News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Eastward, Unto Dawn [OOC/Sign-up Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 14, 2012, 05:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

Minecraft on 360 eh? I can forgive that. It's easy to loose track of time on that game. :P

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on May 14, 2012, 03:59:27 AM
So what's going on? Is this continuing? WHAT'S HAPPENING!?!?!?!
I kind of failed miserably to keep to schedule.
Friday I was shattered after work, Saturday was game day at the club, and Sunday
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

So what's going on? Is this continuing? WHAT'S HAPPENING!?!?!?!

Ravager Zero

For those of you who know the setting, this needs little introduction. For those of you not familiar with the world, I'll give you a brief outline.

This story is set in the same world as my works "The Tower" and "Oath", a world which has since expanded and grown. To the west technology marches onwards. Black powder weapons are no longer experimental playthings, but state of the art weapons, with systems as advanced as pinfire revolvers and even a handful of lever-action rifles

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

El ShasOcho

Awesome. Thats all I will say.

Will have a character up soon, just need to come up with one...

Dibs on a Mage spot. Think I might go wardancer and pyromancy. I envision myself with a flaming scimitar. 8)

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Vyper

Hmm, are longbows viable weapons? And if so, some sort of ability involving really, really good accuracy?

InsaneTD

Most sexcellent. I'm thinking of taking a Mage(ss) spot. I'll PM you about it Ravy honey.

Mabbz

Interesting that the canticles have changed, I guess thats due to cultural differences and different faiths?

If 7 or more people join, then we can have 3 mages. If enough people join then I'll go with a mage; probably either a wardancing necromancer, a chaos terramancer or a chaos necromancer. With Terramancy, can you control the skeins or just move them? There's been a few occasions when I've thought of interesting ways of weaponising mysticism in E,tD. I've got a mystic lined up as a possible replacement for Kahlan if she dies.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Vyper on April 29, 2012, 08:15:23 AM
Hmm, are longbows viable weapons? And if so, some sort of ability involving really, really good accuracy?
Yes, they are.
However, the eastern tribes favour somewhat smaller composite bows with very high draw strength known as war bows.

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on April 29, 2012, 08:20:40 AM
Most sexcellent. I'm thinking of taking a Mage(ss) spot. I'll PM you about it Ravy honey.
You're such a tease. :P

Quote from: Mabbz on April 29, 2012, 08:39:02 AM
Interesting that the canticles have changed, I guess thats due to cultural differences and different faiths?
Yes, it is. If you remember from ETD I dropped several hints that eastern culture was quite different. Different culture in this setting also means different magicks.

If 7 or more people join, then we can have 3 mages. If enough people join then I'll go with a mage; probably either a wardancing necromancer, a chaos terramancer or a chaos necromancer. With Terramancy, can you control the skeins or just move them? There's been a few occasions when I've thought of interesting ways of weaponising mysticism in E,tD. I've got a mystic lined up as a possible replacement for Kahlan if she dies.
It's reading how they move, not moving them. Think of it like 'scan/libra' from final fantasy, only it also works on the land, the sky, people, etc

Mabbz

Ok, so I wont bother with terramany. So the question is, do I kill everyone with chaos and death magic, or do I conjure up weapons out of bone to kill people with whilst dancing? Or come up with a new idea altogether? So many choices, and such riches aplenty...

Vyper

Are they a natural composite (such as in a avatar; natural resin) our a man made one? I wil get a character up some time today :)

The Man They Call Jayne

Farooq

Male

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3494342/

Physical 15-8 =7
Mental 15-7 =8
Mystical 15-3 =12

Farooq is a slender yet muscular man cabable of great feats of speed and grace. He seems almost inhuman leading many to suspect magick is involved in his skills. Farooq has nothing to say on the matter however. He is an amiable man, providing nothing is threatening him, and if he owes someone a debt it will always be repaid. He is a master of knives and swords, even hand axes and will not hesitate to use anything he can as a weapon, even the environment itself.

He is a disgraced master hashishin, a master of stealth and cunning with a tendancy to fall to blood lust in combat. He was barred form the order after a contract against a warlord went ary. After neutralising the guard, he discovered that he had been betrayed, and the warlord was ready for him armed with a rifle. Farooq took a bullet to the chest which practically killed him. Sucumbing to the blood lust and fueled by pure adrenalin he drew a knife and hurled it at the warlord, forcing him to move to avoid it. As he turned back he was met by the sight of Farooq face filled with rage and his talwar slicing up through the stock of his rifle and taking his head from his soulders.

After this event, Farooq found a healer who fixed up his wound, and a few weeks later he snuck back into the house of the order and brutally slaughtered the Grand Master in his sleep. He stopped to collect a few personal belongings and weapons and then set out into the world becoming a killer for hire to anyone who could afford him. He built no reputation, as he remain undetected during his missions. He would collect payment, perform the action and move on.

