News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Good plan. Now just get them all killed and they wont be able to dispute you :P

Narric

This is probably why the only time I'm successful at sneaking is when I'm not :P

Wargamer

I say we fall back, regroup, then come back when everyone calms down to blow them all sky high!  ;D
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

So Hertius and McTavish will escape the way Hertius came in? behind the buildings?

Wargamer

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Post up. Decision time. Going flat out (18" a turn, but no shooting), Maria and co. can escape fairly easily. The Hammerhead would get a single shot on them as they flee, and they can jink. Downside is that the Tau would then secure the entrance to the base before Hertius and McTavish can get there. By sticking around for a turn, they risk getting shot a bit more, but they could slow the Tau down a bit and kill some fire warriors, hopefully giving you a window to escape.

Quick reminder of a few things that could benefit you:
- Skimmers can pass freely over terrain.
- Devilfish's can tank shock.
- Wexler can fire a full Bs provided the fish moves 6" or less.
- Laser fence posts can be destroyed (T:7, W:2, Sv:3+).
- Killing the Fireblade is a secondary objective, so I'll give you a bonus if you manage it.

Narric

AV7, so Sniper Dave could start disabling the fence towers....

Devilfish can also Ram, but against Hammerhead AV, that would be a seriously bad idea :-\

Could the Devilfish hop the fence, and escape, while Sniper Dave shoots out the Fence Pylons whilst Hertius and McTavish attempt to escape? Wexler could also shoot at some Pylons on exit aswell?

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on August 06, 2016, 09:45:49 PM
AV7, so Sniper Dave could start disabling the fence towers....
Uh... Toughness 7, not AV7. Basically the same as gun emplacements as described in the 6th edition rules at least. I can't remember if they were in the 7th. That might actually make them easier for David to destroy.

Devilfish can also Ram, but against Hammerhead AV, that would be a seriously bad idea :-\
In theory you could also tank shock the fence posts. Since they can move out the way, RAW says they would be auto destroyed. I'd make you take a dangerous terrain check though (with NP re-rolls)

Could the Devilfish hop the fence, and escape, while Sniper Dave shoots out the Fence Pylons whilst Hertius and McTavish attempt to escape? Wexler could also shoot at some Pylons on exit aswell?
Certainly an option. My question is, how will you keep Hertius and McTavish being noticed and gunned down as they escape? You may wish to consider a diversion strategy, to be safe.

Mabbz

Ok, Maria and co are safe, so it's just David and the two PCs now. David's camo gear means he can basically escape whenever.

The Fireblade and guard will definitely see you at the start of their next turn (unless you do something weird like run back behind the garage). You should be able to run and charge the fence, and you'll only have those two Tau shooting at you as you escape. So you should be fairly safe as you escape.

Alternatively, you could go for the risky option of trying a long charge against them (I think you're about 16" away). If you pull that off and kill them both on the charge (not too difficult with a power sword and servo arm) then you can escape even easier, and you get the pleasure of having killed their leader.

Of course, if you fail then they'll call for help and you'll definitely be shot to pieces (well, McTavish will. Hertius might get taken alive)