News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Hazy lobbed Honesty to Swift Wing, before charging his horn. A straight up fight wasn't his usual approach, but then this was hardly a normal situaiton.

Mabbz

Pale Ale tossed the Element of Magic to Cloudy, then followed Plumber, Leather Wing and Cynder out the door. "If we get split up, where do we go?" Backlash quickly asked Cloudy as the captain was stowing the gem in a compartment his armour.

"The Memorial Gardens," he replied after a moment's thought. "It's pretty central and there's plenty of hiding places among the statues."

"Get moving!" ordered Hazy. "I'll hide you as best as I can."

Outside, Leather Wing was charging in a curved path towards Nightmare Moon, presenting the most obvious target he could without being suicidal. The distraction proved sufficient as the grinning Alicorn unleashed half a dozen telekinetic bolts at him. Only one hit and his armour absorbed the worst of it, but he was still sent hurtling backwards. Nightmare Moon's smile faded somewhat as she felt a pressure in her head. Glaring down, she spotted two unicorns. One was conjuring fire while the other was concentrating on some kind of mental attack. Irritated, she easily brushed away the influence, although while she was distracted, the air shimmered as three mostly invisible Pegasi darted out the building. Keeping low, they flew silently toward the gate, to lose themselves amongst the trees.

By now, Leather Wing had recovered and was again heading straight for the enemy. Before he could reach her though, she dissolved into a purplish mist dotted with stars. The mist spun itself into a tornado that hurtled into the midst of the Unicorns and Earth pony, knocking them sideways before reforming into pony form. Her horn ignited as she prepared to attack Pale, but suddenly she spotted three shapes heading through the gates. "A diversion," she snarled.

Thunder had nearly limped over to the group at that point, but hesitated as her mistress appeared. Faking a fall, she tried to look as hurt as she could. Since Nightmare Moon was distracted, Pale hurried over to help. "We can't fight her, she's too strong!" gasped the Pegasus.

Desperate to keep her away from the fleeing Pegasi, Hazy did the first thing he could think of; he shone the brightest light he could in the Alicorn's face. Suddenly blinded, Nightmare Moon span wildly, causing Plumber to swing wide with his wrench. Cynder flung a pair of fireballs at her, singing her coat and making her screech in anger.

It only took a few moments for her to recover, but when she looked around the Pegasi were nowhere to be seen. It would be nigh impossible for her to track them through the Everfree with that head start. She did however see Hazy, his horn glowing again. Before he could react, she grabbed him with her magic and flung him into a wall. Plumber reacted by smacking his plumbing tool against her Alicorn sized rear. This didn't seem to have much of an impact; Nightmare Moon simply hopped forward slightly with a startled squawk. The movement was slight, but it was enough to make Cynder's final fireball pass harmlessly behind her head rather than hitting it.

Status

Swift Shadow, Backlash and Cloudy have escaped and are heading around the edge of the city as a group

Leather Wing: unhurt, flying towards melee
Pale Ale: unhurt, helping Thunder up a short way behind NMM
Thunder: injured wing
Hazy: very dazed, unlikely to contribute much for the moment
Plumber: unhurt, possibly a little embarrassed, right behind NMM
Cynder: unhurt, to one side of NMM

Nightmare Moon: lightly singed, furious and possibly a little embarrassed and maybe aroused?

Narric

Cynder readied another volley of fireballs.
"Please Princess, stand down." Cynder called to Luna/Nightmare Moon. "What you're doing is only going to get ponies hurt!"

Mabbz

Nightmare Moon ignored Cynder's plea and evaporated into smoke again, this time flowing rapidly towards Plumber. Reforming directly in front of him, he didn't have time to dodge before her hoof came round and slapped him in the face. "How dare you presume to lay your weapon on my royal flank?!" she fumed as Plumber keeled over, dazed by the strike.

Glancing up, she spotted her former guard zooming toward her face, armoured hooves outstretched. Sidestepping, she allowed him to fly past and plough into the ground. He managed to avoid crashing, but nonetheless overshot. Pale and Cynder both tried to use magic on her, but both spells fizzled. Nightmare Moon noticed them though, and flung a few magical blasts in their direction. One struck Cynder and sent him sprawling, but he was unhurt aside from a few scrapes.

Recovering quickly, Leather Wing caught the Alicorn off guard and finally managed to actually land a strike on her. Without the big run up he'd been trying earlier, he wasn't able to achieve much, but he did at least send her stumbling sideways. Pale grabbed her in his telekinesis, unbalancing her enough to knock her to the floor. As Thunder and Plumber both hurried away from the fallen princess, Cynder once again flung a fireball at her, catching her in the shoulder and leaving a bald patch.

