News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

And he'll have a sister named Plot Hole.

Eh? Eh? That's like a three-for-one!

Mabbz

:facepalm001:

I'm tempted to bring in a character called Wall Breaker. The name runs in the family, so he is Wall Breaker IV. I stole him from a hilarious fanfic.

We're going to start coming up with ridiculous names now, aren't we?

HectorSmash

Mabbz

Quote from: HectorSmash on August 17, 2013, 09:49:54 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on August 17, 2013, 09:39:27 PM
Backlash had left his equipment
... again? I am meticulous with spelling and grammar, but somehow I always slip up on genders. I think my subconscious is doing it on purpose to make me look bad.

Quote from: HectorSmash on August 17, 2013, 09:49:54 PM
Also: What's the fanfic called?
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/56849/the-god-squad. It's complete, and has an incomplete sequel.

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Walrus Man

HI all, sorry for the silence. I swear I will have time to post properly tomorrow! If I can't sort my time management out I will have to pull out, but here's hoping it won't come to that. :derp:
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

Apologies for not posting a lot. My current connection is slower than a concussed pegasus. Will try and post tonight.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Minrat

Sorry for not posting-I completely missed the post where we met and had no idea what was going on for a bit-will post now.

EDIT:which of the NPC's are earth ponies?

Mabbz

Hazy is a unicorn, Cloud Storage is an earth pony and Fog Dancer is a pegasus. You haven't actually been told about the latter two yet, but if you want to put something like "Hazy quickly summarized everything that they had done so far" then that's fine. As a friendly NPC, you are allowed to make Hazy perform minor tasks like that without asking.

Mabbz

As it is, everypony is coming into the mines except possibly Rose. Prime, I originally said you were going back because 1) I assumed that's what she would do in this situation and 2) she could show the others the way to the safe house. If you wan't to stick around for this mission, let me know either in character or out. Otherwise I'll assume you left.

I'll leave it for a little while to make sure everyone has a chance to choose, then I'll make a post in which Backlash returns and we enter the mines. I'll probably have the groups fill each other in en route to the mine entrance, so everypony will know everything that's happened so far. I won't go into details in my post so if you want to know anything specific (either because you've forgotten and can't find the info or because your character hasn't had the opportunity to say anything until now), just ask either here or in character.

HectorSmash

PrimeNumber

Well, Mabbz, I already turned around to lead everyone to the safehouse, and yes, you assumed right, I'm going to cower in fear, going to the safehouse

Mabbz

Ah Hazy, it was all supposed to be simple. Gather a team with the required talents, get the job done. How did it get so complex so fast?

Yes, it is possible that I'm projecting a bit here. I can't fault any of you for roleplaying but I'm having difficulty determining if this RP is fun when some of the characters are so unhappy. Somehow I seem to be running the most dysfunctional My Little Pony based RP ever, and I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong. As such I have to ask: is there anything you think I could do to improve Dusk and Dawn?

Also, how did I only just notice that Dusk and Dawn abbreviated is D&D ::)?

HectorSmash

No Mabbz Jack, it's good. You're allowing the characters to act and react fluidly, while creating a sense of depth and interpersonal problems - but you're not even creating them, you're leaving them dynamic. You're doing a great job.

Waaaghpower

Just FYI, Thunder isn't distrustful or mad with anyone, just contemptuous. She thinks they're a lot of idiots, racists, and perverts. (She also doesn't think she's traumatized by the experience. She's tough, she can handle it. Right? (No.)(Yes, this will probably lead to later PTSD groin-kicking freakouts.)))
And I'm having a ton of shadenfruedic fun.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.