News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Ork Rumours: Bring your salt!

Started by BigToof, March 22, 2014, 02:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Narric on March 30, 2014, 04:29:49 PM
Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 30, 2014, 01:02:07 PM
As for the old Fleet fitting with the army, it fits with Tyranids just as well and even more so with Dark Eldar, but 'Nids don't have it and Dark Eldar almost certainly won't either.
Wasn't the nid codex written by someone else? I doupt the two codexi would have been playtested against eachother and Its an even bigger stretch to assume the writers had the idea for Run & Assault special Rules whilst writing. Maybe the Nid writer was more Shooty in mind, and the Ork more combat?

Stormboyz can attack fliers? So why can't Gargoyles, Assault Marines/Raptors, Swooping Hawks?
See previous statement :P
Umm..the Tyranid codex didn't have a single author, it was group written. Which is why it's insanely balanced by comparison, so whoever writes the new Ork codex would know the thought process behind Tyranids and work from that. Bearing in mind that the 2 are supposed to play fairly similarly but with more tech on behalf of the Orks (vehicles) and more big beasties/fast buggers for 'Nids. :P

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on March 24, 2014, 12:28:03 PM
Eldar being able to run and shoot or shoot and run was unprecidented.
No it wasn't, Tyranids can do it if they cast Onslaught on a unit. ;)
Nid Onslaught is an extra step to take, rather than in inate ability.
It's an extra step, yes, but it is still capable of acting as a precedent for the rule coming into effect.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

CoffeeGrunt

I dunno, they've been moving towards nerfing Combat in every Codex so far. Tyranids losing re-rolls on Scything Talons and Attacks on most models, Kroot being made more shooty, even Marines have becomes more shooty.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 30, 2014, 05:38:19 PM
As for the old Fleet fitting with the army, it fits with Tyranids just as well and even more so with Dark Eldar, but 'Nids don't have it and Dark Eldar almost certainly won't either.
Wasn't the nid codex written by someone else? I doupt the two codexi would have been playtested against eachother and Its an even bigger stretch to assume the writers had the idea for Run & Assault special Rules whilst writing. Maybe the Nid writer was more Shooty in mind, and the Ork more combat?

Stormboyz can attack fliers? So why can't Gargoyles, Assault Marines/Raptors, Swooping Hawks?
See previous statement :P
Umm..the Tyranid codex didn't have a single author, it was group written. Which is why it's insanely balanced by comparison, so whoever writes the new Ork codex would know the thought process behind Tyranids and work from that. Bearing in mind that the 2 are supposed to play fairly similarly but with more tech on behalf of the Orks (vehicles) and more big beasties/fast buggers for 'Nids. :P
Ah, my mistake.

And now I can't help but note that the Nid dex had a figurative Hive Mind behind its creation :P

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on March 30, 2014, 06:57:52 PM
I dunno, they've been moving towards nerfing Combat in every Codex so far. Tyranids losing re-rolls on Scything Talons and Attacks on most models, Kroot being made more shooty, even Marines have becomes more shooty.
Having not played many games this edition, I personally hadn't noticed such a trend.