News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Meow Meow Miniatures - Female 'Science-Fiction' Marines

Started by Paradoxrifts, April 15, 2013, 03:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradoxrifts

Not to give the impression that I in any way, shape or form would support my fellow players by enabling their descent into outright heresy, but given the interest that some forum members had in female space marines I thought that I'd tell them in no uncertain terms that they definitely should not visit this site, nor should they buy their heretical offerings.   ;)

And as always, caveat emptor. I have not bought anything from this site, so I cannot give a personal recommendation.

Lord Sotek

Kind of you to post the link, but none of the Adepta I know of need Mark 69 PowerTits armor. The head sprues might be handy, though.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Osiris

yeah. great post, but as stated, though they may be female space marines/soldiers, not many want it to be so gender obvious.

take for example body armour employed today, it, for the most part does not allow for any type of form. it compresses the breasts down and effectively makes a woman flat...or a fat dude not so fat. i am not saying that people wont/have not/will not ever use those Mark 69 PowerTits armour, I am just saying that modern day armour does not objectify women in such a way.
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Narric

Space Pirate did an excellent job with these ;)

The guy who may these parts is also behind the Female Eldar model sold by Chapterhouse: http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=118&product_id=194

His blog is over here: http://battlesuits.blogspot.co.uk/

Having another look, they're currently making Female Biker legs, and IG parts :P

Back to the Fem-Marines bitz.

I personally would only buy the Heads. I highly doubt there process of becoming a Space Marine would give a woman DD Bewbs :P

Archon Sharrek

I can see using them as a base for Sister conversions, to mix up the variety of poses in the army, but that's about it.
Taking the theme of Tau and Dark Eldar allies, and having fun with it.

"That's EVIL EMPEROR ZURGIE-BABY, TO YOU!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

"Jim-cracking Dandy!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

Narric

Quote from: Archon Sharrek on April 15, 2013, 08:33:04 AM
I can see using them as a base for Sister conversions, to mix up the variety of poses in the army, but that's about it.
I have to admit I hadn't thought of that...

salamut2202

So, a more practical looking bunch of sisters of battle? They work.
Quote from: Narric on April 15, 2013, 08:29:28 AM
Space Pirate did an excellent job with these ;)

The guy who may these parts is also behind the Female Eldar model sold by Chapterhouse: http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=118&product_id=194

His blog is over here: http://battlesuits.blogspot.co.uk/

Having another look, they're currently making Female Biker legs, and IG parts :P

Back to the Fem-Marines bitz.

I personally would only buy the Heads. I highly doubt there process of becoming a Space Marine would give a woman DD Bewbs :P
I have seen that so-not-a-striking-scorpions-exarch IRL and it is cetrtainly a beaut.

Those eldar heads though, I would be happy to rip the man heads off my wyches.

Rej

Quote from: Narric on April 15, 2013, 08:47:15 AM
Quote from: Archon Sharrek on April 15, 2013, 08:33:04 AM
I have to admit I hadn't thought of that...

Female Inquisitors. Female Henchmen too... Henchwomen if you will. As a base for female admech conversions too. Lots of people where power armour that arn't marines. Whether boobs should be present in the armour however is another story, I think its perfectly legitimate that people would make use of stylized armour (a lot also wouldn't bother).
Phew...

Paradoxrifts

Quote from: Lord Sotek on April 15, 2013, 03:53:32 AM
Kind of you to post the link, but none of the Adepta I know of need Mark 69 PowerTits armor. The head sprues might be handy, though.

They're still far too feminine for a female face that has been ravaged by the god emperor's own divinely empowered testosterone. Maybe you could find something that looks more like this somewhere else. I do admit that I find the politics of creating and painting models of female space marines kind of fascinating though. There is a whole gamut of different opinions from people wanting to field very feminine and clearly female models all the way through varying degrees of masculinity right up to  Fallout super mutant styled monstrosity. If women were recruited in the Adeptus Astartes it is my opinion that the end product would be virtually indistinguishable from a man at 28mm scale. 

But so far as I'm concerned WH40K has no female Space Marines. It needs no female Space Marines. And yet I'm not going to judge another wargamer on what they do with their army. I'm a thirty-year-old man now and high school happened a really long time ago. I'm going to drink out of my bottle, and I'm going to expect them to drink out of theirs.

Quote from: Osiris on April 15, 2013, 07:01:42 AM
take for example body armour employed today, it, for the most part does not allow for any type of form. it compresses the breasts down and effectively makes a woman flat...or a fat dude not so fat. i am not saying that people wont/have not/will not ever use those Mark 69 PowerTits armour, I am just saying that modern day armour does not objectify women in such a way.

I get your point and it is a good one, but I think you're downplaying the value that some people are going to place on easily and clearly communicating the idea that they're playing with female soldiers to others. I don't think you could sculpt a 28mm-scale combat ready female solider in full military kit who would be immediately recognisable as female, nor do I think you could hire a professional sculptor that could do the job either. I'm just going to put it out there, it might not be enough for some people to buy slightly shorter and slighter 28mm-scale female miniatures that are virtually indistinguishable from their male counterparts, and then be content that at least they wrote down on their army list that these were female soldiers.

I like trashy exploitative entertainment so I'm probably not in the best position to cast stones, but do feel that if there is a problem with the objectification of women here it is that you associate the mere presence of breasts as objectification as a prelude to getting rid of a nonsexual representation of the human figure that is clearly and unquestionably female.