News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Vector Sigma's Masterplan [RP Thread]

Started by Narric, August 12, 2015, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Background Music

Cybertron is at War!

For five million years Megatron has persued
a campaign of total domination over the
technological marvel that is the planet cybertron.

Belaying the decepticons' efforts,
the Autobot Leader, Optimus Prime has tirelessly fought
the seemingly neverending tide of decepticon drones
and agents of destruction.

But as the war rages on, energy has began to become scarce,
putting brakes of the Decepticons' unending saughter,
and stifling the Autobots defences. Both sides have begun
calculating their plans to even greater feats of destruction in
an attempt to end the war in their favour before
Cybertron goes completely dark.

Deep within Cybertrons labyrinthian inner world,
the Mega Computer, Vector Sigma, devises a plan
of his own to ensure the survival of the Cybertronian race.
But he cannot trust either side of the conflict to do what is right,
and so broadcastes a subliminal signal across the planet that only
those who's sparks resonates true will answer.

Vector Sigma sits quietly, awaiting the warriors who will
do what is right, to bring the war to a conclusion,
and secure the peace of the great planet Cybertron........

The Triple Changer, Draliant sits in the audience room of Vector Sigma, his legs crossed in meditation. He stares into the crystaline sphere held in place above the ground, as its surfice ripples, ebbs and flows with changes of colour, information, texture and luminosity. The room is luminated by Vector Sigma, and an array of lights positioned into the domed ceiling. Archeways around the room stretch into a dark abyse, leading into the twisting and disorientation corridors that lead both to Cybertrons' core, and its surface.

Draliant had made sure that the Drones Sentinals, that patroled this small section of cybertron, had all been disposed of, though he knew more would be built or redirected to fill the void of "Security" Vector Sigma "so dearly" needed. He quietly chuckled at the idea that unbody in the war would even bother the Mega Computer with anything, let alone come down solely to cause it damage. IN truth, the Sentinals were a byproduct of Cybertrons' long forgoten past.

Draliant was shacken from his reverie at the sound of metal being scraped along metal. Considering the size of the tunnels he had come down, he wondered what kind of transformer would even be big enough to cuase the noise, yet small enough to traverse the tunnels at all. From two other doors, there came the sound of footsteps, with one sounding heavier than the other.

"I guess Vector Sigma attracted some bigger transformers somehow." He thought to himself, remaining stationary, as the others entered the room.

The Man They Call Jayne

Cataclysm burst into the chamber, his shoulder guns locking onto the new target in front of him, ready to fire at a seconds notice.

"You are?" his deep, harsh voice rumbled.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

"Here for the same reason as you" Draliant replied, calmly and without moving. He looked over the cybertronian in front of him. "I don't think you and I have ever met on the battlefield, and judging by those cannos, I think it would have been unlikely to ever happen."

Draliant slowly and patiently arouse from his position.

"My name is Draliant, former Decepticon." He bowed, and hoped his emphasis would disuade the large transformer from further aggresion.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Oh good, so I'm not the only one then" Hellblade stated as he sauntered into the room. "Hellblade's the name" he added, pointing out the blades strapped to his legs.

"So, I'm guessing we're not here for celebrations. Any ideas?"
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Narric

"My sensors are picking up one more cybertronian in the tunnels." Draliant replied to Hellblade. "To save repeating what needs to be said, we'll wait for them to turn up. Though right now I'm curious about you, Hellblade. Your reputation never made me think you'd turn away from Megatron, especially considering younger transformers seem more easily swayed by his silver gilded words."

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Swayed is a decent description for it. Intoxication is more accurate though. Sounds great at the time, but after a while when you think about it Megatron's vision isn't all it seems to be at first glance. Glory in battle is great, but life shouldn't be a battlefield." Hellblade replied.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Narric

"And I suppose fighting with honour has its merits?" Draliant himself had left the Decepticon cause because of the lack of honour in the fighting. He felt that many of his former comrades wouldn't understand so had taken his leave without informing anyone.

The Man They Call Jayne

"Life isn't a battle field? Look around you. That is all it is. That is all we exist for. Those blades, these cannon. Without this unending war we wouldn't even be here. We live. We destroy. The best we can do is destroy the right things."

