News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Blood Angel AV13 Spam to deal with Tau - 1850

Started by Arguleon-veq, June 26, 2013, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on June 28, 2013, 08:13:50 PM
Ive dominated Tau a few times by staying outside of their 36'' sweet spot but I find its only really possible when playing 'Hammer and Anvil', standard set up just leaves them too close to stay out of range for any decent amount of time.

Honestly I think it's funny that I never lost a Tau game in standard set up. Standard deplyment seems to benefit Tau a lot. The other two deployments I seen close games or losses in due to 36" range is not long enough. Hince why I added more long range to my list.

I am debating that riptides might actually be better than broadsides, due to that range issue. Also taking sniper drones ove broadsides become more enteresting.

I still think a riptide with 2 missile drones, ethereal with 2 drones, and a commander with a drones that has toughness 5 armour might not be a bad ideal as a gun platform. That will give me 8 models that will be toughness 6 in the unit due to majority toughness.