News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

New Eldar Stuff (PICS)

Started by Begel Dverl, May 19, 2013, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Quote from: Begel Dverl on May 21, 2013, 02:17:14 AM
Quote from: Masked Thespian on May 20, 2013, 05:25:48 PM
Hey guys.

I know this is News and Rumours, and that the whole point of it is to share upcoming models, but with the recent issues that Bell of Lost Souls and Faeit212 had recently for doing the same thing I've had to delete the posts with pictures from an upcoming White Dwarf, because I sure as heck don't want the Banhammer of GW coming down on us here at 2S.

I really am sorry about this.
I don't mind, you're just doing your job.

At least you couldn't see the pics in the first place :P

I seen it on the bols sight. It looks like it has a pot belly. I don't understand the need for the model due to wraithlords really. Keeping in mind with T7 Daemons and T8 Wraithlords. I am gusing it will be toughness 8, strength 10, with a 3 plus and a +5 cover save as my wag.

Just been on the pins of war and saw a size comparison of the Wraithknight in an Eldar army. It makes a wraithlord look like an eldar guardiand standing next to a wraithlord. I would say 2x bigger than a wraithlord, but it looks almost 3x bigger.

It's fair to say it's big. When standing next to the flyer stem a flyer flying at that level would hit I.. if you are looking for a moving cover save for your flyers this thing is it.

I would post pictures or a link, but MT scares me.

Cammerz

Well here's a link they will let us post, Eldar up for Advance Order;
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

First thing I notice, Dire Avengers now come in a box of 5 for over £20. That just seems ridiculous.

The flyer kit looks okay, plastic wraithguard are a welcome sight and the best model of all in my opinion is the new Farseer.

Narric

The Knight is a scaled down Revenant :P though somehow Armoured Core got its hands on it.

So far, the only thing GW have done right is bring back Bike Squadrons for £20, and make Wraithguard Plastic and in a boxset for £30.

Is anyone seriously thinking about staying with GW after this?

The Man They Call Jayne

£70?

Do they just arbitrarily slap prices on things and assume people won't notice?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

salamut2202

I saw an article on Bell of Lost Souls (linky) about 6th edition making expansions redundant. It is in that context which I feel for the wraith knight. It is the eldar stompa.

Wargamer

Why the hell they didn't just make the Nightwing plastic I will never know... that flyer is ugly.

I think this is where the line is drawn; I'm out. I don't even see myself buying the book as reference material.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Arkitek

Quote from: Wargamer on May 25, 2013, 02:57:57 PM
Why the hell they didn't just make the Nightwing plastic I will never know... that flyer is ugly.

I think this is where the line is drawn; I'm out. I don't even see myself buying the book as reference material.
Yeah, forget this, let's go play Dystopian Wars.
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Jonagon

Quote from: Wargamer on May 25, 2013, 02:57:57 PM

I like it, reminds me a bit of a klingon ship though.

Narric

Anyone else notice that you can have an Exarch Flyer? :P

And the way you differentiate the two models is a single piece on tp of the model ::)

Can't agree with the Klingon Warship comparison. :-\

I like how the Rangers have a Special character now, as most of the other non-vehicle units did.

Anyone have theories to why Dire Avengers are now double the £/$ cost as before?

salamut2202

Quote from: Narric on May 26, 2013, 10:22:20 AM

And the way you differentiate the two models is a single piece on tp of the model ::)
Any possibility of pointing that difference to me? I must be blind.

Arguleon-veq

I think its looking like a good release.

The wraithknight is actually a serious bargain, the smaller FW eldar titan is only 25% bigger than this thing yet its 3 times the cost with less weapon options. Compared to say a wraithlord which is about half the cost of this thing your getting way more than double the model, the wraithlord is knee height on it.

Wraithguard have dropped £25 from a unit of 10 and your getting extra options.

The only thing that is really bad are the fact dire avengers are so expensive.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Narric

Quote from: salamut2202 on May 26, 2013, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: Narric on May 26, 2013, 10:22:20 AM

Any possibility of pointing that difference to me? I must be blind.
Maybe I shouldn't have had them on different lines :P

First I'm noting that a Vehicle can be given a similar title to a squad leader (as only in Spearhead did Squadron leaders really get used), and then went on to point out the stupidity of making the only visual difference between the two statlines was swapping one piece of a model. This is the kind of logic behind Infantry, not vehicles. Thats all I was trying to say.

Thantos

Its a bit love and hate with this release for me.

I love the plastic wraithguard, they are big, they are awesome sculpts with plenty of character, and a unit is cheaper than before. May crank up the wraithwall army again when i get some free time in a month or two ;D I reckon with the aid of an airbrush, even i could paint a unit in less than a month :P

New farseer by Jess Goodwin is awesome, great pose and detail, as is the ranger special character - love the pose, very dynamic - kind of reminds me of the Infinity snipers.

On the other hand, i hate the Wraithseer. Static pose, weird palm gem thing covering up how the sculptor cant sculpt hands, should have let jess do it! Ill be getting the farseer and sticking a wraithseer head on it!

Also dont like the price of that codex! £30? That's taking the tuk'me, and i am usually one of those who doesnt complain about the prices! Anyone else remember when a dex was £10? A generous mean inflation of 3.2% over 12 years makes that £10 dex from 12 years ago, now £14.50 ... not £30 at a 200% higher price...
Puts me off buying it since id use it mainly for art and background.

Kind of impartial on the WraithKnight, i think with some conversion work, there could be some great minis made with the kit.
On the whole, im glad elder are getting new minis. Cant wait to see what the next wave of releases will be

The Man They Call Jayne

In fairness to the codex price, the quality of the books is FAR superior now.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 27, 2013, 10:57:50 AM
In fairness to the codex price, the quality of the books is FAR superior now.
I've heard that the newer Codexi are prone to warping.

Here is what i'm talking about:
http://h2lat40k.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/codex-warp.html

Considering the only Codex I've had to either replace with the same book is Tau +, I don't want a £30 to start breaking as soon as I take the film off it.

+ I had to replace my Tau Codex becuase it was litterally falling apart at the seems. It lasted near four times as long as the SMurf Codex, and was still quite usuable despite falling apart. It was replaced because whenever i took it to my LGS, I felt embarassingly unprofessional in my gaming and hobby in general.