News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Well, aside from minor additions (like me assuming that some ponies would be mad enough to try and worship Discord) this is following the shows canon. Since this RP is set over 1000 years before the end of the show and I mentioned the princesses defeating him... Yeah he's a statue, and will be for the duration. No, that statue you've found isn't him, it's just an idol made by his worshippers (who probably all met a gruesome, ironic and/or hilarious end)

Mabbz

I'm sorry for the delay, I had a load of coursework to get done. Now on to the next story post.

You've probably guessed that something weird is going on, but I'm sorry to say your characters aren't thinking straight and probably haven't. If you want your character to become suspicious about any of this, you will have to make an Intelligence test (roll equal to or under you (I) on a d20). If you fail, make a post anyway based on how your character is feeling. I might reward good roleplaying.

Oh, Plumber and Thunder? You've gone more nuts than the other two, so your Intelligence gets a -1 penalty for this test. Enjoy.

Here's a good dice roller for your tests.

Waaaghpower

I rolled a 9.
Frack...
I'll get a good post up soon, (next 24 hours,) just gotta work out how I'm gonna do this.
Though,  I should ask... is it a complete pass/fail thing or are there degrees of success? (Or is that up to me?)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Hmmm... I'll leave it up to you. As long as nothing useful comes of it.

Incidentally, while you can't discuss it in character until you realise something's wrong, you can and probably should try to figure out what's going on, why it's happening and how you're going to deal with it. Feel free to trade theories in this thread if you want.

Waaaghpower

Oh, it certainly won't be helpful, I promise...
As for what's going on; I'd guess that leftover chaos magic is present in the building, having not yet disappeared or faded away since Discord was in power.
Either that, or a voodoo pony.

Walrus Man

A pineapple, oh lord. :derp: I'll try and get something posted tonight...
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

I took the liberty of rolling an Agility check where it seemed appropriate. (It's pretty obvious what for,) and got a 19. If I'm not supposed to add checks like that let me know and I'll remove it.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on May 12, 2013, 10:34:22 PM
I took the liberty of rolling an Agility check where it seemed appropriate. (It's pretty obvious what for,) and got a 19. If I'm not supposed to add checks like that let me know and I'll remove it.
Throwing extra bits like that in is not only allowed, it's encouraged. Having said that, most rolls follow the following format unless I say otherwise:

QuoteStat checks are made by rolling under your stat on a d20, with various modifiers applying. A further d20 is then rolled to determine how successful (or otherwise) it was. This can mean that the action works, but does nothing useful, or everything goes fine, or that whatever you were doing goes horribly well (tries to move a rock; causes avalanche).
You failed your agility test with a 19, no problems there. You should then roll a second d20 to determine how unpleasant the consequences were (high scores being better).

I made the second roll for you. You got a 6, which, by luck, I probably would have interpreted as you crashing into a wall and being somewhat dazed by it :derp:. Since that's exactly what you wrote anyway, you don't need to do anything. Wait for at least one more character to make a post then feel free to roll again. And try not to fail, you already crashed twice in this campaign :D

Waaaghpower

Oops! I'll keep that in mind.

Also, I'm beginning to suspect an increase of Nitrous Oxide judging by how Plumber and Pale are reacting. ( ::) )

Waaaghpower

Also: Do you want me to start using the Invisible Castle thing? I've just been using Random.org because it's convenient but I can switch if you want.

Mabbz

Whatever works is good. I use invisiblecastle because it's easy to link here. That said, when I did the timberwolf fight I wrote a program in c++ to roll dice, because I didn't have access to the internet. Whatever works for you.

Minrat

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4047591/

So i rolled these, and am curious about what type of spell being cast on me?

Is it the spell where I start bludgeoning myself to death, or where I start killing my comrades before bludgeoning myself to death?

(I.e.-do i go for my weapons or start ramming myself against a wall?)

Mabbz

How Patent reacts is entirely up to you. For the intelligence test I'm making everyone do you don't need a second dice roll, I'm letting you decide how a sudden bout of depression would affect your character. This is one of those situations where you don't use the normal dice rolls.

Having said that, any subsequent actions like trying to flee, commiting suicide or attacking everyone else do require the usual method I mentioned earlier. Sorry for any confusion.

Also, why am I still online at 2:30am?

Mabbz

Quotefor the love of Celestia, please stop Patent offing himself-playing a racist for the first time has been too fun

You're the one that decided he would become suicidal. I just made him depressed ;)

Don't worry, even if the others don't snap out of it in time to stop you, I'll roll to determine how badly you hurt yourself. Odds of death are very low. You might knock yourself out though.

Incidentally, I randomly determined who would get what emotion, and I had to re-roll for Patent. Mostly because I put down every emotion I could think of and I couldn't figure out how to write him under the influence of lust, which he rolled first.

Minrat

You could have had me coming onto discord.....  Or rolling a D3 for another pony I got infatuated with.....

but depressive works well.