News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Narrics' Dungeon Crawler RP - [Stuff is Happening thread]

Started by Narric, August 02, 2013, 06:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railgun Convention

Greg huffed, and drew out a torch from his pack. He lit it, stowing his new weapon to do so, and followed the summon into the chamber.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

The Man They Call Jayne

Following the others Ozkar kept a careful eye out in case of any traps.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

Kira also followed Greg into the chamber, glancing up at the ceiling in case of traps up there. She'd been caught by ceiling traps in the past.

Narric

Spoiler
DM INfo
Number of Hostile NPCs that will Attack = 5
Random hostiles = 4 Giant Spiders, 1 Drider Lurker
Random Weapons = Drider Lurker equiped with Crossbow.

Creature Info:
Drider Lurker
Def = 10

Giant Spider
Def = 5

As the lantern light fills you room, you all know you're surrounded. Clicking and hissing fils the air around you. The ceiling is covered with webs, of varying sizes, but you're more concerned about the creatures facing you. There are four giant Spiders crawling on the pillars, and to the east, a Drider stands readying his Crossbow.

The Spiders leap down onto the floor, and slower creep towards you, showing their fangs.

Mabbz

Number of actions: 2
Shooting at Drider: 16
DAM: 3

Kira did a quick bit of target priority and figured the Drider was the most immediate threat. She snapped off a crossbow round at it, wounding it. Unfortunately the wound didn't look particularly major, so she prepared another bolt.

Shooting at Drider: 10
DAM: 6

Well, that went well. Now to wait and see if the thing would die.

The Man They Call Jayne

"Detente! Over there! Kill the Spider!"

There was a thunk as Kiras bolt buried itself in the Drider.

"Understood" The Golem began to move more rapidly, the constant cloud of dust he generated by absorbing all the dust in the chamber helped obscure the  party from the cross bow. He lashed out with he giant rocky fists, striking the creature in the head."

[1 Attack.
Strike = 1d6+3 ? [3,3] = (6).
DAM = 2d6 ? [4,6] = (10)]

As DT performed his task Ozkar turned to one of the approaching spiders. "Very well, my turn. Lashing out with his staff he sent a hail of stones crashing into the nearest beast. Then a second Salvo into next one.

[Attacks = 1d3+1 ? [1,1] = (2)
Cast Salvo of Stones: 1d20 ? [13] = (13)
Strike = 2d6+2 ? [5,3,2] = (10)
DAM =3d4 ? [2,1,1] = (4)

Cast Salvo of Stones = 1d20 ? [14] = (14) (phew. . .)
Strike = 2d6+2 ? [1,1,2] = (4)
DAM = 3d4 ? [2,2,4] = (8 )]

Railgun Convention

Number of actions: 4
Greg, despite being only partially prepared, moved quickly; he placed the lantern on the floor, drew the hammer...

2d6=5, 2d6=9
and smashed the two nearest spiders as they tried to lunge at him. That left the remaining spider on his left, so he spun to block it with his shield.

Narric

Spoiler
DM Info
Kira Exp gained = 12 [Shared Drider Kill]
Ozkar Exp gained = 28 [2x Giant Spiders, Golem Kills, Successful Magic]
Greg Exp gained = 14 [2x Giant Spiders]

The first bolt from Kiras' Crossbow struck the Drider true, penetrating its chitinous body with ease. The Drider tried to recover itself, but was both smashed by a rocky fist of the Golem, as well as a second bolt to its face. The Drider lay limp on the ground, close the the arch-way to the east.

Ozkars own attack on the Giant Spiders was equally effective. His Salvo of Stones spell easily killing the creatures.

Greg was the clean-up. With his newly found Masonry Hammer, he made short work of the last two spiders.

As the air fell still from the combat, the party began to relax, with the imminent threat

The Man They Call Jayne

"So. . .looting? Who's up for looting? I feel like looting."

[Looting = 2d8 ? [6,7] = (13)] (assuming looting success is the same as searching)

Mabbz

"That's my line, mage," grumbled Kira, making a beeline for the Drider

2d8=4

Railgun Convention

2d8=7

"Considering the last one turned to dust, I don't think you'll find anything useful on that Drider." Greg instead made a beeline for the cobwebs - perhaps the spiders had stashed something shiny up there.

Narric

Map
DM Info
The Strange Wind from before swept through the chamber as the party began to move. The remains of the enemies shifted asparts turned to dust.

Ozkar was easily shoved aside by the impetuous Theif. He decided to search the remains of the Spiders. Surely something was useful on them. Three were covered in a strange Silk. It felt as soft as surface silk, but was also a little bit sticky. it was also tricky to tear. Maybe it was useful?
The third spider was less smashed than the others, so its body chitin was for the most part intact. It was obviously a lot smaller than the Drider, so its armour would probably be best for a shield of some sort.

Kira was far luckier. Clutched in a cold grip, was the Driders Crossbow. It was in fairly good condition. There was also a quiver, but not many Bolts within it. The rest of the Drider had already turned to dust.

Greg pulled down the various cobwebs. It was the same material as the Silk Ozkar had found on the Spiders.

In the flickering light, creatures moved in the joining chamber.

The Man They Call Jayne

Taking what he could of the silk mage decided that he had no real use for a shield and informed Greg of it in case he could use it.

Mabbz

Similarly, Kira already had a crossbow so she decided to offer it to the others.

Railgun Convention

"Lemme take a look at that..." Greg took the crossbow, slinging it across his back with a handful of bolts. A ranged weapon might come in useful, if a large room turned up somewhere.