News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Isle of Carandia (OOC thread)

Started by Narric, November 08, 2018, 08:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

I'm in the process of making my character (a human cleric, if you're curious), I've just been busy with work these last few days. Hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow.

Mabbz

Work in progress, I should be able to get it finished in a day or two.

Character Name: Benjamin
Class & Level: Cleric 2 Background: Acolyte Player Name: Mabbz
Race: Human Alignment: Chaotic-Good Exp: 0xp

Strength:
[15]
(+2)
Dexterity:
[12]
(+1)
Constitution:
[14]
(+2)
Intelligence:
[11]
(+0)
Wisdom:
[16]
(+3)
Charisma:
[11]
(+0)
Passive Wisdom:
(10)
Proficiencies and
Languages:
Common, Dwarvish, Light armor, medium armor, shields, Simple weapons
Inspiration:
Proficiency Bonus: [+2]
Saving Throws:
[Wisdom, Charisma]
Skills:
[Advantage on Insight, Religion and Persuasion]
Armour Class: [12]
Intiative: [+1]
Speed: [30']
Hit Point Total: [17]
Hit Dice: [2d8]
Attacks and Spellcasting:
Mace 1d6 Bludgeoning
Thaumaturgy (Cantrip)
Sacred Flame (Cantrip)
Guidance (Cantrip)
Charm Person (Domain Spell)
Disguise Self (Domain Spell)
Channel Divinity: Turn Undead, Invoke Duplicity
Equipment:
Leather Armour
Mace
a prayer book or prayer wheel,
5 sticks of incense
vestments,
a set of common clothes,
a pouch containing 15 gp

Personality Traits: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideals: Rich people do not deserve the wealth they have acquired.
Bonds: I will someday get revenge on the corrupt temple hierarchy who branded me a heretic.
Flaws: I am suspicious of wealthy strangers and expect the worst of them.
Features and Traits:

I think that's done now. Let me know if you see any information I missed, this is my first D&D character.

Narric

Looks good so far as I can tell. Add "Acolyte" to your background box. Technically your Ideal isn't an option for a Cleric, but considering it lines up well with Karuma, who can be your patron God, I'm fine letting that pass :3

Interesting combination of characters at the moment. An Urchin that turned to dark forces for power, and an Acolyte desiring change in the world. A duo who would likely change the world if they can agree on what the result should be, I can imagine :3

Jacurutu

Greetings.

I am Jac, and this is my character sheet.

Character Name: Aela
Class & Level:Rogue 2Background:OutlanderPlayer Name:Jacurutu
Race:Wood-Elf Alignment:Neutral GoodExp:50

Strength:
[10]
(0)
Dexterity:
[17]
(+3)
Constitution:
[14]
(+2)
Intelligence:
[12]
(+1)
Wisdom:
[14]
(+2)
Charisma:
[8]
(-1)
Passive Wisdom:
(16)
Proficiencies and
Languages:
Light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, longbows, thieves' tools, lyre, Elvish, Common, Sylvan
Inspiration: [Yesn't]
Saving Throws:
[Dexterity +5, Intelligence +3]
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Athletics +2, Investigation +3, Perception* +6, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth* +7, Survival +4
*=Expertise

Armour Class: [14]
Intiative: [+3]
Speed: [35]
Hit Point Total: [20]
Hit Dice: [2d8]
Shortbow | +5 | 1d6+3 Piercing (80/320)
Dagger    | +5 | 1d4+3 Piercing (20/60)
Rapier     | +5 | 1d8+3 Piercing
Equipment:

• Rapier
  • Shortbow
  • Quiver containing 12 Arrows
  • Backpack
  • Bedroll
  • Mess Kit
  • Waterskin
  • Day's Ration x 10
  • Tinderbox
  • 50ft Hempen Rope
  • Torch x10
  • Leather Armor
  • Dagger
  • Set of Thieves' Tools
  • Staff
  • Hunting Trap
  • Wolf Fur Collar (Hunting Trophy)
  • Travelling Clothes
  • Belt Pouch
  • Gold: 14
  • Silver: 8
Personality Traits: From afar I observe, but when the time comes, I act.
Ideals:Despite impressions, I will always strive to do right by others.
Bonds:I lend no aid for nefarious gain. I am no thief, nor assassin.
Flaws:I am not well liked, even among my people. Often I come across as abrasive.
Features and Traits:

• Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
  • Keen Senses: You have proficiency in Perception.
  • Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saves against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
  • Trance: Elves meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day in place of sleeping. You gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
  • Elf Weapon Training: You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
  • Fleet of Foot: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
  • Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
  • Wanderer: You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

• Expertise: Perception, Stealth
  • Sneak Attack: 1d6 Once per turn, you can deal extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.

