News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

February: Tau and Eldar Flyers

Started by BigToof, January 11, 2013, 06:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Hi All,
Please don't stone me if this isn't true.

From Faeit 212:

via an internal Games Workshop source
Next White Dwarf will feature aerial battle using campaign of fire rules and NEW flyers

Tau receive a flyer and data sheet for it.  Fast attack choice. Armor 11 all around. Non tau pilot. Looks like a manta ray flying backwards.  Bs 4 super sonic. S6 ap4 missiles. Off center gun heavy 6 str 5 ap 4 twin linked or single small blast Str 8 ap 2.

Eldar flyer and data sheet for it. Very similar stats to dark eldar flyer has missile lock, has distortion missiles.smaller fighter looks like elongated vyper.

The harpy for tyranids. Nothing to note. Not a dual kit. 
The final surprise.  A fourth flyer.  The long awaited dark eldar bomber.

--------------------

Heavens, I hope this is real.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Chicop76

No harridan. I want a harridan. It's mention in my nid book and would be awesome.

InsaneTD

The Harridan is the Nid equiv of the Maurader heavy bomber. Don't expect it in anything other.then Apoc.

Sounds like the Tau flyer is armed like the Tigarshark A-whatever-it's-called. But that's got heavier armour and SPs. Meh, non-forge world Tau Flyer will be nice. Now I just need the cash for one. :P

knightperson

"non Tau pilot." I wonder what that means. Probably this demiurg, return-of-the-squats thing that I keep hearing about. Regardless, it sounds like quite a bit of firepower surrounded by standard flyer armor. I think I'd rather have Tau air caste, or even Kroot, but whatever.

I just had a crazy thought. If the scales were compatible, I would find an old Millenium Falcon model and put a fire warrior where Han Solo sits and a Kroot where Chewbacca sits and use that as my "counts as"!
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on January 11, 2013, 06:27:11 PM
Hi All,
Please don't stone me if this isn't true.

From Faeit 212:

via an internal Games Workshop source
Next White Dwarf will feature aerial battle using campaign of fire rules and NEW flyers

Tau receive a flyer and data sheet for it.  Fast attack choice. Armor 11 all around. Non tau pilot. Looks like a manta ray flying backwards.  Bs 4 super sonic. S6 ap4 missiles. Off center gun heavy 6 str 5 ap 4 twin linked or single small blast Str 8 ap 2.

Eldar flyer and data sheet for it. Very similar stats to dark eldar flyer has missile lock, has distortion missiles.smaller fighter looks like elongated vyper.

The harpy for tyranids. Nothing to note. Not a dual kit. 
The final surprise.  A fourth flyer.  The long awaited dark eldar bomber.

--------------------

Heavens, I hope this is real.

Best,
-BT

I have taken a lot of salt in preparation of reading this particular rumour at Faeit 212. But seriously, GW sure knows how to screw me over somehow. Just when I was already underway to stop Dark Eldar for a while and play my spanking new Ravenwing and assembling the models, they gave me the unit that I have been looking forward all this while but gave up hope for. :shifty:

They are a magnificient Coven of Haemonculi. I will be buying three of those please.  :facepalm001:

Cammerz

Well, I do hope the Tau flyer looks good but I always worry about things like this, what if it was designed by the same guy who did that new DA land speeder?

I'm going to reserve all judgement until I see pictures. Fingers-crossed.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Cammerz on January 11, 2013, 07:33:19 PM
Well, I do hope the Tau flyer looks good but I always worry about things like this, what if it was designed by the same guy who did that new DA land speeder?

I'm going to reserve all judgement until I see pictures. Fingers-crossed.

Um......you do not really have much of a choice. Flyers are everywhere now. :P

And agreed on the pics, but still that will not change the fact that I will get three Voidravens when it comes out.

Cammerz

Just had a look on the Faeit 212 webpage, they've now posted this;

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/flyers-and-daemons-more-rumors-releases.html#more

So it looks like it will be an Air caste pilot however this lot might be in March not February, but Daemons are also coming soon.

Railgun Convention

Sounds like they took a Barracuda and gave it a choice between a souped-up burst cannon or a high strength plasma cannon... Some sort of variable strength pulse plasma cannon, perhaps?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

crisis_vyper

Whatever it is, the Tau players will be happy...sort of.  :shifty:

InsaneTD

I think the off-center gun might be two different options. But I go no idea what they are. Can't think of any Tau weapons with those profiles.

The Man They Call Jayne

The Tau one sounds like an old style Long Barreled Burst Cannon, kinda sucky, I was hoping for Missile Pod stats at least. And a Plasma Blast for use of ground targets. And S6 AP4 Missile? What did Seekers suddenly get dropped?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

Yup Daemons codex update coming out again. Waiting to see how they nerf, I mean improve my army. Waiting for that White Dwarf. I pray it does not change too much. I heard more negative about it than positive.