News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Cultist/Daemon List - 1850

Started by Arguleon-veq, October 06, 2012, 08:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

Heres what im thinking may well be my next competative list:

Lvl3 Sorc;
30 Cultists; 3 Heavy Stubbers
30 Cultists; 3 Heavy Stubbers
20 Cultists; 2 Heavy Stubbers
20 Cultists; 2 Heavy Stubbers
Helldrake; Hades Autocannon
Helldrake; Baleflamer
Defense Line; Quad Gun

Allies::

Kairos:
9 Screamers:
6 Flamers:
6 Plague Bearers: Icon
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Vyper

Man that looks nasty. Those screamers and flamers are almost too good at what they do and those blobs will just soak fire. And kairos and plague bearers can be a pretty effective bullet sponge.

Looks good overall and certainly shows how the new chaos dex is no longer marine focussed.
One thing that just came to me would be maybe trying a skyshield landing pad, as you can fit a fair few cultists on there and if fate weaver is nearby they will all have re-rollable 4+ invulnerable saves.  :o

Arguleon-veq

Thats pretty much what the Defense Line is for, just pile a load of cultists behind it for a nice cover. I may have to swap out the Sorc for a Dark Apostle to help with Cultist LD but a Lvl3 for 110 is such a bargain.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Vyper

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on October 06, 2012, 08:11:27 PM
Thats pretty much what the Defense Line is for, just pile a load of cultists behind it for a nice cover.

Hmm, and when they go to ground you will have re-rollable 2+ saves. :P

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on October 06, 2012, 08:11:27 PM
I may have to swap out the Sorc for a Dark Apostle to help with Cultist LD but a Lvl3 for 110 is such a bargain.

You could maybe consider lowering the size of one of the cultist squads/dropping a screamer or two to try and fit the apostle in?

Arguleon-veq

I would have to drop a plaguebearer, a screamer and make all my cultist units 20 strong. Not sure what would be best to be honest. I will have to play test with and without.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Vyper

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on October 06, 2012, 09:25:05 PM
I would have to drop a plaguebearer, a screamer and make all my cultist units 20 strong. Not sure what would be best to be honest. I will have to play test with and without.

Look forward to hearing how it goes. :)