News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

You've got to be fracking kidding me...
I rolled a 15 for my agility test.
Then, I rolled a 14 for how successful/bad it was.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Well, at least you delayed the suicide attempt :facepalm001:. Let's just hope Patent doesn't notice those wingblades.

No more from you two until one of the others posts. Maybe they'll have more luck.

Waaaghpower

Sounds good.
Also, I wasn't sure how much it would hurt to ram into someone while carrying wing blades in your mouth (and rollinga 14,) so I'll leave it up to you.

Walrus Man

Just to clarify, this intelligence test http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4051201/ would mean that I've figured out somethings up, but I've screwed it up somehow, correct?
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

Quote from: Walrus Man on May 16, 2013, 01:57:44 PM
Just to clarify, this intelligence test http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4051201/ would mean that I've figured out somethings up, but I've screwed it up somehow, correct?
First up, all stat checks are made by rolling equal to or under your stat, so you failed you intelligence test unless you have an intelligence of 17 :P. As for the second roll, it isn't required here. This is the quote from earlier:
Quote from: Mabbz on May 13, 2013, 01:29:50 AM
For the intelligence test I'm making everyone do you don't need a second dice roll, I'm letting you decide how a sudden bout of emotion would affect your character. This is one of those situations where you don't use the normal dice rolls.

Having said that, any subsequent actions like trying to flee, commiting suicide or attacking everyone else do require the usual method I mentioned earlier. Sorry for any confusion.

To be honest, having low dice rolls be good for stat checks while high rolls are good for everything else is probably a bad idea :-\. I won't change the rules right now, but if you feel it's unnecessarily confusing I might change them once you've finished at the temple. Thoughts?

One more thing. If one of you does realise somethings up (passing their test) and they try to tell the others, it will give everyone else a +3 bonus to their subsequent intelligence tests. Working out that something is wrong is easier when someone is telling you so. Also, passing the test doesn't get rid of the emotion, you just realise it's unnatural. You'll still feel happy/afraid/sad, although it will be easier to ignore.

Waaaghpower

I thought rolling lower was better? Like, rolling a 3 after crashing means you weren't burt that much?

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on May 16, 2013, 03:50:18 PM
I thought rolling lower was better? Like, rolling a 3 after crashing means you weren't burt that much?
Nope. The only time that a low roll is good is in stat checks (the first of the two rolls). Like I said, I think that was a mistake. Once we finish this little section I'll revise the rules to make them simpler.

kingofmonkeys

sorry I haven't posted yet work been crazy. SO i need to roll an int test at -1 and post based on how badly I fail?

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on May 16, 2013, 10:36:24 PM
sorry I haven't posted yet work been crazy. SO i need to roll an int test at -1 and post based on how badly I fail?
It's just a pass/fail test, so any degrees of failure are entirely up to you. Besides who knows, you might even pass.

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Mabbz on May 16, 2013, 10:38:37 PM
Quote from: kingofmonkeys on May 16, 2013, 10:36:24 PM
It's just a pass/fail test, so any degrees of failure are entirely up to you. Besides who knows, you might even pass.
ok I'll get that up in a bit when I get cooled down from work it was really crazy today

#15 to the new world

Walrus Man

Quote from: Mabbz on May 16, 2013, 03:01:47 PM
Quote from: Walrus Man on May 16, 2013, 01:57:44 PM
First up, all stat checks are made by rolling equal to or under your stat, so you failed you intelligence test unless you have an intelligence of 17 :P. As for the second roll, it isn't required here. This is the quote from earlier:
Quote from: Mabbz on May 13, 2013, 01:29:50 AM
For the intelligence test I'm making everyone do you don't need a second dice roll, I'm letting you decide how a sudden bout of emotion would affect your character. This is one of those situations where you don't use the normal dice rolls.

Having said that, any subsequent actions like trying to flee, commiting suicide or attacking everyone else do require the usual method I mentioned earlier. Sorry for any confusion.

To be honest, having low dice rolls be good for stat checks while high rolls are good for everything else is probably a bad idea :-\. I won't change the rules right now, but if you feel it's unnecessarily confusing I might change them once you've finished at the temple. Thoughts?

One more thing. If one of you does realise somethings up (passing their test) and they try to tell the others, it will give everyone else a +3 bonus to their subsequent intelligence tests. Working out that something is wrong is easier when someone is telling you so. Also, passing the test doesn't get rid of the emotion, you just realise it's unnatural. You'll still feel happy/afraid/sad, although it will be easier to ignore.

Nope, that all works for me, thanks for clearing it up. :)
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

:facepalm001: Six failed intelligence tests? I'd like to congratulate you all on somehow offending the RNG so thoroughly.

Right. First of all, since you are all crashing into each other and acting crazy, I'm removing the -1 modifiers from Plumber and Thunder. Second, all of you get a +1 modifier on top of that. If you still fail, your character must do something stupid (previously I left it up to you; now I'm removing that choice) like attempting to flee into a monster infested forest, or commit suicide.

In addition, if you're bored of your current emotion,  I'll let you re-roll. Simply roll a d6 (before rolling your intelligence test) and see what you get:

1) joy
2) lust
3) anger
4) jealousy
5) depression
6) fear

kingofmonkeys

Ok post up if somepony doesn't stop the laughter soon Plumber's Crack is going to pass out from lack of oxygen

#15 to the new world

kingofmonkeys

#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Someone post, someone post,
One, two, three, four,
I would like someone to post,
One, two, three, four.

Plumber's Crack, cannot breathe,
Someone give him some relief,
Patent Pending wants to murder himself,
Stop him before he loses his health.

One, two, three, four,
One, two, three, four.

Pale's obsessed, with a pineapple joke,
He wants to share the joy it awoke,
Thunder's trying flee out into the dark wood,
Despite all the monsters after her blood.

One, two, three, four,
One, two, three, four.

In case you didn't work it out, it's sung to the tune of Raise this barn. I'm afraid I don't have the time or the imagination to write the remaining four verses :'(.