Hissing in pain, Nightmare Moon dissolved once more. As she disappeared into the night sky, she berated herself for her mistakes. Most of those ponies weren't even trained, yet they had escaped with the Elements and held their own in combat. She had underestimated them, as well as overestimating her vassal. I never should have trusted that fool, she thought. Not only is she incompetent, but cowardly as well. Nightmare Sky? Once I being my reign proper, she'll be Nightmare Janitor, Princess of scrubbing floors.

Status

Leather Wing: unharmed
Pale Ale: unharmed
Thunder: injured wing
Hazy: very dazed, unlikely to contribute much for the moment
Plumber: a little dazed
Cynder: unharmed

Nightmare Moon: moderately singed, furious and leaving

Narric

Cynder kept a trio of fireballs ready as he watched Nightmare Moondisappear. He didn't feel easy knowing their "enemy" could easily reappear whenever.

Mabbz

Leather Wing flew over to check on Hazy. He was very dizzy, forcing Leather to practically carry him over to the others. Once they were all assembled and Hazy was able to see straight, it was time to discuss the situation.

"I can't believe Luna would do this," Leather Wing muttered. "I know finding out how badly her plan went can't have been easy, but this? Attacking civillians, refusing to raise the sun, threatening her own sister? How could she?"

"Well when you find out, let me know," said Pale. "I'm going home. I have a family, I have to make sure they're safe. I'm going to take them away from here."

Narric

Cynder stepped forward and shook Pale Ales hoof.
"You stay safe." He said ernestly. "Princess Luna has seen you, so avoid being seen by her by yourself."

kingofmonkeys

Plumber looked somewhat dismayed when pale announced his intent.
"I'll miss you pale, I'd go home too but.. I just can't."
He offered a quick hoofbump to pale
"I'll.. see you around when this is all over maybe?"
Plumber tried to stifle a sniffle as his thoughts moved to home but wasn't entirely successful

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Narric

Cloudy Daze looked back and slowed his pace a touch, making Swift Wing and Backlash come up deside him and to fly slower.
"How well do you think they're doing?" he asked the two mares, a pang of concern in his voice.

"Battle is crucible in which all warriors are forged." Swift wing replied, deadpan. she didn't look back, nor react in any other way. She just kept her eyes on the horizon and her mind on their destination. So far as she could tell they were roughly half way around the city towards the castle were Princess Celestia would hopefully be waiting.

"Yes, and I'm sure you've never lost anyone important in that crucible" Cloudy responded to her. It was good to have such a stern soldier by his side, but he sometimes wondered if Swift Wing was too good at being emotionless.

Mabbz

"Come on," Hazy said after Pale had said his goodbyes and left. "We need to meet up with the others, find Princess Celestia and the other Elements and finish the job."

"Where are we meeting them?" asked Cynder as the ponies hurried after Hazy, trying to keep hidden in case Luna did come back for revenge.

"Better not say. We could be overheard, and if Luna got to them before we did, there's only three of them."

Narric

"Considering how much of a headstart they had, I'd assume Princess Luna to head directly to Princess Celestia to intercept the elements." Cynder puffed as they ran to the castle.

Mabbz

"Only if she knows where Celestia is," said Hazy, as he turned down a road leading away from the castle to confuse any pursuit.

Mabbz

About fifteen minutes later, the ponies were sneaking down yet another street. There had been no sign of Luna, or anything else for that matter. They had checked some of the buildings and found them deserted. "What do you think happened to everypony?" asked Plumber.

"I don't know," replied Leather Wing. "They probably saw the Princesses fighting and fled the city. I wouldn't be surprised if the guards went with them to keep them safe."

"Wouldn't they help Princess Celestia?"

"Many would want to, but plenty would want to help Princess Luna too. To be honest, there could have been a civil war."

"Unfortunately true," said a voice from a nearby alley. "But as nopony wanted that they were happy to leave this disagreement to my sister and I. A pity, as I am sure with their help this could have been over by now."

A large figure emerged from the alley. Princess Celestia had definitely seen better days. There were numerous cuts and bruises, and she looked even more tired than they were. Despite this, her eyes were filled with cold determination.

Pegasus Wing Alpha, as no one had called them, had been circling round to the southern gate. As they reached it they saw lights in the distance, south of the city. The ground leading out of the gate was a mess of hoofprints, all heading towards the lights.

"I guess that's where all the civillians went."

Narric

Mabbz

"Arise, my little ponies," the princess said after a moment's pause. "I saw my sister attacking you earlier, but I was too far away and in any case I couldn't risk revealing myself without the Elements. I am pleased to see you escaped with your lives. Now tell me; why did she try to harm you in the first place? Up until now she's seemed more concerned with finding me than harrassing my subjects."