You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
  • Thieves' Cant
  • Cunning Action: You can use your bonus action to dash disengage or hide.

Mabbz

Welcome aboard, Jac

Quote from: Narric on November 20, 2018, 11:27:28 PM
Looks good so far as I can tell. Add "Acolyte" to your background box. Technically your Ideal isn't an option for a Cleric, but considering it lines up well with Karuma, who can be your patron God, I'm fine letting that pass :3

Interesting combination of characters at the moment. An Urchin that turned to dark forces for power, and an Acolyte desiring change in the world. A duo who would likely change the world if they can agree on what the result should be, I can imagine :3
Added in now. I assumed the various personality tables were just guidelines for if you couldn't think of your own character, so I only used them when I couldn't think of my own. And yes, I'd intended for Karuma to be my patron

Railgun Convention

Dwarf fighter incoming! Please wait whilst this character is generated...
Stat roll: 3 3 7 13 17 19

Character Name: Obsidian Ironforge
Class & Level: Fighter: 1Background: Soldier Player Name: Railgun Convention
Race: Mountain Dwarf Alignment: Lawful Good Exp: 0 Age/Size: 70, 4' 4" (Medium)

Strength:
[19]+2=21
(+5)
Dexterity:
[3]
(-4)
Constitution:
[17]+2=19
(+4)
Intelligence:
[13]
(+1)
Wisdom:
[7]
(-2)
Charisma:
[3]
(-4)
Passive Wisdom:
(Perception)
Proficiencies and
Languages:
  • Common, Dwarfish
  • Battleaxe, Handaxe, Light Hammer, Warhammer, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons
  • All Armour
  • Smith's Tools, History (Stonework)
Inspiration: [__]
Saving Throws:
[ADV: Str, Con]
Skills:
Advantage: Intimidation, Athletics, Perception, Survival
Armour Class: [16(+2)]
Intiative: [__]
Speed: [25]
Hit Point Total: [14]
Hit Dice: [1d10]
  • Battleaxe | Atk Bonus | 1d8 slashing
  • Handaxe | Atk Bonus | 1d6 slashing, thrown (range 20/60)
Equipment:

• Vantadurn Guard Captain's Insignia
  • A claw from a brown bear
  • Deck of cards
  • Common clothes
  • Coin pouch (30gp)
  • Chain mail
  • Battleaxe
  • Shield
  • 2x Handaxes
  • Dungeoneer's pack
  • Bedroll
  • Mess Kit
Personality Traits: I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
Ideals: Greater Good
Bonds: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaws: I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.
Features and Traits:

• Darkvison: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
  • Dwarven Resilience: You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage
  • Dwarven Combat Training: You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer.
  • Dwarven Armour Training: You have proficiency with light and medium armor.
  • Tool Proficiency (Smith): You gain proficiency with the artisan's tools of your choice: smith's tools, brewer's supplies, or mason's tools.
  • Stonecunning: Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
  • Fighting Style: Protection: When a creature you can see attacks a target other than you that is within 5 feet of you, you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on the attack roll. You must be wielding a shield.
  • Second Wind: On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Obsidian is a Captain in the Vantadurn Guard, a force that values strong discipline and iron resolve. It is not known why Vantadurn maintains and equips such a force, as the city has made no hostile overtures towards its neighbours; however, its members are well respected among fighting companies across Carandia. The Dwarves of Vantadurn show favour to Grenator, the God of Forges, and Obsidian is no exception in this, following the ways of the smith as her kin before her have done for centuries.

Obsidian is currently angling for promotion, certain that her resolve and ability is needed further up the chain of command. However, the Guard puts a lot of value on combat experience and outside knowledge, which requires those who wish to lead to prove themselves in adventures and battles across the land. Her trials to make Captain required her to defeat a large creature, in her case a roaming bear, to prove her mettle in hard combat. To this end, Obsidian seeks to make a name for herself in the outside world, and intends to return home with some powerful defensive artefact or weapon with which to bolster her homeland's armoury.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Narric

Looks cool so far, though I must why a Captain of the Guard would be out and about sidequesting from their job? Wouldn't that be a goal, or ultimate adventure reward for the character?
As an alternative, maybe they can be connected to some fantastic weapons or armour crafting technique like via familial prestige (also explains size of coin purse), and they're currently a soldier working their way up the ranks, with their current task being a scouting roll to see what the island beyond Vantadurn is dealing with?
This would be minimal character backstory changes and allows for growth and for them to carve a real name for themselves?

I'm over here generating some NPCs so I don't have to pull them out of thin air later.

Railgun Convention

I have some idea about having been sent on a quest (possibly politically motivated to get her out the way) to find some important relic, perhaps a magical core of some sort to power a war machine. Your suggestion works too though - I'll keep tweaking for now.

