News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimeNumber

Hullo thare... I should use the reply option thing more.

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Ah real life, thou art a heartless bitch >:(

Sorry for the delay :-[. I'll make a post in the next half an hour.

kingofmonkeys

Mabbz check your pronouns.... Plumber's a dude
"Plumber's eyes had just been locking onto those of the cockatrice. At Thunder's words she flinched away, snapping her eyes closed before she" 

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Story! Hector and Prime, feel up to some breaking and entering?

As for the rest of you, three rounds rapid time. I said I was considering not throwing a fight at you, and eventually left it to chance. 50/50 chance of a monster, you rolled a cockatrice. If you were wondering the other possibilities were a manticore, more timberwolves, enchanted trees or a giant crab.

By the way, Pale and Patent have to get there so depending on their rolls they might not get their third action.

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on July 05, 2013, 08:55:57 PM
Mabbz check your pronouns.... Plumber's a dude
"Plumber's eyes had just been locking onto those of the cockatrice. At Thunder's words she flinched away, snapping her eyes closed before she"
You saw nothing... :shifty:

HectorSmash

Much obliged, Mabbz Seed! I love stealth games - Thief and Deus Ex in particular - so I'm looking forward to this.

Sorry about the impatient gif up there. I tend to forget that other people have lives outside of MLP roleplaying...

EDIT: Which reminds me; PrimeNumbers is going to be MIA for the next week. I'm not sure if he's gone yet but I just thought I'd throw this out there.

Mabbz

No problem, you'll be pleased to hear that it's unlikely to happen again. For the most part, I really don't have a life outside of MLP roleplaying  ;)

Thanks for letting me know about PrimeNumbers. I suppose it's a good thing Rose is so nervous; it gives me an excuse to give her something relatively simple to do while PN's away.

HectorSmash

MEANWHILE, IN ALL OF MY POSTS:

I've been using present tense the whole time...

Mabbz

I've arbitrarily decided that Backlash outranks Hazy, mostly so this doesn't turn into me ordering you around. Of course, she only just outrank him, he has more knowledge on the mission and she has been receiving orders directly from Princess Luna, so your authority isn't absolute.

Somehow it never occurred to me to send you in without Hazy. Not sure why it didn't, as it's actually a good idea, since it means you'll have more fun and I'll have an easier time keeping track of personal pronouns (I nearly referred to my own character as a 'she' a few minutes ago :P).

Also I just noticed:
Quote from: HectorSmash on July 05, 2013, 09:22:34 PM
Much obliged, Mabbz Seed!
How did that pun never occur to me before :D

HectorSmash

Quote from: Mabbz on July 06, 2013, 09:13:44 AM
she has been receiving orders directly from Princess Luna

(I nearly referred to my own character as a 'she' a few minutes ago :P).

You had ONE job, Weapon of Mabbz Destruction!

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on July 06, 2013, 09:23:10 AM
Quote from: Mabbz on July 06, 2013, 09:13:44 AM
she has been receiving orders directly from Princess Luna

(I nearly referred to my own character as a 'she' a few minutes ago :P).

You had ONE job, Weapon of Mabbz Destruction!
:facepalm001:

You know what? I'm not even going to edit my post. Let it stand forever as a monument to my utter failure.

By the way, are you going to make up a new pun for my name in every post ::)?

Mabbz

A simple map of the warehouse interior. I haven't noted down where the various crates and the like are since you wont know that until you get inside.
Warehouse map and key

Key:
1) Main entrance
2) Storage areas (full of crates, boxes sacks etc.)
3) Offices
4) Entrance to lower office
5) Staircase and entrance to upper office

Oh, since I forgot to mark it on, the fire escape is directly opposite the other door in the upper office.

Walrus Man

Quote from: Mabbz on July 05, 2013, 08:58:23 PM
Story! Hector and Prime, feel up to some breaking and entering?

As for the rest of you, three rounds rapid time. I said I was considering not throwing a fight at you, and eventually left it to chance. 50/50 chance of a monster, you rolled a cockatrice. If you were wondering the other possibilities were a manticore, more timberwolves, enchanted trees or a giant crab.

By the way, Pale and Patent have to get there so depending on their rolls they might not get their third action.

So this 3 rounds rapid time, how does that work? I'm not very familiar with it.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

Quote from: Walrus Man on July 06, 2013, 12:42:09 PM
So this 3 rounds rapid time, how does that work? I'm not very familiar with it.
Have a couple of quotes from just before the timberwolf fight:

Quote from: Mabbz on March 24, 2013, 10:40:59 AM
Get ready for your first fight scene. There are four timberwolves.

Fighting follows the "Three rounds rapid" method I stole from Ravager Zero. Basically, you all need to send me a PM containing three actions you want to try and perform in this fight. These can be anything from physical attacks, to spells, to attempts at diplomacy or animal taming. I will then work out how effective your actions are, as well as the actions of your enemies and I will post them in a big fight scene. If the fight hasn't finished by this point I'll ask for another round of actions.
Quote from: Mabbz on March 25, 2013, 06:08:33 AM
Quote from: kingofmonkeys on March 25, 2013, 01:31:23 AM
oh quick question will you wait to recieve all pms before posting action or in turns of who posts first? because trying to talk to the things would be useless if everyone else is attacking so i would like to know in that regard
I'll wait until I have all the PMs, then post them in a realistic order. Hang on, here's an example of some combat actions based on the show:

Spoiler
Twilight Sparkle:
1) meditate
2) use additional power from meditation to incinerate everything (unless friends are too close)
3) charge with friends

Applejack:
1) grapple attack
2) Charge with friends
3) buck in face

Pinkie Pie:
1) prepare party offscreen
2) charge with friends
3) copy everyone else

Rainbow Dash:
1) mini tornado attack
2) charge with friends
3) distract it while others flee

Rarity:
1) Kick in face
2) Charge with friends
3) run away

Fluttershy:
1) try to befriend it
2) try harder to befriend it
3) it's going to LOVE ME!
As you can see, Fluttershy's second attempt was successful (no one listened to the first), so the combat ended there.