With a shrug of his great shoulders, the powerful cannons retracted and folded in on themselves, behind his back.

"Maybe one day we won't be needed any more, and then we can finally rest."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

kingofmonkeys

Trenchgrinder made his way down the tunnels having had to shift into vehicle form to fit through some of the smaller ones, the telltale sound of his tracks rattling and echoing about the confined space. Finally the tunnel opened up more and he shifted back into robot form as he made his way into the chamber at the end of the tunnels. He looked around at the assembled group and spoke his voice deep and slow.
"This must be where I'm going."

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Narric

"Indeed" Draliant responded, turning towards the final arrival. "I am Draliant, and your name is?"

kingofmonkeys

"I'm Trenchgrinder," he paused and looked at the other autobots in the room "why are we here?"

#15 to the new world

Narric

The room becomes brighter as the lights in the ceiling intensify their luminosity, and the crystaline sphere in the centre of the room begin to ascend. The crackle of a thousands shards of glass cracking fills the room, and a face emerges from the sphere with plain androgenous features and eyes filled with intense light.

"I SHALL RESPOND TO THIS INQUERY." The Mega Computer boomed. The doors leading into the tunnels closed and sealed shut. "YOU ARE HERE BECUASE I HAVE WILLED IT, AND TO FULFIL A PLAN TO BRING PEACE AND HOPE TO THE CYBERTRONIAN RACE. YOUR WAR ON THE SURFACE IS A FOOLISH ENDEAVOUR, AND WILL ONLY LEAD TO MORE CYBERTRONIANS DEACTIVATING EVEN AFTER A VICTOR IS DECIDED.

"BEFORE THE WAR STARTED, A NUMBER OF CYBERTRONIANS WORKED TOWARDS COLONISING NEW WORLDS, AND SO SET OUT IN VAST VESSELS FILLED WITH THE TECHNOLOGY NEEDED TO CLAIM THESE WORLDS. AMONG THIS TECHNOLOGY WERE DEVICES THAT COULD CREATE RENEWABLE ENERGY. SUCH TECHNOLOGIES WERE USELESS ON CYBERTRON DUE TO THE LACK OF A STAR, LIQUID TIDES, OR STRONG WINDS.

Beneath Vector Sigma, a console rose from the floor and a weird device was presented from it.

"THIS IS A KEY. IT IS CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO ME AND ANY DEVICE IT IS INSERTED INTO WILL CONNECT IT TO ME. WITH IT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO INTERFACE WITH THE COLONISATION VESSELS."

Draliant stepped forward and picked up the key.
"And how do we plan on getting to these big ships? If was before the war, surely they're too far to be reached now?" Cataclysm asked.

"THERE IS A VESSEL CLOSE TO THE SURFACE THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO REACH YOUR TARGET. THE KEY IS IMPRINTED WITH THE LOCATION OF THE CLOSEST COLONY SHIP, AND WILL GUIDE YOU TO IT."

"THIS IS YOUR MISSION. KNOW THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS FOR THE GOOD OF ALL OF CYBERTRON AND ITS INHABITANTS."

With that, the lights dimmed, and Vector Sigma returned to its resting state. The group looked at eachother, a mix of emotions swimming within them. Wonder, fear, aphrension, excitement. As each warrior pondered their new mission, as a single doorway opened up leading out into the tunnels.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Ok, so how do we go about this? I mean, I can fly there, but I doubt that's an option for all of us. So should I fly ahead as a look out or do we all roll out together?" Hellblade asked

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Narric

"Without the key you won't know where to go, and if you scout ahead with the key, we won't be able to follow you as easily." Draliant said. "The Sentinals of these tunnels will likely be completing their circuit in this direction, and their numbers will easily overwhelm us individually. Our best chance is to stick together."

kingofmonkeys

"Before we go off blind we should think about this. never start a job without preparing"
the large autobot turned to Draliant and pointed at the computer with his normal hand
"can that thing show us a map of this area may not know where exactly this thing is but i'd like to at least get an idea of the immediate area then we may not even need to scout, next up tell us what you know about the sentinels you mentioned." 

#15 to the new world