News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

Quote from: Mabbz on February 19, 2016, 10:31:56 AM
Ok, so in the newest codex he would be a tempestor (a silly name that I won't be using again, don't worry). This means the following things for you:

1) He has a hot-shot lasgun (another stupid name that we won't be using), not a hellgun. The difference here is that he is Ap3.
can I veto that to be him having a Hellgun with access to hotshot mags? Far more characterful and less insulting to people who liked the background ;-)

Quote2) He doesn't have infiltrate, but then again that would have been useless in Covert Ops, as will deepstrike.
3) He has Move Through Cover.
4) I work him out as 42 points. For anyone interested, that's 22 for the model, 15 for the power weapon and 5 for the melta bombs.
Not too bad then. :-P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Quote from: Wargamer on February 19, 2016, 07:21:08 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on February 19, 2016, 10:31:56 AM
Ok, so in the newest codex he would be a tempestor (a silly name that I won't be using again, don't worry). This means the following things for you:

1) He has a hot-shot lasgun (another stupid name that we won't be using), not a hellgun. The difference here is that he is Ap3.
Can I veto that to be him having a Hellgun with access to hotshot mags? Far more characterful and less insulting to people who liked the background ;-)
Sure, lets go with that. Although I'm pretty sure that fluffwise they are both the same thing but with different names, and I believe they usually have a large power pack worn as a backpack rather than mags.

Vyper

I think a Bullgryn could be fun :D
Maybe a bone'ead if possible.
Grenadier gauntlet and slabshield as weapon choice of course  :D

The Man They Call Jayne

Did Harker get access to those special blast rounds the Heavy Bolter could fire? Can't remember. But still, that should work out well enough.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

Quote from: Vyper on February 20, 2016, 01:55:42 AM
Bone 'ead is over budget, but the rest is fine :)

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on February 20, 2016, 02:43:11 AM
Did Harker get access to those special blast rounds the Heavy Bolter could fire? Can't remember. But still, that should work out well enough.
No, no one in the IG codex has those.

Vyper

Quote from: Mabbz on February 20, 2016, 03:16:04 AM
Quote from: Vyper on February 20, 2016, 01:55:42 AM
Bone 'ead is over budget, but the rest is fine :)

Yeh, I just did the maths. 5pts over  ::)
Oh well, normal Bullgryn should be fun!
Now I just need to find a name...

Mabbz

Added all your stats into the first post. 187pts total so far, so we'll wait a couple of days for any last entrants, and failing that I'll throw in a servitor or something as a last character. Or maybe a psyker.

It just occurred to me that one of you could have taken a platoon commander for 22pts + upgrades. If I have to join, maybe I should do that. But as I don't actually want to lead, I could make him hopelessly incompetent so that one of the sergeants has to 'creatively interpret his orders'.

Wargamer

Well Stormtroopers aren't part of the Imperial Guard, technically. They're either Inquisition troops or Schola Progenia forces. Either way, command would default to the highest ranking regular Guard officer, or failing that our local sergeant.

Besides, I'm looking forward to the interplay of members of three "allied" organisations who all consider themselves the most important :-P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

Quote from: Wargamer on February 20, 2016, 04:24:35 PM
Besides, I'm looking forward to the interplay of members of three "allied" organisations who all consider themselves the most important :-P
Three? Do you mean the two Sergeants and the Engineseer? I doubt the Ogryn is really going to be thinking much XD (no offence intended to Vyper)

Quote from: Wargamer on February 20, 2016, 04:24:35 PM
Well Stormtroopers aren't part of the Imperial Guard, technically. They're either Inquisition troops or Schola Progenia forces. Either way, command would default to the highest ranking regular Guard officer, or failing that our local sergeant.
I'm taking note of this :P

Mabbz

Right, I think we've waited long enough. Here's your final teammate:

Corporal Maria Note                             24 Points

WS BS   S    T    W    I    A    Ld    Sv 
Maria
4+

Wargear:

• Carapace Armour
  • Camo Cloak
  • Medi-Pack
  • Lasgun
  • Frag Grenades

I will be writing up the first post in just a minute. Once it's up, get yourselves out of the wreckage and lets get this show on the road.

The Man They Call Jayne

I am working on the assumption that Adam was stationed at the base they have just crashed into. If that isn't the case, let me know and I will change it.

Mabbz

You haven't hit a base, you've crashed in the middle of nowhere in Tau held territory. The aircraft you were on was some kind a large transport plane, large enough to carry at least a company's worth of troops, equipment and vehicles (I don't know if such a vehicle exists in the fluff, if not just assume it's native to Ferin). The reason for all the different people from different branches of the military on board varies somewhat from person to person, but the fluff does mention that regiments are split up for combined arms purposes, so here's a few ideas:

McTavish's squad was sent for a special mission, that he hasn't been briefed on yet.
Wexler's company has suffered sever casualties, and has didn't need a full transport.
Note's company is a small, veteran force from the Red Talon's homworld (Iron Hands successors). The company is small enough that they can share a transport with the Catachans.
Drakoon is a techpriest, and was probably travelling alone for separate reasons.
Vyper's Ogryn (name pending - maybe he forgot?) probably got on the wrong transport by mistake.

The Man They Call Jayne

Mabbz

No worries, I probably shouldn't have said mess hall, to prevent confusion.

Narric

Engineseers are resilient bastards, aren't they? :P

By the way, if you're interested, the voice I have in mind for my character is the intercom voice you hear in the early parts of Half-Life. Very synthetic sounding and low, though obviously my Engineseer is more intelligible :P