News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

You keep saying 'them' in the RP post - I'd really rather not drag an NPC earth pony around with me, seeing as how I can barely fly myself. Not sure if that was another pronoun mishap.

Quote from: Mabbz on July 06, 2013, 09:45:55 AM
By the way, are you going to make up a new pun for my name in every post ::)?

No, I'd run out too fast. Just whenever I find myself saying 'Mabbz.' I guess you get a complimentary one for that: GLORIOUS PC GAMING MABBZ-STER RACE:

Spoiler

Mabbz

Since PrimeNumber isn't around, you can sideline Rose if you want. Just have her do some minor job like stand in the street and give a signal if someone's coming. Alternatively send her to watch one of the enemy hideouts. I'm leaving what she does up to you.

Walrus Man

Quote from: Mabbz on July 06, 2013, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: Walrus Man on July 06, 2013, 12:42:09 PM
So this 3 rounds rapid time, how does that work? I'm not very familiar with it.
Have a couple of quotes from just before the timberwolf fight:

Quote from: Mabbz on March 24, 2013, 10:40:59 AM
Get ready for your first fight scene. There are four timberwolves.

Fighting follows the "Three rounds rapid" method I stole from Ravager Zero. Basically, you all need to send me a PM containing three actions you want to try and perform in this fight. These can be anything from physical attacks, to spells, to attempts at diplomacy or animal taming. I will then work out how effective your actions are, as well as the actions of your enemies and I will post them in a big fight scene. If the fight hasn't finished by this point I'll ask for another round of actions.
Quote from: Mabbz on March 25, 2013, 06:08:33 AM
Quote from: kingofmonkeys on March 25, 2013, 01:31:23 AM
oh quick question will you wait to recieve all pms before posting action or in turns of who posts first? because trying to talk to the things would be useless if everyone else is attacking so i would like to know in that regard
I'll wait until I have all the PMs, then post them in a realistic order. Hang on, here's an example of some combat actions based on the show:

Spoiler
Twilight Sparkle:
1) meditate
2) use additional power from meditation to incinerate everything (unless friends are too close)
3) charge with friends

Applejack:
1) grapple attack
2) Charge with friends
3) buck in face

Pinkie Pie:
1) prepare party offscreen
2) charge with friends
3) copy everyone else

Rainbow Dash:
1) mini tornado attack
2) charge with friends
3) distract it while others flee

Rarity:
1) Kick in face
2) Charge with friends
3) run away

Fluttershy:
1) try to befriend it
2) try harder to befriend it
3) it's going to LOVE ME!
As you can see, Fluttershy's second attempt was successful (no one listened to the first), so the combat ended there.

Gotcha, thanks.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

Well, that was impressive. Aside from Plumber's stumble, everyone rolled well for their attacks. Unfortunately that includes the cockatrice. Thunder is fairly badly hurt and while a bandage will keep her alive, she is suffering from blood loss, shock and a concussion. Walking (or even staying conscious) could prove difficult. On the other hand, Plumber will be able to walk - albeit slowly - once his leg is bandaged.

Hector, I don't think Backlash would know much about picking locks since I doubt it's in standard guard training and her backstory doesn't justify it. Despite this, you need to figure out a way in, preferrably something subtle. Of course, if you can't think of anything then you can always use a rock, but a more creative approach would be less likely to backfire.

Waaaghpower

Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

kingofmonkeys

aaaand there Plumber goes again He needs someone to cheer him up a bit or he's gonna just loose his shit for good... Though it kind of is his fault this time...

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

HectorSmash

Alright Mabbz-ster of Puppets, I'm not sure how much of my wall-o-text you're okay with, so if any of it ought to be cut out just say the word and I'll edit it.

Mabbz

My first thought was: where did you get a leather sandal? I'll let you off for that though, it's hardly a game breaker. My second thought was: what would a pony's sandal even look like? Somehow, I can't picture it. But whatever, not important.

What is important is that a leather sandal would most likely be quite flimsy. Using it to open a fairly heavy window whilst flying means some pretty bad modifiers. I'd say a strength test at -4. So you needed a 1 or a 2 on a d20 to succeed, followed by a further d20 to see how badly you failed (or how well you succeeded, I suppose). You can roll dice here, be sure to post a link to the result along with your RP post.

Quote from: Waaaghpower on July 12, 2013, 11:11:24 PM
You've gotta be kidding me... I don't want to die!
You won't die (assuming someone bandages you up within the next half an hour). You're not even unconscious, just in pain and rather light-headed. You could even be delirious if you want.

HectorSmash

Quote from: HectorSmash on June 29, 2013, 03:47:22 PM
Her hooves are protected by simple iron boots with leather soles and padded on the inside with cloth, excepting her left front hoof, which has only a leather sandal protecting it.

That was from my character sheet on page 15. The rest of her armor is obviously too big to carry around with her, but the sandal can be folded or rolled into a ball and kept in her pouch.

Furthermore, the sandals look sort of like this, but without the spikes and naturally without the rest of the armor. Just take the leg bits and you'll have a pretty solid idea of what it looks like:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Arena_Light_Raiment_%28Blue_Team%29?file=ArenaLightArmorBlue.png

I can't believe you'd assume such poor craftsponyship from Backlash... I am shocked, sir, shocked and appalled! But you're right, leather is kind of a crap material when it comes to load-bearing.

EDITS UPON EDITS: I am going to die very quickly.

EVEN MORE EDITS: Nevermind, I should be okay.

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on July 13, 2013, 01:52:59 PM
Quote from: HectorSmash on June 29, 2013, 03:47:22 PM
Her hooves are protected by simple iron boots with leather soles and padded on the inside with cloth, excepting her left front hoof, which has only a leather sandal protecting it.

That was from my character sheet on page 15. The rest of her armor is obviously too big to carry around with her, but the sandal can be folded or rolled into a ball and kept in her pouch.

Furthermore, the sandals look sort of like this, but without the spikes and naturally without the rest of the armor. Just take the leg bits and you'll have a pretty solid idea of what it looks like:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Arena_Light_Raiment_%28Blue_Team%29?file=ArenaLightArmorBlue.png

I can't believe you'd assume such poor craftsponyship from Backlash... I am shocked, sir, shocked and appalled! But you're right, leather is kind of a crap material when it comes to load-bearing.
Ah... I remembered the iron boots, but I forgot the sandal. Still a -4 modifier though, sorry.

Quote from: HectorSmash on July 13, 2013, 01:52:59 PM
EDITS UPON EDITS: I am going to die very quickly.

EVEN MORE EDITS: Nevermind, I should be okay.
???

HectorSmash

Just waiting for someone else to post so I can do the same. I've already rolled, but I forgot which way was which when it comes to the second roll. I thought I'd managed to teleport myself to the 12th plane of torment by snapping some leather.

Spoiler

Mabbz

A natural 20 means means that your attempt, while not going the way you intended, still went very well. It means that somehow, you managed to get into the warehouse, but not by levering the window open. How that works I'll leave up to you.

Mabbz

Since the others are taking a long time to post anything and they don't affect you anyway, feel free to double post. Or even just edit you last post to contain the result of your window opening action.

kingofmonkeys

just waiting for someone to snap Plumber out of his panic attack... Or at the least help him walk

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world