News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Warriors of Chaos Confirmed for February (with Pics)

Started by Begel Dverl, January 18, 2013, 04:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Begel Dverl

Spoiler
So, first time doing something like this, but important nonetheless.
Quote from: pretre 501309 5187811 26ff2c1b9c6e1675359196327d34eaa7.jpg
Spoiler

Quote from: NatfkaYes, its blurry, but look what we have here today. Warriors of Chaos are here and are to be released February 2nd. Pre-orders to arrive shortly. The pic is apparently the army book cover.

What does that mean for everything else? Daemons for March? Flyers for April? Or do we have flyers at the same time. It does look like there are a few models for both the Hobbit and for 40k, but I cannot tell of flyers are included.

These came from a reader that apparently has his White Dwarf for some reason. Lets see if GW lets these images stay up, or if someone still has something riding up the backside. For some reason they targeted only a couple selective sites last month.
New Villich and Throgg models as well as some chariots and new gribbly monsters. There are also rumors that Mr. Cruddace is writing the book.

Throgg and Villich= Finecast. Throgg is about $50 or so; not sure about Villich.

New Lord= Plastic. At least $20

EDIT: All info I got is from here: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/501309.page

EDIT 2: New Pics

Spoiler

[/quote]

Cammerz

It doesn't seem that long since the last Warriors of Chaos army book (but maybe its just my memory going), there are certainly much older books which could do with updating (Wood Elves and Bretonnians to name two).

As for what this does to the schedule, perhaps the rumour of daemons was in fact this, maybe somebody saw some of the gribblies on display here and assumed the were daemonic. So maybe its still flyers in March, but who knows, guess we'll just have to find out.

As for these pictures, well some of them hurt my eyes a bit due to the quality but what I did see looked alright. Of the two chariots I certainly prefer the one drawn by horses, the Dragon Ogres look very cool. Not sure what to make of the rest of it, I can't even tell what a lot of it is meant to be but that's chaos for you.

crisis_vyper

I am happy that I am not near my Warriors of Chaos army now, or else I will be broke.

Narric

I MAAAYY pick up WoC as a Fantasy army later on in the year. However, I definately love that Tzeentch Socerer model. I'd be half tempted to use it to represent Ahriman for CSM :D

Chris

I was thinking likewise! A lot of the Chaos Warrior characters in armour would look great as CSM, just stick a back pack on them! I'm thinking that guy with the but horns!

Walrus Man

I'm pleased to see new dragon ogre models, they're a huge improvement on the current ones. :) In fact, I like the look of nearly every model there which is promising. I don't plan to collect WoC but I really wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those lords to paint.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

silverfuge

Maybe I'm tired but is there a pic of villetch cause I didnt see one. Will look again in morning but if someone could tell me which one to check I would appreciate it.
Gm is God

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Walrus Man on January 20, 2013, 12:12:47 AM
I'm pleased to see new dragon ogre models, they're a huge improvement on the current ones. :) In fact, I like the look of nearly every model there which is promising. I don't plan to collect WoC but I really wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those lords to paint.
I agree, but I think Throgg would look better without the cape.

Walrus Man

Quote from: Begel Dverl on January 20, 2013, 04:22:12 AM
Quote from: Walrus Man on January 20, 2013, 12:12:47 AM
I agree, but I think Throgg would look better without the cape.

I actually didn't mind the cape. I think it helps to counter balance his horns and huge pauldrons, and stops him from looking too top heavy.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Begel Dverl

Well, according to Dakkadakka, someone had found someone with some more inofrmation.

Just echoing it onto here.

Quote from: pretre 501309 5204279 26ff2c1b9c6e1675359196327d34eaa7.jpgCruddace

Quote from: wamphyri101 over on Warseer
Advance Orders 26th January for release on the 2nd of Feb

New stuff:
New Book
Magic Cards

Trogg
Vilitch
Lord Model

Forsaken
Dragon Ogres
Gorebeast Chariot/ Chariot

Mutalith Vortex Beast
Slaughterbrute

Quote from: NatfkaStuff we know from White Dwarf:

Forsaken are a core choice. Forsaken are M6 and D3+1 A. Has it's own D6 chart. One result is ASF.

Chaos Knights now buy enscrolled weapons as an upgrade

WILL OF CHAOS is not listed beneath lords, heroes, knights etc. Only eye of the gods

Mutalith has a bound spell ranged 18

Cammerz

They're now up for advance order;

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440004a

To be honest I think GW might have a little too much faith in these one-click bundles, its not like they save you any money and when you've just got two or three identical boxes in a bundle, there isn't much point is there?

But looking at some of these models closer, I am liking the look of the chaos lord, except perhaps that halberd.

Begel Dverl

With these new pics, I am beginning to like Throgg a little more now....I might even make him a Warboss!

However, them Forsaken......

When I saw them....a sheer feeling of "WTF am I looking at" just dropped onto me....

Still nice however, very Chaos-y.