatter, Mantle
Wraithknight;
Wraithknight;

So I lose a Knight and the Bikes for 2 extra Serpents, I also lose the major psychic support from the Mantle Seer but the Spiritseer can give one of my Serpents Conceal. [I would have to buy 2 Serpents]

Spirit Seer;
Spirit Seer;
5 Wraithguard;
5 Wraithguard;
5 Wraithguard;
5 Wraithguard;

Wraithknight;
Wraithknight;

Less of everything but it has much more durable scoring and all those Wraithcannons make a real mess of enemy monsters and tanks, also two Spiritseers means that I can have 2 concealed Serpents which should make those two virtually unkillable. [I would have to buy 10 Wraithguard]

In terms of what I would need to buy for each list none of it is a problem really as it would cost pretty much the same amount of money to complete any of these lists so its down to how well each list would do really.

So which do you think?
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on November 13, 2013, 12:03:48 PM
With Skyshields now getting banned fairly often and my inability to roll Fortune even with a pair of Farseers in more than half my games meaning I cant trust a Bike Council I am left with some choices to make with regards to my regular Eldar list. Here are the 3 list options, I have no idea what will work best;

Farseer; Bike, Spear, Mantle
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
10 Guardians;

3 Bikes;
3 Bikes;
Wraithknight;
Wraithknight;
Wraithknight;

3 Knights, 4 Serpents and 3 very annoying scoring/contesting units in the Bikes and Mantle Seer. Without the Skyshield though are 4 Serpents really durable enough? [I would have to buy a Wraithknight]

Spirit Seer;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;

Wraithknight;
Wraithknight;

So I lose a Knight and the Bikes for 2 extra Serpents, I also lose the major psychic support from the Mantle Seer but the Spiritseer can give one of my Serpents Conceal. [I would have to buy 2 Serpents]

Spirit Seer;
Spirit Seer;
5 Wraithguard;
5 Wraithguard;
5 Wraithguard;
5 Wraithguard;

Wraithknight;
Wraithknight;

Less of everything but it has much more durable scoring and all those Wraithcannons make a real mess of enemy monsters and tanks, also two Spiritseers means that I can have 2 concealed Serpents which should make those two virtually unkillable. [I would have to buy 10 Wraithguard]

In terms of what I would need to buy for each list none of it is a problem really as it would cost pretty much the same amount of money to complete any of these lists so its down to how well each list would do really.

So which do you think?

Have you consider taking elements from each list? Maybe two of the Wraithguard, 2 of the Avengers and 2 of the bikes, and a spiritseer with some Wraithknights.