After the incident with the warlord he has take a deep aversion to fire arms, considering them dishonourable, a cowards weapon.

Equipment:

Wootz Steel Talwar. This sword was crafted by the finest bladesmith in the order, specifically for Farooq, it's edge seems to transend mere sharpness. Farooq uses this weapon sparingly, believing that only those worthy of such an honour should witness it in action, albeit breifly.

Knives.  Farooq keep various knives about his person, some are for fighting and some are for throwing. One is simply a utility knife for preparing food.

Tabarzin. A light weight metallinc war axe about 3 feet long. Farooqs standard weapon of choice. The axe is designed to defend and even disarm an opponant. Its egde is still murderously sharp and can be swung with enough force to slice through several inches of wood, and cause a significant rend in plate armour. The back of the blade forms into a hammer.

Hashishin Robes. These robes are made of dark fabrics that seem to shimmer while Farooq is moving. In low levels of light he becomes almost invisble while moving and simply hard to spot while standing still. They make no noise as he moves and muffle the sound of anything he may be carrying.

Anything else you need me to add?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

After doing a bit of research, I've changed my idea a little. I may have a mage backup character. But for now I'm going a young 'Noble' from one of the larger nomadic tribes.

Tarrik Darian.

Tarrik was born not long after his father ended a war with another of the Easts large nomadic tribes. He always said he won for his unborn son, who was also his eldest child. Growing up, he was taught the ways of war, from fighting with a Nimcha, a sword forged from the swords of fallen enemies, the use of the tribes war bows, short composite bows designed to be used from horse or camel back, to various kinds of daggers. His father also thought it important for great leaders to be warrior scholars and had the tribes elders and scholars teach the young Tarik about langauges, the Gods and the maintaince, repair and creation of weapons, tents and the other essential equipment of the tribe. He was no tradesman, but he had an idea of how everything his tribe had had been made.

When Tarrik came of age, his father had him tutored in desert survival and tracking, before having him travel the desert for a week, suriving only on what he could find. When he got back his father presented him with his sword, armour and bow. The sword made from the blade ofleader of the tribe his father bested, an ornate, yet practical weapon. His armour , a scale shirt, made by the best smith in the tribe, made black by an additive used in it's forging, with gold trim on each scale and leather vambraces and greives. And finally a bow made by the best hunter in the tribe, wrapped in leather tanned from the hide of a desert beast.

His father, concerned with the rumors of outsiders on the coast, sent Tarric to find out more, and to meet more of the peoples of the land they travelled.

Age; 24
Tarrik is a tall man at 6'4" with a muscular build and dark coloured hair and green eyes. He has lead some of tribes men in small skirmishes with other tribes, he generally prefers to use his blade in combat and his bow for hunting. When ever a trading van has meet with the tribe, he checks if they have any scrolls or books, to help futher his knowledge of the world.

Ravy, can I get you to roll for me pretty please?

Equipment, Nimcha, Scale shirt, leather greives and vambraces, short war bow and quiver, dagger and amulet with his tribes crest.

I'm guessing we'll need drives for this two?

Honour of the tribe. Tarrik beleives that everyone should be treated with respect and all deals should be honoured. He has never done anything to bring dishonour to the tribe, and will try to right any wrongs he believes he has done to anyone and repay any debts, wether real or perceived.

Warrior Scholar. Tarrik beleives that all people and things have something to teach himself and through him, his tribe. He will try to learn all he can from the people he travels with, no matter if it's a different way of fighting, simply a new way to cook, or just how to repair a torn piece of clothing. If he finds a book he considers interesting, he'll borrow it if he can, or buy it if he can not.

OK, I'm pretty sure that's everything. PM me for anything that need clearing up or maybe OP Rav.

Mabbz

Can any of the canticles be used to make myself ethereal? I was just thinking about that soulstone that Galithir is currently stuck in, the one you said could make Shivered weapons or Wraithfell armour (the reset has brought back some old PMs, including the one where you described the stone's powers) and I quite like the idea of a character that can make himself phase out of the material realm.

Here is the PM:
QuoteA Shivered weapon is something sheathed in Essence, and knocked slightly out of 'alignment' with the material realm.
Wraithfell armour allows the wearer to take on some attributes of the Fell Wraiths, such as resistance to normal weapons, and the ability to occasionally 'phasewalk'.

Ravager Zero

Jayne, check your PM's. If you're good with it, you're in.

TD, rolls coming up:

Physical: 7
Mental: 10
Mystical: 14

HP: 17

Looks good. I like that you've got someone practical. It will help.

Mabbz, I'm gonna say Moonsingers can do it, but only at night, and only when you have at least 120% moon showing (remember, 3 major moons).