What system are we using for Stat roles? I've used a few different ones in the past, so I'm not even sure which is standard, and the WotC basic rules pdf doesn't say anything.

EDIT: I've added on a line about why a Captain would be out adventuring. Any good?

Narric

Quote from: Railgun Convention on November 21, 2018, 11:22:00 PM
What system are we using for Stat roles? I've used a few different ones in the past, so I'm not even sure which is standard, and the WotC basic rules pdf doesn't say anything.
I have a thread for online dice rollers here. For now, if you just want to do your basic six rolls, use the Tari Dadi link, and throw in "6D20" and you got your stat scores.

I like the addition to her backstory. I'll have to see about making some legendary artifacts for you to fight for in future ;)

Jacurutu

Just wanted to make sure since seeing stats being rolled. I used standard array, but I can roll instead of you would prefer

Railgun Convention

So I got one hell of a stat roll... Pretty sure this is why my groups never used D20s...!

Jacurutu

Quote from: Railgun Convention on November 22, 2018, 06:28:10 PM
So I got one hell of a stat roll... Pretty sure this is why my groups never used D20s...!

I am more concerned about having too many crippling weaknesses than I am having many strengths. I'd rather have a well rounded character than a glass canon or one trick pony, but that is just my personal preference. I am more than happy to roll and use the rolled stats to inform how the character acts.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Apologies for the delay, I'm currently in the middle of a fiendishly hard run of overtime. I shall however get a character written up tomorrow evening if that's ok?
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Cammerz

I should probably point out that I too used the standard array for my characteristics.

When I find a little time I'll write up a little backstory for Nyx and either post it in here or PM it to the GM.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Edit: Ok, had a bit of time togo over what I'd missed and edit the backstory properly.
Stat roll

From a young age Hlaine always wanted to explore, if he saw a river or a village from atop the trees he'd want to investigate but he was always told he was too young. Then, when that excuse no longer kept him in check he found nobody would accompany him, preferring instead to play games he had no interest in, so Hlaine set about exploring on his own. By the time he came of age he knew the area around his village better than almost anyone, even better than some of the village elders. A few close calls with wolves and other beasts taught him the advantage of caution, and his stealth steadily improved. When he came of age he opted to join the local military, quickly earning a reputation for stealth and for tracking which got him into scouting where he showed a knack for hunting and survival as well. Having served for 30 years and seeing no further prospects for advancement Hlaine left the military in search for more profitable ventures. He currently takes on anything from hunting monsters, especially the vile Orcs and Kobolds; to tracking down thieves and even, on one occasion, runaway children from rich households because the "distraught" parents were prepared to pay. Spending so much of his youth exploring alone Hlaine struggles to form strong bonds with people unless they have somehow won his trust, usually in combat. This has not been made easier by losing most of the few friends he managed to make  in the military.

Character Name: Hlaine Caober
Class & Level: Ranger: 1Background: Soldier/Scout Player Name: Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Race: Stout Halfling Alignment: Neutral Good Exp: 0 Age/Size: 53, 3ft 3" (Small)

Strength:
[8]
(-1Modifier)
Dexterity:
[18]
(+4 Modifier)
Constitution:
[14]
(+2 Modifier)
Intelligence:
[16]
(+3 Modifier)
Wisdom:
[14]
(+2 Modifier)
Charisma:
[8]
(-1 Modifier)
Proficiencies and
Languages:
  • Common, Halfling, Orcish
  • Simple and Martial weapons
  • Light armour, Medium armour, Shields
  • Gaming: Bone dice
  • Vehicles (land)
Inspiration: [__]
Saving Throws:
[ADV: Str, Dex]
Skills:
Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, Stealth, Survival
Armour Class: [15(+4)]
Intiative: [__]
Speed: [25]
Hit Point Total: [12]
Hit Dice: [1d10]
  • Mace | Atk Bonus | 1d6 bludgeoning
  • Longbow | Atk Bonus | 1d8 piercing (range 150/600)
Equipment:

• Longbow with 20 arrows
  • 2 x Mace
  • Leather armour
  • Common clothes
  • Bedroll
  • Mess Kit
  • Set of bone dice
  • Orc dagger taken from an enemy
Personality Traits: I tend to focus on survival in a tight spot. The job can always be finished later, unless you're dead.
Ideals: Winning is nice, surviving is better.
Bonds: I fight for those who fight for me.
Flaws: Impatience with those who revere bravado
Features and Traits:

• Lucky: When you roll a 1 on the d20 for an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
  • Brave. You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
  • Halfling Nimbleness. You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
  • Stout Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.
  • Favoured enemy: Kobolds and Orcs
  • Natural explorer: Forest

Roll for starting gold (5d4x10)
Gold: 140
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http