News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

6th Ed Starter Set Details

Started by BigToof, August 08, 2012, 07:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Hi All,
There's been plenty of rumours going around about the starter set.
Latest batch below:
via beerogre at Beasts of War
Chaos Cultists are in!

That
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Will's on Fire

Well, i'm massively excited about the fact there IS a mini rulebook, I heard rumour that there wasn't, and I'm glad it's wrong. Not having to buy, and then lug around the big rulebook is a great reason to buy the set. Let alone the Dark Angel HQ choices that sound really cool, and I may have to buy with mates just for them.

It sounds like Chaos are going to be having a new codex soon, and with the models released in this set it seems like it should be a good one.

- Will

Narric

Dark Vengeance? Hellbrute? Chaos Dreadknight?

Quoteresplendent with his erect Power Sword!
Dear god, make the mental images go away  :facepalm001:

Overall sounds good. Might pick it up this edition. I sort'of missed last editions starter set, becuase I didn't want any Orks. Which is kind of a weird reason as I bought the fantasy starter twice, despite not wanting Skaven :P

knightperson

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on August 08, 2012, 08:05:34 PM
Dark Vengeance? Hellbrute? Chaos Dreadknight?

Quoteresplendent with his erect Power Sword!
Dear god, make the mental images go away  :facepalm001:

"You have the ring. And I see your Schwarz is as big as mine!"
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

InsaneTD

Two armies I don't play in 40k and no friends who do. Still, I want the little rulebook. Though I don't need templates as I have a set. Wish they'd start selling the little rulebook by itself.

crisis_vyper

I don't know.....I mean I like the Chaos stuff, but right now I am nowhere near my Chaos Marines army and also I am now focusing on my Dark Eldar while I am in the US. Will have to see how attractive the models will be before I throw my money away....:shifty:

Cammerz

I'll wait and see what the Chaos models are like first of all, I might look into buying this set however I'm more likely to wait until the next Codex: CSMs comes out so I can just pick up the inevitable multi-part plastic kit of cultists (at which point, given that I'll have the codex, I'll know that they fit into my army and what combination I want).

I'm still glad that they're doing this as both armies really deserve updating.

The Man They Call Jayne

I will definatly be getting this set. I am looking to really kick off with my chaos army and these new toys look like great fun. Especially all those cultists as fodder.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Schev

The nice thing about the starter set is the armies in it should make a decent force for allies, if nothing else. Not saying they'll be the most competitive choices you could take from either army, but nice added diversity for friendly games if they are armies you wouldn't have otherwise.

Matt1785

Meh, I'm not a fan of either army unfortunately, and the idea that they're making something perhaps similar to the Dreadknight for Chaos Space Marines is rather silly in my opinion...  Are they not going to get Daemon Princes anymore?

I will have to see the models to make a final decision but overall I just want the tiny rulebook.

Chrono

i'm interested to see these cultists, and will GW release a seperate kit for them too?. i really hope this new chaos dex that's commin will have more variety and options than our current, uber plain and boring dex

Tom

Quote from: Chrono on August 10, 2012, 12:08:34 PM
i'm interested to see these cultists, and will GW release a seperate kit for them too?.

I'm not sure GW will release separate kits for them. The deffkoptas from AoBR don't have their own kit, neither do many of the units from the Island of Blood set from warhammer. That said, it's not a big problem as it will be easy to find them for sale separately from bits websites and surely cultists in particular come in all sorts of shapes and sizes so they'll be easy to convert once you have the incentive that you can actually field them.

Narric

Quote from: Tom on August 10, 2012, 12:50:44 PM
Quote from: Chrono on August 10, 2012, 12:08:34 PM
i'm interested to see these cultists, and will GW release a seperate kit for them too?.

I'm not sure GW will release separate kits for them. The deffkoptas from AoBR don't have their own kit, neither do many of the units from the Island of Blood set from warhammer. That said, it's not a big problem as it will be easy to find them for sale separately from bits websites and surely cultists in particular come in all sorts of shapes and sizes so they'll be easy to convert once you have the incentive that you can actually field them.
Wouldn't it make money-sense for Gw not to produce kits for units specially made for Starter set?

Think about it, people buy the Starter sets for Deffkoptas and that Skaven upgrade that has a name that escapes me.

Once the new/next Starter comes out, there is a chance GW would produce the kits, as they'll have a rough idea of the sales that said new kits would give them.

InsaneTD

Or that make more money by making people buy a expensive box for 3 models. How much is the current 40k boxset? It's over 100 here in Aus.

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on August 11, 2012, 07:41:51 AM
Or that make more money by making people buy a expensive box for 3 models. How much is the current 40k boxset? It's over 100 here in Aus.