News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Theocratic Heresy Gameplay Thread

Started by InsaneTD, August 25, 2013, 09:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rarity Declis

Orson stepped in, brushing the rain off his coat. Well, "rain" in large quotations. The condensation from the surrounding buildings was humid to almost choking, and the planet's gravity felt the Emperor's himself was testing both faith and lumbar support. His planet had a calmer 0.7 Terran Gravities. The planet itself was as oppressive as the people, a somewhat ominous omen, but one didn't prove his faith in the Emperor by sampling delicacies!

As the door closed behind him, he closed his eyes for a few seconds to allow himself time to adapt to the gloom; even the lower Hive on Sanctity IV was a much nicer view than this dingy little place; he corrected himself- No, the darkness here would soon be lifted with the Emperor's Light! The man in the bar said he knew some people who could use his Faith to help lift the darkness and test his own. Go see Dariel, he said.

Promptly, Orson looked up. "I'm sorry, which one of you are Dariel?" He let his bright green eyes wander over the three as he shook the water off his cloak; he hoped the greasy air wouldn't get the smell into the feathers. He had a look at those in the room.

One of them was wearing a deep red. Ah, a member of the Ommnissian cult. An accepted deviation, if wrong. Tall, as well. A few pieces of metal glinted in the dark, but there seemed to be eyes and hair- not a devout follower then. Perhaps he could be swayed to the true Faith? A pile of books that seems to stand over protectively... a devout reader? Intelligent, certainly.

Next to him, a large man. Bloodshot eyes and a birthmark. Lower born, likely. Drug addict? Lho sticks? Obscura? Something else? A ring of bone. Certainly lower-born, thought Orson. Ex gang member, judging by his build. Was he... was he wearing armour indoors? How uncultured of him! Could certainly use the Emperor's Light. Orson moved his cloak to hang on the wall hook.

He moved his already large eyes to the next member of the party, and his hand moved to the haft of his axe. The malign influence of the Dark Ones was within this one. His other hand made half the sign of the God Emperor, one wing and the head with the thumb, and under his breath he hissed "Witch...", before halting himself. For was not the Emperor himself blessed with a million such beings every three years?

He gulps, and nods to himself, before sweeping into a low bow. "My name is Orson of House Shylocke and His Majestic Highness, the God-Emperor of Mankind." He stood to his straightest, still smaller than the rest, and younger. "May I ask which of you is Dariel? I've been told he is going through a tough time and will require the guidance of the God-Emperor."

Mabbz

"We speak for Dariel, for the time being. May I ask who told you to find him, and what help they said you could provide?" asked Nefarian, deciding that revealing the truth about them too early was an unnecessary risk.

Rarity Declis

"I was told nothing more than I would be given a quest that would test my Faith, and my job was to protect the Faith of others. I would be told more when I arrived."

Orson cast his mind back. "As for the fellow... I don't know, I got drunk in the Lower Hive a few weeks ago and the next morning, I got an invitation with this address and a ticket on a cargo ship." Orson beamed widely, moving aside from Witch and putting his case down.

"If you speak for Dariel, then I suppose I help you, in whatever it is you're doing..." He leans in. "Umm... what are you doing?"

Mabbz

The story sounded infuriatingly familiar. "Unfortunately we can't tell you much, since we weren't told much. We were recruited for a some kind of investigation. All we were told was to come here using the alias Dariel and investigate. We weren't told what to investigate, we were just given a list of addresses. I was rather hoping you would know more."

Rarity Declis

"I suppose then we investigate the list of addresses. The God-Emperor will show us the rest." He looks around. "Shall we go and knock on doors?"

The Man They Call Jayne

Janas watched the mans hand flicked to his weapon. A typical response that he was more than used to. He ignored it and remained silent. There was nothing for him to say, no special information that he could impart in this situation, and nothing that needed to be lit on fire. He would prove his worth and his loyalty when the time came, other peoples beliefs be damned.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Jaspar eyed the newcomer suspiciously. They hadn't been told to expect someone to meet them here, but then again, they hadn't been told much of anything. He smiled slightly to himself as he saw the man's reaction to his appearance and wondered which of the usual assumptions had been made about him.

