News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

GWs New Look

Started by Narric, April 09, 2014, 08:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Starting this thread off now, as currently the GW store is still down for Maintenance and possible upgrades/revamping.

What do you chaps think GW should change on their website?

I'd personally like to see more Hobby content beyond how to paint models that GW has already got in their museum :P Articles on how to really hobby, conversions, genuinely useful tips, that sort of thing.

Thantos

I second that. More lore, background hobby stuff. Id visit the site more often if it had useful stuff there rather than just a big catalog. (which is fine if you are wanting to make a purchase, but thats the only reason id visit in its current state)

Cammerz

Quote from: Narric on April 09, 2014, 08:10:48 PM
Starting this thread off now, as currently the GW store is still down for Maintenance and possible upgrades/revamping.

What do you chaps think GW should change on their website?

I'd personally like to see more Hobby content beyond how to paint models that GW has already got in their museum :P Articles on how to really hobby, conversions, genuinely useful tips, that sort of thing.

So effectively a return to the original website which had huge amounts of hobby content including interactive Space Marine painters and Skaven name generators.
Something tells me they won't but it would certainly be great. I'd also like to know what the 'gifts' will be that their email said would appear alongside the updated webstore.

I reckon one of their biggest changes will simply be finding and replacing every mention of the 'Imperial Guard' with 'Astra Militarum'.

Narric

Is the sprue that is shown on the downtime image a recent/new product? Or do you think its a sneak peak at a future release?

CoffeeGrunt

New Space Marine Captain sculpt. All orders 80 Euros or over until the 4th May get one for free. A nice deal and something GW hasn't been known for before.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

I remember when it was £10 per free postage. Was rather surprised to see it had gone up to £40 :P In a way it was understandable. I would often include a pot of paint just to make it over £10. Oddly not something I'm gonna criticize them for :P

Deraj

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on April 09, 2014, 10:55:53 PM
A nice deal and something GW hasn't been known for before.

About 4 years ago they did this with a badass sergeant standing on a broken stone aquila. It was a great sculpt and iirc that was the only way to get the model.

Narric

Well, the new site is up. Absolutely no chance of there being "Free" hobby advice. If you want hobby, buy White Dwarf.

One thing that is curious and possibly useful to some is the "Price Range" option. Other than that, it just feels like GW eBay.

salamut2202

Okay, it took me to 15 minuted to understand that mess but I have it figured out.

UGH, the white space - IT BURNS! My brain is now very very sad from seeing that. I think scrolling on /b/ leaves my mind more intact after that aesthetic vomit.

The Allfather

It honestly doesn't even look like it's finished. Which is kind of typical for GW, apparently.

The Man They Call Jayne

£11.99 for a book about Vortex Missiles? £0.99 for a book on Powerfists, or Volcano Cannons, or Vulcan Mega Bolters? WTF GW?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chris

I like the new look...
Looks cleaner and fresher.

The check boxes to close down on what your product is nice too.

CoffeeGrunt

Quote£11.99 for a book about Vortex Missiles? £0.99 for a book on Powerfists, or Volcano Cannons, or Vulcan Mega Bolters? WTF GW?

I know, right? I can just about buy a candy bar for the price of one of those mini-ebooks! Absolute travesty, should be 10p each!
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

The Man They Call Jayne

I am more making the comment about the fact that they exist at all. Why do we need a book telling us the rules for Chainfists? They are in the main book already, anything else inthere is just fluff about just a specific weapon system. They don't need to exist.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Deraj

They don't 'need to.' Some people just like reading the fluff for stuff. Plenty of people enjoy the technical fluff of the game, so dropping a dollar or 2 on an interesting read isn't a big deal. Also they're really short, perfect toilet reads :P

Also; just want to point out that someone who plays a miniature game saying something 'doesn't need to exist' is just... a little funny.