News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

update tau

Started by raiza(archer), June 28, 2012, 11:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raiza(archer)

I haven;t played 40k in a while and I want to get back into into it is there anything new since 4th edition, like new codex and new edition rules and also what are latest armies that have received new codex since grey knights

The Man They Call Jayne

The 6th Edition rulebook comes out on Saturday. I'd leave all judgement till then.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Kim Sho

Last army updated in 5th edition were necrons, and that was November last year.

As jayne said 6th edition is Saturday, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

6th rules seem to point to a few changes to how power weapons work in the new edition, along with how vehicles are damaged.

Tau are also rumoured to be updated sometime in 2013 but that is purely speculation since the rumour blackout, no one i really 100% sure what is coming far down the line.

We will likely get a new tau FAQ after 6th edition comes out.

Hope that helps.

Narric

Sorry to seem to discredit you Kim Sho, but I'm sure I heard Tau were getting a end of 2012 release, with Black Templar (though looking at the Evidence, I'd say Dark Angels) being the Space Marines getting a shiny new Codex first.

If it turns out my info is outdated rumour, then I'm sorry.

El ShasOcho

Most recent I have heard is early 2013. I suspect now it is CSM, DA, then Tau.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Pottsey

With all the new finecast Tau models I do not see any codex update anytime soon.

The Man They Call Jayne

New finecast Tau? Which are these? We have an FC Ethereal. I though that was it.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: The Primarch They Call Magnus on June 28, 2012, 07:53:59 PM
New finecast Tau? Which are these? We have an FC Ethereal. I though that was it.
There was a list launched recently that detailed that the tau were getting just about everything metal redone in Finecast. This includes the Kroot Upgrades as well as seperate upgrade clampacks for Broadsides and O'Shovah.

The Man They Call Jayne

Quote from: Begel Dverl on June 28, 2012, 07:55:57 PM
There was a list launched recently that detailed that the tau were getting just about everything metal redone in Finecast. This includes the Kroot Upgrades as well as seperate upgrade clampacks for Broadsides and O'Shovah.

Really? Crap. Finecast sucks. Just give us normal plastic.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: The Primarch They Call Magnus on June 28, 2012, 07:56:50 PM

Really? klkn. Finecast sucks. Just give us normal plastic.
Knowing GW, they probably won't. It would be cool if we got plastic Incubi or at least a plastic Warboss, but they'll just give you the Finecast.

knightperson

The ones from that list that I truly can't comprehend are the pathfinders, vespid, and especially the kroot hounds. Kroot hounds, more than any other metal in the Tau army, need to be plastic. Finecast (or white-metal) is for models that you don't need many of. Kroot hounds and vespid are not centerpiece models that you build an army around; they are only viable in large quantities. Which means plastic. ARE YOU LISTENING, YOU IDIOTS AT GW????
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Pottsey

Quote from: knightperson on June 29, 2012, 09:33:54 PM

The ones from that list that I truly can't comprehend are the pathfinders, vespid, and especially the kroot hounds. Kroot hounds, more than any other metal in the Tau army, need to be plastic. Finecast (or white-metal) is for models that you don't need many of. Kroot hounds and vespid are not centerpiece models that you build an army around; they are only viable in large quantities. Which means plastic. ARE YOU LISTENING, YOU IDIOTS AT GW????
GW just effectively dropped the price around half for hounds by changeing over to finecast and increasing the amount per pack to 4.