The newcomer made Jaspar uneasy. He had faith in the Emperor, as did the psyker presumably, and the tech adept had his own faith, but to so blindly assume that the Emperor would "guide their path" was so far from Jaspar's experience it was difficult to know how to react. He'd been raised on a shrineworld, but even there the level of piety the priest was showing was reserved for special occasions.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Mabbz

"Right, we have three addresses, not counting this hotel. One of them is apparently a contact in the administratum that is supposed to help us, and the other two are locations to be investigated. Unless anyone has one already, I suggest we find a map of the city to help us navigate, before checking out the contact. It's hard to investigate something if we don't know what to look for."

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"We could also do with knowing what kind of area we're going into. None of us are exactly going to blend in if it's an upper class estate, we need to be prepared for that." replied Jaspar.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

InsaneTD

Nefarian turned towards the entertainment unit set up in the main area, "Maybe we can get some of that info here." Sitting at the desk next to the unit, he boots it up as the others sit on the lounges facing the unit. The unit boots up quickly and displays two options, Log On and Entertainment. Choosing log on, Nefarian watches it come up with two user options, Tarquinius Dionysius and guest. Curious he clicks on Tarquinius Dionysius. A panel in the desk opens and a hand print scanner raises out of it while on screen the unit demands an audio sample and password. Nefarian then clicks on the X in the upper corner and then chooses guest, "That seems mildly paranoid." "Could be whoever bought us here." Suggested Janas. "We aren't likely to find out soon." Jasper said as he checked the addresses on his data-slate, "These other two addresses still need to be checked and we still need that map."

Nefarian quickly found a map of the city, downloading it to everyones data-slates before bringing up a search option. He quickly found the addresses, "This one is a small drinking establishment near the sea docks, and this other one appears to be a warehouse about half way between the docks and the Spaceport. Though I can't find any more info about the Warehouse, the drinking establishment is called Crovos Nidum. " Both Jasper and Orson piping up with, "Crow's Nest?" Before Orson Continued with, "What is it with this planet and Crows?" At the blank looks he continued, "Pântano do Corvo Translates as Marsh Crow."
"Maybe this planets "crows" are the reason it's a death world?" added Janas to Orson's surprise. "Death World? What do you mean, Death World?" Orson Asked.
"The Briefing, and I use the term loosely, we were given on the way here had info on the planet being shown. It is listed as a Death World but we still don't know why."Nefarian explained as he quickly searched for more info on the planet. What he found, nobody liked. "Giant Snakes?" asked Janas in Shock.
"Giant Snakes that could swallow a Leman Russ." Added Jaspar
"Well now we know why the city is out here at sea... And lets hope we don't have to go to the mainland" Orson said before adding, "What can you find about Dariel. And this Tarquinius?"

"I can't find anything on this Tarquinius Dionysius... And Dariel returns too many hits by itself." Nefarian thought for a moment before adding their current location to the search terms. "Hmm... That helped... He seems to be a business man... Owns several buildings in this city including this one. Maybe we should check these out if we have time?" He asked as he downloaded the info to everyone's data-slates.

Going back to the first search he added, "The owner of the bar seems to be a man called... Django Reynolds. Where should we start, the bar, the contact or the warehouse?"

"Giant Snakes?" Janas asked again.

Mabbz

"Yes, giant snakes. Stop saying that" said Nefarian, rolling his eyes. "I personally think we should Look at the warehouse first. The bar and the contact will involve us asking questions, and right now we don't know what to ask. If we can find out what is store in the warehouse, it will help direct our inquiries."

The Man They Call Jayne

'Why did it have to be snakes?' thought Janas. It wasn't that they frightened him, they were just a bloody pest. They were tails with faces! How did nobody find that weird?

"If we go to the warehouse and we run afoul of security, we may find ourselves in a tighter spot than we wish to be in. Are we sure we can get in undetected?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

"No, but we're going to have to check it out at some point and I don't see any great value in waiting. I'd rather go there first than start asking questions in a bar that might draw attention to us without gaining anything because we don't know what to ask. The same goes for the informant; if the rest of this mission is any indication, he wont know about us or our goals and will be expecting us to ask questions."

InsaneTD

OOC: Got one for warehouse, one for not warehouse, where do you lot want to check out first?

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"In a bar we can at least pretend we're just looking for a drink. We have no such pretense at the warehouse yet, as such the bar is the better option."

Mkoll wins.

[img]http